Frank Recruitment Group Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated 10 Jan 2021

3.5
Frank Recruitment Group CEO James Lloyd Townshend
James Lloyd Townshend
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Could be worse"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

Work with cool people A lot of company outings solid pay

Cons

Micromanagement Cold calling all-day long Long hours with little success

January 20, 2021Employee Engagement Director

Appreciate the time you have taken to leave us some feedback on your time at FRG, its great to hear your positivity about your colleagues, pay and company outings. Cold calling is very much part of the role of a recruitment consultant and can at times be extremely challenging, we encourage all sales employees to reach out to their managers and our Learning and Development team so that they can offer assistance and work with you to ensure you get the most out of the calls. I wish you the very best in your future endeavors.

"Not all it's cracked up to be"

2.0
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

potential to meet some great people good job for someone straight out of college who's looking to work hard

Cons

extremely low pay, expected to work long hours with no overtime toxic work environment that revolves heavily around drinking and drugs. was pressured to drink numerous times during the work day/after work which fosters an unhealthy environment management plays clear favoritism. several people are given passes while others are heavily micromanaged and put down for their work. situations of verbal abuse and made to feel stupid for not knowing how to do something false promises from upper management. commission and pay cuts promised to be restored only to be pushed out months later even when goals are hit. top performers not always recognized for their success

January 20, 2021Employee Engagement Director

We are always looking to address feedback raised by former and current employees. We have a zero-tolerance policy towards drugs and alcohol and encourage any employee that is subjected to such behaviour or witnesses this in any of our offices to contact our HR department. Commission and salary is discussed at every stage of the interview process, we are very open every step of the way regarding potential earnings, we also make it very clear that there may be some long hours involved. Thank you for raising your issue relating to micromanagement, I will be passing this onto the NY management team. Pay cuts will shortly be restored, and we are hugely grateful to our employees for their support and goodwill throughout this period.

3. COVID-19

"One of the best agencies to work in"

5.0
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great colleagues - Fun atmosphere - Commission up to 20% - Opportunity to progress - Global offices - Market leader & ahead of the game when it comes to focusing on emerging technologies and sectors - Clear leadership through a global pandemic and ensured employee safety with office returns etc - Great recruiting tools i.e. CRM & Marketing - Other incentives to strive for i.e. lunch club, top billers club - Supportive management - Subject Matter Experts

Cons

- Long hours however this will always be a downside as it is part and parcel of a recruitment role. You get out of it what you put in. There's been a notable shift since COVID to a less strict way of working though - Capped at 20%

4. COVID-19

"A mixture of an experience"

Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Newcastle, England

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The training was brilliant and I felt engaged and excited to work from it. it was well scheduled and made me feel more educated on my specialised market. - Fortunately I had a great team who I had a great relationship with. - When "First Friday" was on every few months it was good fun and got to leave the office earlier than usual - "Dress Down Fridays" as it was nice to have a change to casual clothing in the office.

Cons

- Very long hours (8:30-17:30 on contract but you're expected to work much more than that unpaid). It seemed that whenever I didn't spend extra hours in the office, it was frowned upon. - Sometimes felt worried to go to work if I hadn't managed to get a deal over 4-8 weeks and was concerned that I wouldn't be acknowledged by management or given positive feedback if I hadn't billed anything. - Unrealistic KPIS at times. They kept increasing every few weeks which I understand to challenge employees and give them more to aim for, but when the pandemic hit, it was too much to manage and was extremely stressful. - When COVID-19 hit and we all began to work from home, I was crying at the end of the working day due to the stress and worry of being told I wasn't doing enough - as mentioned, KPIs at times became unrealistic for me and others, then increased during the pandemic? - I was constantly worried that I was going to be placed on a Performance Plan - from seeing others be put on them, it didn't seem to motivate staff as they're designed to do - it seemed to stress Consultants MORE, but more negative pressure and stress on them and made going to work very challenging. - The culture at times was very welcoming, but then I realised at times it was vicious and competitive in a negative way that didn't motivate me more.

Continue reading
  5. "You get out what you put in"

4.0
    Former Employee - Credit Control Team Leader in Newcastle, England

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

Great social events and recognition for effort

Cons

Long hours of work throughout the year

December 9, 2020Employee Engagement Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with Frank Recruitment Group. We wish you the best of luck in your next endavor.

