Freddie Mac "great benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Freddie Mac Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Sep 16, 2019

Found 896 reviews

3.7
Freddie Mac CEO David Brickman (no image)
David Brickman
Pros
  • "Freddie Mac sets a work-life balance with inclusive engagement(in 198 reviews)

• "Great benefits; great work/life balance; great management(in 71 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent culture, great benefits, awesome management, and amazing work life balance.

Cons

Career growth is a little slow in the regional office, but the support from the McLean office is great.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The company has great people and an excellent culture.

Freddie Mac2019-06-20

July 3, 2019HR Communications

Thank you for your positive feedback. We appreciate hearing from current employees who are taking advantage of our customizable total well-being offerings as giving employees more in return is a priority for us. If you're looking to advance, we encourage you to explore the comprehensive ...

2. "Great benefits, okay pay, relaxing work environment"

Current Employee - Data Analytics Professional in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits (Vacation, 6% 401k match), relaxing work environment, incredible work life balance and schedule flexibility

Cons

Pay is not great compared to the area

Freddie Mac2019-04-23

May 14, 2019Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your review. We enjoy hearing feedback like this, especially when it comes to our customizable total well-being offerings. Our employees’ well-being is a priority for us.

3. "Best company to work for!"

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits. Student Loan Repayment

Cons

More professional development within company

Freddie Mac2019-03-22

April 6, 2019Content Strategist

Thank you for sharing your great experience with us. We love hearing that employees are utilizing our student loan repayment benefit. If you're looking to advance, we encourage you to take advantage of the many learning opportunities at Freddie Mac and speak with your manager about ...

"First Professional Job and Left after 1 Year"

Former Employee - IT Generalist

I worked at Freddie Mac full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits. Lots of online training for new employees.

Cons

Need to improve technology in order to reduce long working hours. Hired too many consultants because some managers & directors are not as competent. Really bad experience. Almost all the other analysts are looking or leaving. Management was controlled by outside contracting firms. Really really weird culture. I could go for weeks with little to do and then get slammed with a last minute fire... drill to do powerpoints for some LOE that was needed last week. Lots of mind numbing tasks and the assignments made no sense. Feast or famine, seemed like no one was managing the department.

Advice to Management

Find out why every director and project manager have a chief of staff.

Freddie Mac2019-03-27

April 17, 2019Content Strategist

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback and are sorry to hear about your experience. We read all reviews and take the comments seriously.

"Pretty great company except for the technology"

Former Employee - Production Analyst

I worked at Freddie Mac full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits; great work/life balance; great management

Cons

Insufficient training; technology seems like its from the 80s - made it very difficult and tedious to do my job

Freddie Mac2019-02-15

March 18, 2019Talent Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Based on employee feedback, our IT division has many exciting updates planned for 2019. Additionally, we encourage employees to take advantage of our more than 1,000 learning and development opportunities as well as benefits ...

"Best Place I have worked, but there is room for imrpovement with telework culture"

Current Employee - Communications Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working at this company. They really value their employees. I find the pay competitive, and there are great benefits such as an onsite doctor, gym, and a five star cafeteria. I find my work interesting, and I have ample opportunity for training and learning.

Cons

As a working mom, I need a company to have a flexible, telework- friendly work environment. On paper, Freddie Mac has this, but the culture and technology does not support it. Most senior leadership do not have a polycon system in their offices to support conference calls, which would allow remote employees to better participate in meetings. What's worse is that most conference rooms do not have polycons or even... telephones at all. Many times, we have to use our cell phones and pass them around so who ever is speaking in the room can be heard by remote participants. This is just not in line with other consulting, financial, and technology companies in the area and is a big downside to recruiting staff, especially women. Another example of the culture is that, in most cases, I have to request the addition of a conference line to meetings. The expectation is that you be there, in person. The other thing I wish senior leadership would listen to is that their student loan repayment program is not working. It sends payments directly to your loan holder, at random and different days every month. Therefore our student loan repayment benefit is going directly to the banks (applied towards interest) and not towards the principal of our loans. It is very frustrating. Finally, they need to increase vacation days and maternity leave days. They aren't keeping up with the times.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the times and change your flex work/telework culture to be more appealing to working mothers...and working parents. Start a campaign to get senior management on board. Behavior and attitudes need to be changes.

Freddie Mac2019-02-07

March 18, 2019Talent Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience. We strive to provide an environment that helps working parents succeed. Total well-being is a major priority for us and we encourage you to speak with your manager if you have identified areas where we could improve.

7. "Good Employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and Work life balance

Cons

Heavily regulated by government and is in conservatorship.

Freddie Mac2019-01-09

February 6, 2019Talent Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We work hard to provide our employees more in return, and that includes competitive compensation and total well-being offerings.

8. "Great company to work for if you have an interest in the Morgage industry."

Former Employee - Loan Processor in McLean, VA

I worked at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits Great employee relations and awards Excellent Cafeteria Training opportunities

Cons

Yearly performance review Can be boring

Freddie Mac2018-12-17

January 15, 2019Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves in offering industry-leading benefits and believe that our employees excel when they are given the tools to succeed and the opportunity to grow professionally. We wish you success in your next role.

9. "Risk and Control Prof."

Current Employee - Risk and Controls Professional in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits and Work/Life Balance

Cons

Lack of motivation and ambition

Freddie Mac2018-08-23

September 12, 2018Talent Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate hearing from current employees and are glad you're taking advantage of our benefits and focus on work-life balance.

"Associate"

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, laid-back culture, nice people, looks good on resume.

Cons

Growth prospects are upward sticky and preference is given to older, "grandfathered" employees. The company is overly bureaucratic and stunts younger generational employees from advancing.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the people are accomplishing the company's goals.

Freddie Mac2018-08-29

September 12, 2018Talent Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We work hard to provide our employees more in return, including competitive compensation and benefits. We encourage all employees to work with their manager to identify new opportunities for advancement.

Found 896 reviews