Freddie Mac Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 25 Jun 2020

3.9
Freddie Mac CEO David Brickman
David Brickman
Pros
Cons
  • "I think once we exit conservatorship, these things will change(in 52 reviews)

• "Some folks in senior management are REALLY (x2) bad and that affects the culture of the division(in 33 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Great benefits, Not-so-good salary"

Current Employee - Multifamily Production Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing benefits (tuition reimbursement, student loan assistance, 8.5% 401k, etc.), great work/life balance, lots of opportunities to learn, moving within the company is very possible, management genuinely cares about you as a person

Cons

Salary could be much better, switching roles within the company will work against you in terms of salary, salaries are dramatically higher for the same role if you're an external hire, how the company loses talent

July 7, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for your review and for highlighting our industry-leading benefits, growth opportunities and leadership. We work hard to provide our employees with tools to help them achieve total well-being, and we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your continued contributions and for being a part of our team.

2. "Great work life balance"

Current Employee - Director in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great work life balance, and work contributes to providing affordability/stability to housing market.

Cons

Company is presently under conservatorship, future uncertain.

May 29, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for your feedback and for highlighting our flexible work arrangements and important housing mission. We’re proud of the team at Freddie Mac, and we’re continuously working to ensure that our business remains strong, stable and well-positioned for the future. Thank you again for your review and for your years of service to Freddie Mac.

"Good Pay, So-So Culture"

Former Employee - Project Manager in McLean, VA

I worked at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good pay and benefits, interesting work

Cons

IT is the tail that wags the dog. Their focus is on making sure they cannot be blamed when things go wrong, not on getting stuff done. So, if you are a business PM who has to work with IT, it can be extremely frustrating. Also, the culture at the firm overall is extremely hierarchical. That can be an issue if your project crosses multiple management chains or levels within your chain. Work/life balance was an issue for me - many late nights and weekends.

May 26, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for your review. We take all feedback seriously and appreciate you taking the time to provide it.

"Freddie Mac"

Current Employee - Professional in Mc Lean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits, Work life balance, Salary

Cons

Bureaucracy, Red tape, Corporate hierarchy

May 12, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for your review and for mentioning our comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We appreciate your feedback and your continued contributions.

5. "Good company"

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time

Pros

Benefits, flexibility, work life balance

Cons

Big Corp, politics to get promoted

April 27, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for your review. We’re glad you mentioned our comprehensive benefits package and flexible work arrangements. We believe these play a crucial role in helping our employees achieve total well-being. Thanks for being a part of our team and supporting our important mission.

"Freddie review"

Current Employee - Development Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time

Pros

Competitive pay and flexible work life balance

Cons

Some of the processes needs improvements

April 21, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We’re glad that you mentioned our competitive compensation and commitment to well-being as we pride ourselves in offering industry-leading benefits. We encourage you to reach out to your manager with your ideas for process improvements. Thank you for your continued contributions.

"Senior Solutions Architect"

Former Employee - Solutions Architect Tech Lead Senior in McLean, VA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good work life balance in Freddie

Cons

not much visibility in to directions within teams

April 21, 2020HR Communications

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. Thank you for highlighting our commitment to our employees’ total well-being, which is a priority for us. We wish you the best in the future.

"Good Place to work, but still has corporate America tendencies"

Current Employee - Project Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Pay, Benefits, and time off. 401K is very competitive and there's an additional deposit once a year. There are plenty of other perks to working at FreddieMac such as child/elder care expenses and commuter benefits. The work is well distributed among team members for the most part

Cons

work life balance is rough, many folks are sending emails at 3 or 4 AM. Company politics is alive and well and management can be slow to accept change from the bottom up.

March 3, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for your review. We’re proud of our comprehensive benefits and are glad to hear you’re taking advantage of our child/elder care support and commuter assistance. It’s our goal to ensure all facets of our culture support employee well-being. Feedback like this allows us to keep improving, so thank you. We’re lucky to have you on our team.

9. "Good Work Life Balance"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good work life balance if you manage it. Flexible work available.

Cons

Adapting "modern delivery" which seems to be moving away from flexible work arrangements, at least for some period of time.

March 3, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for highlighting our flexible work arrangements. We know that a positive work environment is key to employees’ total well-being, and it’s our priority to ensure our technology supports workforce efficiency and flexibility. Thank you for your continued contributions and for your support of our important mission.

"Nice retirement place"

Former Employee - Solutions Architect
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice work life balance here.

Cons

Not really much to learn.

March 10, 2020HR Communications

Thank you for your positive review and good luck in your next endeavor!

Found 235 reviews