6. "Pay review"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle, England

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

Great training scheme and fun culture

Cons

Very little work life balance and long hours

"Disastrous environment to work in"

Current Employee - Consultant en recrutement in London, England

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

- they will hire anyone with a pulse as long as you can talk on the phone - they have a huge database of clients and candidates, but you will need to build your own anyway as they have all been pestered to death

Cons

- it's a revolving door of employees. Only 1 in 10 new hires stays a year in the company. That makes for a poor image with clients - long hours with constant micro management and distrust. I've seen people being reprimanded for going to the toilets doing a "BD block" - the company pushes KPI constantly with no regards for your clients or candidates experience

8. "Good"

2.0
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Have to put in long hours

November 5, 2020Employee Engagement Director

We are glad to hear you are enjoying our company culture and staff members. If there is anything we can do to support your career further please let us know.

"*** WARNING - CALL CENTER - SPAM - DISMAL CAREER OUTLOOK ***"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pros of working here is that they keep alcohol on their desks and they have drinking parties, similar to beer pong and other college drinking games, at least once a month.

Cons

Coming from a seasoned recruiter and business developer that has been in the industry for approximately 10 years, this place is a call center and a turn-and-burn agency. METRICS/KPIs: The company uses HG Insight to import prospect information into Salesforce and the recruiters are required to make 80+ phone calls per day and send 300 emails per day in their designated territory. Next, you'll track those calls and emails to see who has opened those emails and then call them; you can easily make 400 calls per day. After you've completely irritated all the clients in the area, your job is to find some way to close a staffing deal over the phone; never having met the client face-to-face and never determining the needs of the client. You'll post 5 job ads per day and import those candidates into Salesforce. Many of the requisitions listed on job boards and on the FRG website are dead requisitions, meaning that those jobs really isn't available. A candidate applies and now you have their contact information to hammer those people as candidates and as prospective clients. You're required to upload all your contacts into Salesforce as part of your daily KPI metrics. WORK-LIFE BALANCE: Because they're a British-owned company, you'll never be given the opportunity to work from home, thanks to GDPR privacy laws. BUT...if you're in the boy's club, you can work from anywhere. Also, you can't access your email outside the office, which requires you to be in the office to respond to those 300+ emails you sent that morning. FULL DESK, HALF-CYCLE RECRUITMENT: You will be doing the recruiting and the business development, but you don't make the hiring decision. Recruiters, if they legitimately own the account, makes the hiring decision. You don't at FRG. Why would anyone run a full desk to cut their commission to this company? If you're developing the business and you're recruiting on your own accounts, you might as well take out a line of credit or payroll funding to fund your own payroll, unless you're doing direct hires only. LONG HOURS: Speaking of being in the office, this company requires you to work excruciatingly extended hours, under the guise of being able to keep you there because you're a salaried employee. Eventually, someone will sue them and have all 2000+ employees reclassified as hourly workers. Salary means that some weeks you work 35 hours and other weeks you might work 50 hours, but it balances out. You will ALWAYS work more than 40 hours at FRG. PAY & COMMISSION: Absolute Garbage. You will be living paycheck-to-paycheck while you hire tech talent making $135,000 - $300,000 per year. Good luck countering FRG's offer. MEETINGS: Garbage. Morning meetings, afternoon meetings, nightly meetings; meeting to go over call logs, meeting to go over KPIs, meeting to discuss the next meeting, meeting to see how many accounts you're going to sell that week, meeting, meeting, meeting. Oh, did you make 100 calls today between all these meetings and did you screen 10 candidates today? One candidate screening takes a minimum of 20 minutes. Well, time for the next meeting. Did I get those dead requisitions posted? I guess I'll do that after this meeting. TRAINING: Garbage. You learn how to spam candidates and clients. You basically bombard them with emails and calls until they tell you to stop calling them, at which time you still call them because they didn't go through the proper GDPR protocols to have their information removed from Salesforce. CAREER OUTLOOK: Not good. I don't think Frank Recruitment Group knows the reputation they have. After leaving the company and disseminating my resume to prospective employers, they laughed at FRG and wanted to know why I made the mistake of working there. I was very embarrassed, but I understood what they meant. Many of the recruiters that work for FRG have never worked for other recruitment agencies, so they don't know anything else besides the FRG way of spamming the market. BRANDING & TERRITORY: FRG has over 2000 recruiters worldwide under different "brands". Your biggest competition will be those 2000 recruiters that are selling different technologies in your market. Under the umbrella of Frank Recruitment Group, there's Anderson Frank, Mason Frank, Nigel Frank, Washington Frank, FRG Technology, Nelson Frank, and Jefferson Frank. Each "brand" sells a different Technology. Nigel Frank sells Microsoft Azure talent, Jefferson Frank sells AWS talent, etc. They assign you a brand in an attempt to prevent you from cross-selling other technologies and receiving commission on those sales. ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT & OWNERSHIP: Here's the kicker. You never really own an account at Frank Recruitment Group and you'll never be given accounts to manage. Remember, HG Insights imports client data into Salesforce. Your job is to build on what HG Insights deposited into Salesforce. You're required to upload 5 brand new contacts into Salesforce per day, despite what HG Insights has already uploaded; you're building an organization chart. FRG owns the account. Keep in mind there are other "brands" under the umbrella of FRG that can also sell their technologies to the account that you closed. So, after you've built a relationship with the client and they're ready to buy, here comes a recruiter in England or Germany or New York or Tampa, hammering your client for their business also. Like I said, your biggest competition will be other recruiters in the company. NON-COMPETE & LEAVING FRG: A non-compete clause must have a time limit and a territory, generally up to 2 years and 100 miles of your designated sales territory. A word to the wise, FRG's non-compete has none of those stipulations. Their non-compete attempts to eradicate you from the staffing industry altogether. No judge will uphold their non-compete. TPG CAPITAL: Frank Recruitment Group was in so much debt that TPG Capital came in the purchase the debts of the company. If TPG Capital divests itself of this company, they would be much better off.

