Freddie Mac Reviews

David Brickman
  1. "Great benefits"

Current Employee - Senior Developer

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time

Pros

Good environment and good compensation

Cons

Legacy system and old technology stack

April 21, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for your review. We’re proud to offer industry-leading benefits to support employees’ total well-being, so we appreciate you mentioning our competitive compensation and positive, inclusive environment. Thanks for being a part of our team.

"Freddie review"

Current Employee - Development Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time

Pros

Competitive pay and flexible work life balance

Cons

Some of the processes needs improvements

April 21, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We’re glad that you mentioned our competitive compensation and commitment to well-being as we pride ourselves in offering industry-leading benefits. We encourage you to reach out to your manager with your ideas for process improvements. Thank you for your continued contributions.

"Senior Solutions Architect"

Former Employee - Solutions Architect Tech Lead Senior in McLean, VA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good work life balance in Freddie

Cons

not much visibility in to directions within teams

April 21, 2020HR Communications

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. Thank you for highlighting our commitment to our employees’ total well-being, which is a priority for us. We wish you the best in the future.

"Not too great"

Former Employee - QA Automation Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Freddie Mac full-time

Pros

Has a great working environment, people are great over there!

Cons

Managers or anyone on top makes themselves really isolated than the workers

March 24, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for your review. We’re proud of our inclusive, welcoming environment and are glad you enjoyed working with the outstanding team at Freddie Mac. We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best in your next endeavor.

"Good Place to work, but still has corporate America tendencies"

Current Employee - Project Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Pay, Benefits, and time off. 401K is very competitive and there's an additional deposit once a year. There are plenty of other perks to working at FreddieMac such as child/elder care expenses and commuter benefits. The work is well distributed among team members for the most part

Cons

work life balance is rough, many folks are sending emails at 3 or 4 AM. Company politics is alive and well and management can be slow to accept change from the bottom up.

Continue reading

March 3, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for your review. We’re proud of our comprehensive benefits and are glad to hear you’re taking advantage of our child/elder care support and commuter assistance. It’s our goal to ensure all facets of our culture support employee well-being. Feedback like this allows us to keep improving, so thank you. We’re lucky to have you on our team.

6. "Modern Delivery"

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time

Pros

Modern Delivery, Nice Organization, nice Benefits

Cons

Mindset, culture, technology, mgmt

March 24, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you highlighting our benefits package and digital transformation, known as Modern Delivery. Both are key initiatives we are proud of at Freddie Mac. Thank you again for your review and for your continued support of our important mission.

"Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Applications Support Analyst in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great place to learn new technologies Good benefits Competitive salary Great work environment and facilities Management keeps workforce well informed

Cons

Can be a little bureaucratic but getting better m

March 10, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for highlighting our positive work environment, industry-leading benefits and the opportunities for growth here. We appreciate your taking the time to provide us with feedback and are grateful for your years of service to Freddie Mac.

8. "Product Manager"

5.0
    Current Employee - Product Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits and colleagues. Very collegial. Fair compensation and excellent opportunities for professional growth!

Cons

Lot of bureaucracy. Firm has a hard time terminating poor performers.

Continue reading

March 3, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for your feedback. We are fully focused on supporting employees’ total well-being, so we’re glad that you mentioned our compensation and benefits, our inclusive culture and the many opportunities for growth here. We appreciate your feedback on ways to improve. Thank you for your continued contributions.

9. "Good Work Life Balance"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good work life balance if you manage it. Flexible work available.

Cons

Adapting "modern delivery" which seems to be moving away from flexible work arrangements, at least for some period of time.

March 3, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for highlighting our flexible work arrangements. We know that a positive work environment is key to employees’ total well-being, and it’s our priority to ensure our technology supports workforce efficiency and flexibility. Thank you for your continued contributions and for your support of our important mission.

10. "Great place to work"

4.0

I worked at Freddie Mac full-time for less than a year

Pros

People around are nice and one of the best places to work

Cons

.... ....... ... .... .. .. ..

February 25, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for your review. We're proud of our inclusive culture and are glad to hear that you've experienced it first-hand. We wish you the best in your next endeavor.

Found 968 reviews