Freddie Mac Information Security Associate Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Freddie Mac Information Security Associate Reviews

Updated May 7, 2015

Found 4 reviews

3.9
Freddie Mac CEO David Brickman (no image)
David Brickman
  1. "different"

Information Security Associate in McLean, VA

I worked at Freddie Mac for more than 3 years

Pros

The work life balance was good

Cons

Constant changing management Information security was extremely scrutinized. Never recognized for what was right, but always for what was wrong. The business side got awards for turning in reports on time, whereas the IT or Info Sec Teams hardly ever got recognized for anything good. Raises are few and way too far between depending on the team you work for.

Advice to Management

Keep it more stable. Instability in upper management is a big reason why retention rates are absolutely terrible among newcomers

Freddie Mac2015-05-08

"Great place to work at IF you land with the right team"

Former Employee - Information Security Associate in McLean, VA

I worked at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked with Freddie from my junior year in college. - If you land with the right team, its is the best - Good work life balance (there can be some OT, but there is also good amount of down time

Cons

- No more IT rotational program - Management never brings in fresh ideas or faces, they always recycle - Young employees are not being given enough opportunities to grow/move within the company

Advice to Management

The company is in a limbo. If you do not want to loose people left and right you really really really need to promote the younger people from within. There are a BUNCH of smart young people at freddie, however the lack of opportunity to move up is very disheartening. Ultimately, that is what made me leave.

Freddie Mac2015-03-12
  3. "Great place to have hands on experience with technology tools/applications"

Former Employee - Information Security Associate in McLean, VA

I worked at Freddie Mac full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a great place to work if you have a technology background. This was my first job out of college and I was exposed to a number of high dollar price applications/tools. They have a great technology rotational program that literally lets you choose 3 different areas of the company you would like to try out before you get positioned full-time. I did business analyst, security analyst, and application support. If... your new to corporate world, this place gives you ample opportunity to learn what areas most interest you.

Cons

At the end of the year and a half rotational program, you continue to have the same salary you started with. This is part of the reason why I left, because after a year and a half, you'd expect to get somewhat of a salary increase. Another thing would be the politics. Things have to go through a turtle like approval system. Seems like nothing get done fast enough.

Advice to Management

Give a salary increase after your rotational programs. That was the only reason I started looking for another job, I have a year and a half of experience and any other company is willing to give me anywhere from 5-10% increase on what I was making.

Freddie Mac2014-10-09

"Great place to start or end your career. Not a good place to grow and learn."

Information Security Associate in McLean, VA

I worked at Freddie Mac

Pros

College Hire rotation program is one of the most attractive things about the company. College hires get to learn a lot in 18 months. Good benefits and decent pay at the leadership and executive levels. Fun outdoor sports leagues, great campus, fitness center and Cafe!

Cons

Lower level employees do not get raises or bonuses. Old, out of date technology and inefficient processes. Company was the best place too work before the 2008 mortgage crisis. Too much government like control now.

Advice to Management

To keep goo talent, you must stay current with the market for compensation and technology. Upper level management needs to spread the wealth. Be open to new ideas from lower level employees.

Freddie Mac2012-02-15