Continue reading

"If you're a Person of Color DO NOT APPLY"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Frat culture if you're into that. They play favorites and since all the higher ups are white men... well you do the math. VERY monolithic so if you're a straight white man this is the place for you!

Cons

Massive lack of diversity. In the NY office there were a total of MAYBE 6 black people. The micro and macro aggressions and outright sexism and racism is disgusting and HR just tries to wipe them under the rug. Whatever diversity they talk about comes from the white women they hire. There are no people of color in leadership and it shows in how they do their hires. essentially if it it ain't white it ain't right. They try to talk about diversity initiatives and yet there are 0.00 tangeable results. It took days of emails for them to even utter the words "Black Lives Matter" and even that sounded like they were being held at gunpoint to do so from their scripted speech to appease everyone. Besides that, hours are long, leaving before 6:00pm is frowned upon and they rarely if ever approve any overtime requests. even if you get in at 7:30am and work until 7:00pm. Even the unlimited compensation structure they offer isn't what you think. most of the time getting less that 10% of what you get for the company and what you put into your managers pockets.

August 7, 2020Employee Engagement Director

We take discrimination in all forms very seriously in line with our zero-tolerance policy and are deeply concerned to hear you mention racism and sexism in your review. Throughout the month of June we released weekly communication in line with the evolving situation surrounding the Black Lives Matter movement stating our support for the cause and offering assistance to our employees. This included providing lists of suggested educational materials, recommended donation causes and access to supportive resources for adults and children to improve their awareness on both racial equality and LGBTQ+ matters, all as part of the ongoing Diversity Matters project that was introduced at the start of 2020. In addition, we launched a confidential whistle-blowing service encouraging employees to report any instances of derogatory behaviour anonymously with an external partner, and vow to act on any reports as part of our zero-tolerance policy against all forms of discrimination. We also sought out and published contributions from our employees on these and other diversity topics following on from our inaugural Smart Women Week earlier this year to support gender equality both internally at FRG and within our industry, and are delighted to continue these features as part of our employee newsletters and podcasts. As was announced in our half-year meeting at the start of July, we are looking forward to launching our Diversity Matters Employee Resource Groups in the second half of 2020 and are continuing to add to our Diversity Awareness Calendar every month. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer in line with our Core Values and continue to promote our Diversity Matters project at the forefront of our company mission.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 274 English Reviews