Frank Recruitment Group Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 10 Jan 2021

3.5
Frank Recruitment Group CEO James Lloyd Townshend
James Lloyd Townshend
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Would not recommend"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in London, England

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great trainings at the beginning of your career, but pretty much that is it.

Cons

No work life balance They expect you to stay every single day and do over hours( of course without any additional pay)

January 20, 2021Employee Engagement Director

Running a recruitment desk is extremely hard work and unfortunately can mean longer hours, its often easier to contact candidates and clients outside of their usual working hours, however the pay that can be earned is in some cases double or triple of what you would earn in another sector. Candidates are reminded every step of our interview process that additional hours may be required. Regarding work life balance employees are all invited to Wellbeing Wednesday which encourages employees to disconnect at 4.30pm every Wednesday and we encourage all employees to maintain work life balance by taking regular breaks and stepping away to recharge throughout the working week.

2. COVID-19

"Great place to learn"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training process for new starters, a lot of help from management and fast paced

Cons

A lot of internal change going on since Covid started, I think we deserve more of a base pay than 42.5k especially in NYC, work life balance is minimum. (long days + long commute to the city)

December 9, 2020Employee Engagement Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback on the salary's which our senior leadership team is currently reviewing. We are offering fully remote positions if your commute is affecting the job. If there is anything we can do to support your career further please email employeeengagement@frankgroup.com.

3. "Anonymous"

4.0
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

The team and people were very supportive

Cons

There was no clear work/life balance at this company

September 24, 2020Employee Engagement Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to hear you felt supported by your team and co-workers. We wish you the best of luck in your next endeavor.

4. "Pay review"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle, England

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

Great training scheme and fun culture

Cons

Very little work life balance and long hours

"COLLEGE GRADS- DONT FALL FOR THIS PYRAMID SCHEME"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Literally NONE other than the free alcohol they bribe you with so you don’t remember how much this job is killing you

Cons

I feel so strongly about other recent college grads not getting scammed by FRG I’m coming back to write a review 3 years later....WRITING POSITIVE GLASSDOOR REVIEWS IS A KPI FOR THEM SO ALL THE REVIEWS FROM CURRENT EMPLOYEES ARE MISLEADING. All you will learn here are sketchy sales tactics. Work life balance? Doesn’t exist. When I was there I once went 4 months without a team lead or anyone checking in on my business because there was so much turnover and management changes. They make you feel stupid for pointing out anything wrong with the business model or incredibly unethical tactics. They act like they are industry leaders when all they do is cold call and post fake job ads- they’ve given themselves a horrible reputation. It’s all a lie- it’s about money for the higher ups and the investors. You are disposable, and will be treated as such. Also it’s a boys club. So much casual sexual harassment and when I brought it to management it was flat out ignored and I was mocked behind my back for raising the issue. So I don’t know why they’d say they have a “zero tolerance” policy. If anything, they have a “100% tolerance” if you’re a higher up or in the boys club.

6. "Okay Job"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

Young and fun environment. Great training.

Cons

Unorganized at times and lack of work/life balance.

7. COVID-19

"Don't Recommend"

2.0
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

If you are okay with working overtime every week, no work-life balance than you can make good money

Cons

No work-life balance, no guidance, terrible base, negative reinforcement, incentives often fall through, fun atmosphere is gone due to COVID(not their fault), pay & commission cuts and they keep pushing back the date we will get them back, even though they are hiring new people left and right.

August 31, 2020Employee Engagement Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. As you are a current employee, we strongly encourage you to discuss these concerns with a senior member of staff or a board member through our buddy up with the board program. We would like to address these concerns and welcome you to reach out at your earlier convenience.

"AVOID IF YOU ENJOY LIVING"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

They are a relatively well known brand The CEO and those in upper management are really nice

Cons

No work/life balance Terrible basic salary Training was rushed and poor Managers are in their own land with no concept of what the market looks like outside there bubble

Continue reading

"*** WARNING - CALL CENTER - SPAM - DISMAL CAREER OUTLOOK ***"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dallas, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pros of working here is that they keep alcohol on their desks and they have drinking parties, similar to beer pong and other college drinking games, at least once a month.

