G-Research Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

4.5
  1. "Security Review"

Current Employee - Security Data Scientist

I have been working at G-Research full-time

Pros

I work in security, very good work atmosphere. World class colleagues. I get to learn and develop my career enormously.

Cons

No work from home for my role.

G-Research2019-12-07
  2. "good company"

Current Employee - Quantitative Researcher in London, England

I have been working at G-Research full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people working there are great.

Cons

I can't really think of any.

Advice to Management

Expand, expand, expand, expand, expand

G-Research2019-11-12
  3. "Software engineer In big data team"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at G-Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice atmosphere and work environment

Cons

Some people can be hard to communicate with

G-Research2019-11-20
  4. "RH interview"

Current Employee - Intern data science in London, ON

I have been working at G-Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great help, great salary, smart people, on going environment

Cons

none, none , none none, nonene

G-Research2019-11-01

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in London, England

I have been working at G-Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Talented and intelligent colleagues working towards common goals. - Strong belief that ideas can come from anywhere. - Competitive total rewards packages. - Great socials (including company-paid weekends away) - Central London office locations- it's also an advantage to have everyone based in London as you can easily catch people face-to-face rather than having to rely on calls & emails.

Cons

Previously security measures did sometimes get in the way of processes but, the company is really working to improve this and the positive effects are already coming through.

G-Research2019-09-09

"One of the best places i have worked"

Current Employee - Cloud Engineer in London, England

I have been working at G-Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

Yearly trips abroad Free drinks and fruits Very good package Latest technology Casual dress Relaxed environment Very smart and talented people

Cons

Not much career progression No working from home yet

Advice to Management

Develop technical career path

G-Research2019-08-30
  7. "World-class company, world-class people"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England

I have been working at G-Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at G-Research has been like a breath of fresh air. You are surrounded by ambitious, driven and talented colleagues (some of whom are genuinely world-class experts in their field), which are contagious traits that drive you to improve. More than this, you have the resources and backing to exceed your goals and have a real impact on the company. The salaries and benefits are excellent, there are ample... development opportunities, and the scope of extracurricular activities (including the legendary company weekends away to Europe) is the envy of all my friends. Love my job!

Cons

Historically, I understand there have been some blockers related to security. These are barely noticeable now, continues to improve, and is heavily outweighed by all the other positives. Work from homes opportunities have been limited but, again, are starting to increase.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing, keep listening to employees, and keep taking proactive steps to progress the company – and G-Research will continue to be a great employer.

G-Research2019-08-08

"Too many blockers"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at G-Research full-time

Pros

Some very smart people to work with Good pay and benefits Mixed blessings: Rules limit hours in the office so engineers generally have to leave before 8pm Lack of email outside of the office means getting urgent emails that disrupt your holiday is not an issue

Cons

Very draconian constraints in the name of security make getting work done extremely hard (rubber stamping from various levels of management to make otherwise-straightfoward changes, mandatory spyware-like tools that cause performance issues on workstations and servers, purposeful knowledge siloing, ...) Lack of personal phones in the office and work-from-home options means office-hours life admin can be difficult

Advice to Management

Make empowering the people beneath you a priority and listen to them when they advise that your decisions are getting in the way of their work

G-Research2019-01-24

"Probably the best company I'll ever find"

Current Employee - Software Developer in London, England

I have been working at G-Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Incredible compensation. - Everyone here are really smart. - People get their responsibilities right. You literally never have to spend time fixing other people's stuff. You will almost never feel like you could do it better, no matter how smart you are. I've never seen any other workplace in the IT industry where this was true, and I've had a few jobs before this. - Very relaxed work environment. The work... hours are great. No unneccesary pressure for management / clients. - Well equiped office, free soft driks and fruits. - Friendly, soical, trusting company culture, lots of great events. - Great tech solutions for most of the problems. Quite nice attitude about the stuff that could be better, and very hard drive to improve them. - Literally everything about the company makes you feel highly valued, and that you are important here. - A lot of opportunities to learn from others. No matter how smart you are or what your background is, you will feel intellectually stimulated. - Very fast release cycles compared to industry average. - Great management. They really know what they are doing, make great decisions on average, have an really nice attitude about the leadership, they are great at involving the team and handling responsibilities well.

Cons

- Strong focus on security could be a problem for some (I don't mind) - Work from home is not permitted (I don't mind) - Seeing how smart your collagues are, and how much they know that you don't could be a hit to your self-esteem.

G-Research2018-10-14

"G-Research dev"

I have been working at G-Research full-time

Pros

Good code base. Company is investing a lot in tech. Excellent work life balance.

Cons

Very siloed organisation. Limited interactions with research.

G-Research2018-10-14