What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Flexibility and great people to work with" (in 873 reviews)
- "Benefits are good and easily accessible" (in 770 reviews)
- "I believe that most management at GE tries to help employees have a good work/life balance." (in 628 reviews)
- "Great culture and values." (in 485 reviews)
- "The pay is good if you are willing to put in sevens days a week all the time" (in 480 reviews)
- "But nooooo ... those who are at the bottom of the packing order pay the price of the poor management." (in 433 reviews)
- "low salary and too many pressure" (in 401 reviews)
- "Big company with alot of disfuntionalities and bad managers" (in 234 reviews)
- "Long hours and lots of tasks" (in 166 reviews)
- "Poor upper management." (in 74 reviews)
Found 375 of over 19T reviews
Updated 19 Sept 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "long hours"Return to all Reviews
- 5.026 Sept 2018Financial AnalystFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsDubai
Great compensation and career trajectory.
Very long hours and pressure.GE Response5y
Thank you for this recommendation!
- 4.08 Jul 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Tough with constant challenges, but all done in compliant manner. Great people. Able to move within company due to diverse portfolio
Potentially long hours and stress. Tough t&l policy especially for cross continental travel (this is after all a US company)
- 5.025 Jun 2021Human Resources ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsCleveland, OH
Good working relationships, good structure, good support
Long hours and sometimes stressful
- 3.09 Sept 2008Program ManagerCurrent EmployeePhiladelphia, PA
working at GE is nice because they are flexible (outside of a Corporate or high profile office). They allow for me to work days from home when necessary. GE offers a competitive benefits package.
Working at GE encompasses very long hours and not a lot of personal thanks or monetary recognition for your hard work. They will get everything out of you and ask for even more - very demanding. As a woman who has been fortunate to be promoted up several times, it still feel like it's the old Boys GE.
- 5.028 May 2014IT LeaderCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsTrevose, PA
Fast paced environment working on some of the most interesting projects with talented individuals. Very open to R&D activities and also to implementing projects based on good ideas that folks have.
Long hours and very little focus on long term incentive plans. Sometimes your voice will get lost in the crowd without senior leadership support.GE Response10y
Thank you so much for your review. We are finding that the transparent feedback we receive on Glassdoor is priceless. We appreciate your thoughts on how to make GE better. We will continue to strive to do so, in making a big company seem small on celebrating our successes (I love that advice - Thank you!)