Cons

Coming from a seasoned recruiter and business developer that has been in the industry for approximately 10 years, this place is a call center and a turn-and-burn agency. METRICS/KPIs: The company uses HG Insight to import prospect information into Salesforce and the recruiters are required to make 80+ phone calls per day and send 300 emails per day in their designated territory. Next, you'll track those calls and emails to see who has opened those emails and then call them; you can easily make 400 calls per day. After you've completely irritated all the clients in the area, your job is to find some way to close a staffing deal over the phone; never having met the client face-to-face and never determining the needs of the client. You'll post 5 job ads per day and import those candidates into Salesforce. Many of the requisitions listed on job boards and on the FRG website are dead requisitions, meaning that those jobs really isn't available. A candidate applies and now you have their contact information to hammer those people as candidates and as prospective clients. You're required to upload all your contacts into Salesforce as part of your daily KPI metrics. WORK-LIFE BALANCE: Because they're a British-owned company, you'll never be given the opportunity to work from home, thanks to GDPR privacy laws. BUT...if you're in the boy's club, you can work from anywhere. Also, you can't access your email outside the office, which requires you to be in the office to respond to those 300+ emails you sent that morning. FULL DESK, HALF-CYCLE RECRUITMENT: You will be doing the recruiting and the business development, but you don't make the hiring decision. Recruiters, if they legitimately own the account, makes the hiring decision. You don't at FRG. Why would anyone run a full desk to cut their commission to this company? If you're developing the business and you're recruiting on your own accounts, you might as well take out a line of credit or payroll funding to fund your own payroll, unless you're doing direct hires only. LONG HOURS: Speaking of being in the office, this company requires you to work excruciatingly extended hours, under the guise of being able to keep you there because you're a salaried employee. Eventually, someone will sue them and have all 2000+ employees reclassified as hourly workers. Salary means that some weeks you work 35 hours and other weeks you might work 50 hours, but it balances out. You will ALWAYS work more than 40 hours at FRG. PAY & COMMISSION: Absolute Garbage. You will be living paycheck-to-paycheck while you hire tech talent making $135,000 - $300,000 per year. Good luck countering FRG's offer. MEETINGS: Garbage. Morning meetings, afternoon meetings, nightly meetings; meeting to go over call logs, meeting to go over KPIs, meeting to discuss the next meeting, meeting to see how many accounts you're going to sell that week, meeting, meeting, meeting. Oh, did you make 100 calls today between all these meetings and did you screen 10 candidates today? One candidate screening takes a minimum of 20 minutes. Well, time for the next meeting. Did I get those dead requisitions posted? I guess I'll do that after this meeting. TRAINING: Garbage. You learn how to spam candidates and clients. You basically bombard them with emails and calls until they tell you to stop calling them, at which time you still call them because they didn't go through the proper GDPR protocols to have their information removed from Salesforce. CAREER OUTLOOK: Not good. I don't think Frank Recruitment Group knows the reputation they have. After leaving the company and disseminating my resume to prospective employers, they laughed at FRG and wanted to know why I made the mistake of working there. I was very embarrassed, but I understood what they meant. Many of the recruiters that work for FRG have never worked for other recruitment agencies, so they don't know anything else besides the FRG way of spamming the market. BRANDING & TERRITORY: FRG has over 2000 recruiters worldwide under different "brands". Your biggest competition will be those 2000 recruiters that are selling different technologies in your market. Under the umbrella of Frank Recruitment Group, there's Anderson Frank, Mason Frank, Nigel Frank, Washington Frank, FRG Technology, Nelson Frank, and Jefferson Frank. Each "brand" sells a different Technology. Nigel Frank sells Microsoft Azure talent, Jefferson Frank sells AWS talent, etc. They assign you a brand in an attempt to prevent you from cross-selling other technologies and receiving commission on those sales. ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT & OWNERSHIP: Here's the kicker. You never really own an account at Frank Recruitment Group and you'll never be given accounts to manage. Remember, HG Insights imports client data into Salesforce. Your job is to build on what HG Insights deposited into Salesforce. You're required to upload 5 brand new contacts into Salesforce per day, despite what HG Insights has already uploaded; you're building an organization chart. FRG owns the account. Keep in mind there are other "brands" under the umbrella of FRG that can also sell their technologies to the account that you closed. So, after you've built a relationship with the client and they're ready to buy, here comes a recruiter in England or Germany or New York or Tampa, hammering your client for their business also. Like I said, your biggest competition will be other recruiters in the company. NON-COMPETE & LEAVING FRG: A non-compete clause must have a time limit and a territory, generally up to 2 years and 100 miles of your designated sales territory. A word to the wise, FRG's non-compete has none of those stipulations. Their non-compete attempts to eradicate you from the staffing industry altogether. No judge will uphold their non-compete. TPG CAPITAL: Frank Recruitment Group was in so much debt that TPG Capital came in the purchase the debts of the company. If TPG Capital divests itself of this company, they would be much better off.

Continue reading

"Unprofessional Culture, Poor Work/Life Balance"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

-First Friday & Lunch Club The First Friday of every month, FRG plans an event outside of the workday for employees to go over the highlights of the prior month and spend some time together! Lunch Club is similar but employees must earn their spot in Lunch Club every month based on KPIs. These events are usually happy hours and very fun! -Management There are some great managers in the office who really care about your success. -Denver office space The Denver office is in a great location downtown. Very beautiful office space with great views. The Denver office is also in a WeWork space which can be beneficial for breaking away for a quick break to grab some cold brew from the tap!

Cons

-Upward mobility FRG really promotes the opportunities for upward mobility within the company during the interview process. Throughout my time at this company, I did not see these opportunities come to light very often. It is much harder to be promoted at FRG than they advertise. I was also disappointed on multiple occasions because FRG hired VP and Manager level employees from the outside who were then learning the basics of the company with the new training classes which I think is a red flag due to how much they promote hiring from within. Outside hires (especially in higher-up positions) happened frequently at FRG. -Work/Life Balance FRG has the absolute poorest work/life balance for their employees. Yes, technically, the day ends at 5:30 however employees of all qualification levels are expected (unspoken most times) to stay later. And this isn't just staying late once or twice a week, this is staying late 3-4 times/week until as late as 7pm or 8pm. I also should mention that it is awfully hard to get approved for overtime at FRG. -Unprofessional FRG can be quite unprofessional at times. A few key areas that stuck with me are in both how they treat their clients/candidates as well as flaws in their culture. To keep it brief, FRG encourages their employees to over-dial both clients and candidates. There are so many instances where multiple FRG employees are blowing up the phones of clients/candidates which often times makes them unhappy, yet FRG still encourages it across teams. FRG culture is always changing drastically but its never been consistently that great. Whenever new hiring classes start, FRG will encourage the culture as fun and uplifting but there are many flaws in their culture (Very misogynistic, interesting relationships between employees, and again, terrible work/life balance). -High Turnover Rate The turnover rate at FRG is bad. In my experience, there have been entire hiring classes that are no longer with the company less than 6 months after being hired. I think this is due to the reasons listed above as well as the low base salary.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 96 English Reviews