Freddie Mac "conservatorship" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Freddie Mac Employee Reviews about "conservatorship"

Updated Jul 17, 2019

Found 881 reviews

3.7
Freddie Mac CEO Donald H. Layton
Donald H. Layton
Pros
  • "Freddie Mac sets a work-life balance with inclusive engagement(in 198 reviews)

• "Great benefits; great work/life balance; great management(in 71 reviews)

Reviews about "conservatorship"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good Employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and Work life balance

Cons

Heavily regulated by government and is in conservatorship.

Freddie Mac2019-01-09

February 6, 2019Talent Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We work hard to provide our employees more in return, and that includes competitive compensation and total well-being offerings.

2. "Finance analyst"

I have been working at Freddie Mac

Pros

Work life balance, opportunities to rotate within the company

Cons

Not central area, currently under conservatorship

Freddie Mac2018-10-18

November 20, 2018Talent Community Manager

We are glad that you are experiencing our commitment to work-life balance first hand. We also think it’s important to offer opportunities for our employees to improve the depth and breadth of their experience – so thank you for pointing out that we offer the opportunity to grow. We ...

• "Great People/Company"

Current Employee - Multifamily Senior Analyst in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than a year

Pros

-You have the ability to learn A LOT. Both within the day-to-day and utilizing courses provided to the company -Upward mobility potential -Most people are smart and eager to better the company -Structured analyst program -Driven and innovative leadership that cares about employees -Work/Life balance (yet people work hard when needed)

Cons

-Conservatorship can sometimes hinder business potential and change -Sometimes it feels exposure to other departments/teams is limited

Advice to Management

-Continue to focus on talent and talent development. Push/get creative to retain talent to compete with perks at other (private) companies in the industry

Freddie Mac2018-09-25

October 30, 2018Talent Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad to hear that you are finding the opportunity to grow as this is an important focus for us at Freddie Mac. We appreciate your review.

• "A great place"

Current Employee - Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People are committed to the mission, even in conservatorship, and everyone seems to take pride in their work.

Cons

Conservatorship means that you lack some of the perks that you have at other independently-run financial institutions, a d more regulation to deal with.

Advice to Management

Stay the course.

Freddie Mac2018-09-20

October 3, 2018Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your review and for your service to Freddie Mac. We’re working hard on building a better Freddie Mac and reviews like these show us it’s working.

• "Good place to start for career"

Current Employee - Manager in Mc Lean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Culture is changing and getting better rapidly since Don Layton became CEO Company started analyst program that hire directly out of college, very good opportunities for fresh college graduates Plenty of internal opportunities and steady career advancement for young professionals Very diverse, people from all sort of background and ethnicity Value family, working here make you want to have a family and raise kids because...

Cons

I understand we are in conservatorship but I feel he pat could get more competitive Traffic is horrible at 5, why can’t someone talk to the county about it

Advice to Management

Take us private!

Freddie Mac2018-08-27

September 12, 2018Talent Community Manager

We’re working hard on building a better Freddie Mac and reviews like these show us it’s working. We're proud of the work being done by our senior leaders at the company. We also think it's important to offer opportunities for our employees to improve the depth and breadth of their ...

"Senior Collateral Risk Policy"

Current Employee - Senior Collateral Risk Policy in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits and family friendly flexibility

Cons

Currently under conservatorship which limits bonuses and stocks are in limbo. The focus on diversity seems to supersede the focus on talent.

Freddie Mac2018-03-13
    • "Excellent Place to Work"

I worked at Freddie Mac full-time

Pros

Great place to work and move up if you do your job well.

Cons

Little bit of a culture change after conservatorship made it not as fun to work there.

Freddie Mac2017-10-03

"Complicated machine."

Former Employee - Senior Enterprise Architect in McLean, VA

I worked at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good compensation and benefits ( e.g. Fitnesse studio on premise). A bunch of different job duties available and challenging tasks. Very diverse workforce.

Cons

Overhead oft administrative activities. Hard to accomplish something, even for tiny things a lot of regulations. Only a few raises are possibe, because Positions have boundaries. Company is under conservatorship which limits the number of promotions.

Advice to Management

Consider what Steve Job said: “it doesn’t make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do."

Freddie Mac2017-09-23
    • "Real estate analyst"

Current Employee - Real Estate Analyst in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time

Pros

People are great to work with in my experience. Responsibility and autonomy from the first day. Benefits are awesome (401k matching is unbeatable, health, dental, vision, life insurance, on site wellness center, tuition assistance, student loan assistance, on site gym, on site bball court, cafeteria with subsidized food, etc.) Dealing with a lot of money (millions and billions) right out of college. Fun culture.

Cons

Red tape can be annoying. Uncertain future under conservatorship Strict restrictions on which stocks employees can and cannot invest in. Small raises. Commute can be long if you don't live in Tyson. Your experience really depends on the group you're in. MF is great!

Freddie Mac2017-08-31
    • "Generally a good place"

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Most of your colleagues care about your success - Lots of emphasis around professional growth and development - A good mix of veteran employees and new hires - Great benefits, especially for those recently out of college - Excellent work-life balance

Cons

- GSE in conservatorship, so many of the frills seen at other financial services companies are non existent - Metro access, but nearest metro stop is almost a mile away

Freddie Mac2017-03-06