Frank Recruitment Group Employee Reviews about "work hard play"

Updated 19 Jan 2021

3.5
Frank Recruitment Group CEO James Lloyd Townshend
James Lloyd Townshend
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work hard play"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Must be good at sales"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

strong opportunity for growth if you put very hard work in

Cons

must work hard to succeed it is easy to get discouraged when not making deals

January 27, 2021Employee Engagement Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If you need further support within your role we are happy to provide additional resources. Please reach out to your manager or senior staff member if you need support. Keep up the hard work, we wish you the best of luck!

2. "A fun ride, not for everyone though!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Buzzing company with lots of energy and a fun culture, never a dull moment. I worked in the Newcastle HQ and it thrives on a work hard play hard environment. If you are new to sales or recruitment, it's a great way to get started. Trainers are amazing people and you can really build your skillset. Team nights out, incentives and great office bants and fun.

Cons

KPI driven business. It's all about the money and the investment behind the company (TPG). If numbers are low, you are going to feel the pressure across the floor and what was once rewarding can become painstaking work. If you are an internal recruiter or you do not believe in Sales as part of your daily work, this is NOT the company for you

June 24, 2020Employee Engagement Director

We value all feedback from both current and former employees and we are glad you've taken the time to share your experience with FRG. Our internal L&D team does a wonderful job of preparing all employees for a career in sales and were glad you noticed. The FRG culture is second to none and we're glad you enjoyed it. As shared in your cons, recruitment is not for everyone but those willing to put in the hard work will achieve great success. We wish you the best of luck in your next endeavor and we thank you for reviewing us.

3. COVID-19

"Pros & Cons"

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a great first job out of college. It teaches you so many different things not just on the recruiting side of things but also real life things. I personally have been here for a little over 2 years and have seen 3 promotions and now have a team reporting into me. I saw these promotions because of the hard work and dedication I put in so I think that is one of the biggest pros to working at FRG - there is definitely room to grow. I also have met the best people working here. From managers to TRCs - FRG really does know how to hire the right people. You can't complain about an open bar either.

Cons

Sure, there are cons. Not everything is perfect - especially when the company was looking to be bought out in 2020 and then a global pandemic comes and ruins it all. That will lead to some angry c-suite people and it all trickles down to management and below. So there's that - which I get but it gets to be so frustrating at times because this company does have so many good things to it and I've been here for it, it just seems like they're losing it a bit. The job as a recruiter is challenging - especially in the beginning. If you're someone who is just going to pout and not ask questions...you're going to struggle. Ask questions, talk to people that have been on your team for a while and get their advice, go out of your way to talk to the EVP of the office. Be a go-getter and take advantage of what you have at FRG and you should be just fine. I think that FRG is more of a stepping stone type of company but that isn't always a bad thing. I used to drink the Kool-aid and love everything about FRG but I now know that FRG isn't my forever home for many different reasons. And I'm okay with that. Again, I've learned so much and don't know where i'd be without the experiences that I've had.

April 29, 2020Employee Engagement Director

Thank you for your feedback. Whilst we appreciate your observations we do not feel as this review is an accurate representation of FRG. All c-suite members are working hard to ensure employees have the tools needed to succeed during this time of change. As you are a current employee and leader yourself, we kindly ask you speak to your respective GMB member about these concerns.

4. "Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

Business model is second to none. The markets we operate in are the best. The opportunity to make money is awesome if you put in the hard work.

Cons

Sometimes it seems we're growing way to fast!

February 19, 2020Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear you have so many pros about working for Frank Recruitment Group!

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in London, England

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great environment to work in, work hard, play hard - Initiative to work hard and go the extra mile - Training in depth, anything you don't understand you can pull Michael to one side and he will talk you through a way of doing it tailored to yourself - Meet people from all different backgrounds - Career progression is non comparable, there is no ceiling here people have been here 3/4 years and are currently in managing positions

Cons

Only con which isn't a bad thing, is long hours - but if you put the hours in then you will get what you want out of this job, you hear from other people in the business which only makes you want to do the same, This is a lifestyle not a job! Same with your starting wage packet it's not the best, but again if you work smartly put the hours in you will quickly change that.

March 13, 2020Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for your review! We love hearing you have so many pros working at Frank Recruitment Group. We are so happy you're on our team. Keep up the great work and positive attitude!

6. "Meritocratic Opportunities"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at FRG has been a blast so far. From day one there is training and you are given the template to succeed if you choose to follow the process. I've enjoyed the process thus far don't get me wrong there is challenges and hard work to be done however, with the right discipline you can be anything you want to be.

Cons

Working hours can be long but that's recruitment in a whole what you put in is what you get.

March 11, 2020Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for your review! We're thrilled to hear you feel supported and are having fun. If there is anything we can do to support your career with FRG further please let us know!

7. "Amazing Company, Culture & Career Opportunity"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful opportunity to be a part of an amazing company culture. The career growth & potential is very achievable. The management team is extremely helpful & encouraging. If you put in the hard work & determination it will definitely pay off whether it's with company intensives, commission or promotions.

Cons

The only con would be occasional long hours.

January 23, 2020Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for your feedback! We love to hear you feel supported through our management teams and that you see great potential. We're lucky to have you on our team!

8. "So many opportunities to grow your career"

Current Employee - Management in Newcastle, England

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company is growing and therefore there is a huge amount of career development. Lots of coaching and support in your role. Work hard, play hard mentality. Hardworking senior mgmt team. Friendly environment.

Cons

Very fast-paced which isn't for everyone. It isn't a 9-5 role.

March 24, 2020Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for your 5-star review! Keep up the great work and positive attitude!

9. "Amazing place to reach your career goals!"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have worked for Frank Recruitment Group for over eight years and have had the opportunity to work in the United States and the United Kingdom. I started after high school and I started as a Trainee Recruitment Consultant and have successfully moved up to a Vice President. I have managed sales professionals, hired talented graduates and helped grow their careers into management roles. I have had the opportunity to attend several incentive trips and I have made more money than I had ever expected. This company has challenged me in ways that I have never expected and it has allowed me to reach goals that I set on a year basis. Whilst the working environment is 'work hard, play hard' if you want it enough you will reap the rewards.

Cons

Whilst every Sales roles has its cons the good outweighs the bad.

January 9, 2020Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for your hard work and dedication to Frank Recruitment Group! It is extremely rewarding to receive feedback of employees thriving with us. Keep up the great work and positive attitude. We are lucky to have you on our team!

10. "Direct correlation between hard work and higher salary"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great group of team members to work alongside with. You see your salary increase with the amount of hard work you put in.

Cons

Long hours are expected a few times a week

December 23, 2019Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for your review!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 117 English Reviews