Freddie Mac Employee Reviews about "conservatorship"

Updated 22 May 2020

3.9
Freddie Mac CEO David Brickman
David Brickman
Pros
Cons
  • "I think once we exit conservatorship, these things will change(in 52 reviews)

• "Some folks in senior management are REALLY (x2) bad and that affects the culture of the division(in 33 reviews)

Reviews about "conservatorship"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great work life balance"

Current Employee - Director in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great work life balance, and work contributes to providing affordability/stability to housing market.

Cons

Company is presently under conservatorship, future uncertain.

May 29, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for your feedback and for highlighting our flexible work arrangements and important housing mission. We’re proud of the team at Freddie Mac, and we’re continuously working to ensure that our business remains strong, stable and well-positioned for the future. Thank you again for your review and for your years of service to Freddie Mac.

2. "Great Place to Be"

Current Employee - Operations Associate

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team structure. Very detailed oriented and smart people work here. The managers have a laid back management style, and are great to work with. Awesome benefits. Amazing corporate culture.

Cons

Since Freddie is a big company, there are certain procedures that are a little too corporate. I think once we exit conservatorship, these things will change.

May 7, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for review and for mentioning our leadership, benefits and culture. Making sure our leadership is at their best is a top priority and an important part of providing a positive, inclusive environment for our employees. We appreciate your feedback and your continued support of our important mission.

3. "Solid company and good people. Politics exist and it is key to have a good manager, like every other company."

Current Employee - PM Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people. Can become very comfortable. Solid CEO. Pockets of innovation exist.

Cons

New regulator seems to be making exiting conservatorship the top priority (aka be smaller/fewer employees, voluntary early retirement program) and reducing the focus on the mission/affordable housing/competition (aka have a smaller portion of the market, serve as a backstop to the market only, don't do any non-vanilla products and activities --> don't innovative or try to keep up with competitors/the market). Bureaucracy exists quite a bit on certain teams, given conservatorship / heavy involvement by regulator.

February 11, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for your review. We take all feedback seriously and appreciate you taking the time to provide it.

"Ok company to work if you just need a job"

2.0
    Former Employee - Functional Analyst in McLean, VA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Freddie Mac full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits.. 15 days vacation from day one.. Nice facilities - Gym, cafeteria.. Early release on important holidays, all summer early release on Fridays

Cons

1. Below market standard pay. 2. Older folks not receptive to change and strong office politics. 3. Desk space have shrinked over time with no personal space at all. 4. Lot of confusion and re-structuring due to conservatorship decision

December 10, 2019HR Communications

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for mentioning our vacation time and the many amenities on our campus. We’re proud of our comprehensive benefits package at Freddie Mac, and we’re working hard to ensure our culture, workspace and organizational structure are modern, competitive and well-positioned for the company’s future. Again, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and wish you the best of luck.

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Associate Director in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Company has been undergoing a cultural shift and technological modernization. - Leadership is streamlining processes. - Coming out of conservatorship will force a drive to be more competitive - Benefits are very good

Cons

- Opportunities to move up are rare - Coming out of conservatorship will present challenges

September 19, 2019HR Communications

Thank you for your review and letting us know that we’re on the right track. We’re continuously working to build a better Freddie Mac and reviews like these show us it’s working. If you're looking to advance, we encourage you to explore the comprehensive mix of online and in-person learning opportunities at Freddie Mac and speak with your manager about the next step in your career journey.

6. "Great company"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time

Pros

Mission, colleagues, leadership, benefits, culture

Cons

Uncertainty with conservatorship, but it will work out

September 10, 2019HR Communications

Thank you for sharing your great experience with us. We're proud of the team and inclusive culture at this company—thank you for being part of it.

7. "Good Employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and Work life balance

Cons

Heavily regulated by government and is in conservatorship.

February 6, 2019Talent Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We work hard to provide our employees more in return, and that includes competitive compensation and total well-being offerings.

8. "Finance analyst"

I have been working at Freddie Mac

Pros

Work life balance, opportunities to rotate within the company

Cons

Not central area, currently under conservatorship

November 20, 2018Talent Community Manager

We are glad that you are experiencing our commitment to work-life balance first hand. We also think it’s important to offer opportunities for our employees to improve the depth and breadth of their experience – so thank you for pointing out that we offer the opportunity to grow. We appreciate your feedback.

9. "Great People/Company"

Current Employee - Multifamily Senior Analyst in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than a year

Pros

-You have the ability to learn A LOT. Both within the day-to-day and utilizing courses provided to the company -Upward mobility potential -Most people are smart and eager to better the company -Structured analyst program -Driven and innovative leadership that cares about employees -Work/Life balance (yet people work hard when needed)

Cons

-Conservatorship can sometimes hinder business potential and change -Sometimes it feels exposure to other departments/teams is limited

October 30, 2018Talent Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad to hear that you are finding the opportunity to grow as this is an important focus for us at Freddie Mac. We appreciate your review.

10. "A great place"

Current Employee - Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People are committed to the mission, even in conservatorship, and everyone seems to take pride in their work.

Cons

Conservatorship means that you lack some of the perks that you have at other independently-run financial institutions, a d more regulation to deal with.

October 3, 2018Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your review and for your service to Freddie Mac. We’re working hard on building a better Freddie Mac and reviews like these show us it’s working.

Found 52 reviews