Freddie Mac Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Freddie Mac Manager Reviews

Updated Aug 13, 2019

Found 88 reviews

3.8
Freddie Mac CEO David Brickman (no image)
David Brickman
  1. "Wonderful experience"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Benefits and work-life balance. Location easy to travel to.

Cons

Working at the corporate office provides better company advancement

Freddie Mac2019-08-13

August 20, 2019HR Communications

Thank you for sharing your great experience with us. We appreciate you highlighting our focus on work-life balance and our comprehensive benefits as the total well-being of our employees is a priority for us.

"If you want to move or advance it’s difficult."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Upper Marlboro, MD

I worked at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible, incentives, work is challenging.

Cons

Hard to move or explore other opportunities. Applying to other positions is supposed to be confidential but that’s not the case at all.

Advice to Management

Allow your team to explore other opportunities. It will help with retention and the knowledge won’t go out the door.

Freddie Mac2019-07-06

July 25, 2019HR Communications

Thank you for your review. We work hard to provide our employees more in return and appreciate your feedback on ways we can improve. We wish you luck in your next endeavor.

3. "Great"

Current Freelancer - Manager

I have been working at Freddie Mac

Pros

Great people, great work, great pay.

Cons

No coffee machine in the office

Freddie Mac2019-04-29
  4. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone is very professional and the work we do is beneficial to the community

Cons

Small business presence in the area

Advice to Management

Increase the staff in the DFW area

Freddie Mac2019-04-05

April 17, 2019Content Strategist

Thank you for your review. We're proud of the team and culture at Freddie Mac—thank you for being part of it.

"Good place to begin a career in RE Finance. But plan to change in 2-4 years."

Former Employee - Senior Asset Manager in McLean, VA

I worked at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits and exposure to other companies in the commercial lending sector

Cons

Very open space plan makes concentrating difficult

Freddie Mac2019-02-24

March 18, 2019Talent Community Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Be sure to check out the private rooms and huddle areas throughout our campus. Our goal is to provide our employees with the right environment to succeed.

6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours, great salary, amazing benefits, people that care, overall great environment to work in.

Cons

Communication can be difficult, there are lots of meetings, finding answers to complex issues can be challenging

Freddie Mac2019-02-26

March 18, 2019Talent Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We're proud of the team and culture at this company—thank you for being part of it.

"Best Place I have worked, but there is room for imrpovement with telework culture"

Current Employee - Communications Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working at this company. They really value their employees. I find the pay competitive, and there are great benefits such as an onsite doctor, gym, and a five star cafeteria. I find my work interesting, and I have ample opportunity for training and learning.

Cons

As a working mom, I need a company to have a flexible, telework- friendly work environment. On paper, Freddie Mac has this, but the culture and technology does not support it. Most senior leadership do not have a polycon system in their offices to support conference calls, which would allow remote employees to better participate in meetings. What's worse is that most conference rooms do not have polycons or even... telephones at all. Many times, we have to use our cell phones and pass them around so who ever is speaking in the room can be heard by remote participants. This is just not in line with other consulting, financial, and technology companies in the area and is a big downside to recruiting staff, especially women. Another example of the culture is that, in most cases, I have to request the addition of a conference line to meetings. The expectation is that you be there, in person. The other thing I wish senior leadership would listen to is that their student loan repayment program is not working. It sends payments directly to your loan holder, at random and different days every month. Therefore our student loan repayment benefit is going directly to the banks (applied towards interest) and not towards the principal of our loans. It is very frustrating. Finally, they need to increase vacation days and maternity leave days. They aren't keeping up with the times.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the times and change your flex work/telework culture to be more appealing to working mothers...and working parents. Start a campaign to get senior management on board. Behavior and attitudes need to be changes.

Freddie Mac2019-02-07

March 18, 2019Talent Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience. We strive to provide an environment that helps working parents succeed. Total well-being is a major priority for us and we encourage you to speak with your manager if you have identified areas where we could improve.

"Very little opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very good work life balance.

Cons

Next to impossible to grow your career. Very flat structure. I've applied for over 30 positions in the past 2 years and no interviews. Managers know who they want to hire before the position is posted.

Advice to Management

Pay better. Fannie Mae is beating you on pay and benefits and bonuses. In the current low unemployment rate environment, raise pay. But this time don't raise the pay for everyone below $100k. It was insulting to those of us who make over $100k that they got raises and we did not and we were doing our job just like they were.

Freddie Mac2018-09-27

October 30, 2018Talent Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We read all our reviews and take them seriously. We're glad to hear you're benefiting from our focus on work-life balance. If you feel that you have been overlooked for an opportunity, please work with your manager to ...

9. "A great place"

Current Employee - Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People are committed to the mission, even in conservatorship, and everyone seems to take pride in their work.

Cons

Conservatorship means that you lack some of the perks that you have at other independently-run financial institutions, a d more regulation to deal with.

Advice to Management

Stay the course.

Freddie Mac2018-09-20

October 3, 2018Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your review and for your service to Freddie Mac. We’re working hard on building a better Freddie Mac and reviews like these show us it’s working.

10. "Good place to start for career"

Current Employee - Manager in Mc Lean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Culture is changing and getting better rapidly since Don Layton became CEO Company started analyst program that hire directly out of college, very good opportunities for fresh college graduates Plenty of internal opportunities and steady career advancement for young professionals Very diverse, people from all sort of background and ethnicity Value family, working here make you want to have a family and raise kids... because people are really considerate and always accommodate you for family/school/kid stuff

Cons

I understand we are in conservatorship but I feel he pat could get more competitive Traffic is horrible at 5, why can’t someone talk to the county about it

Advice to Management

Take us private!

Freddie Mac2018-08-27

September 12, 2018Talent Community Manager

We’re working hard on building a better Freddie Mac and reviews like these show us it’s working. We're proud of the work being done by our senior leaders at the company. We also think it's important to offer opportunities for our employees to improve the depth and breadth of their ...

Found 88 reviews