What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Flexibility and great people to work with" (in 873 reviews)
- "Benefits are good and easily accessible" (in 770 reviews)
- "I believe that most management at GE tries to help employees have a good work/life balance." (in 628 reviews)
- "Great culture and values." (in 485 reviews)
- "The pay is good if you are willing to put in sevens days a week all the time" (in 480 reviews)
- "But nooooo ... those who are at the bottom of the packing order pay the price of the poor management." (in 433 reviews)
- "low salary and too many pressure" (in 401 reviews)
- "Big company with alot of disfuntionalities and bad managers" (in 234 reviews)
- "Long hours and lots of tasks" (in 166 reviews)
- "Poor upper management." (in 74 reviews)
Found 618 of over 19T reviews
Updated 19 Sept 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work environment"Return to all Reviews
- 4.023 Oct 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer EmployeePittsfield, MA
Work environment is Very stimulating and dynamic
Stability of employment is often tenuousGE Response8y
Thank you for your feedback. We are excited to always improve GE and comments like yours allow us to see transparent feedback.
- 5.05 Dec 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
It's a great environment filled with tremendous people that are easy to work with.
It's a 25 minute commute without traffic.GE Response5y
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!
- 3.09 Oct 2017Building Services CoordinatorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBaden
GE is a good company to work in. The environment is very comfortable and you feel continuously motivated to undergo new challenges in your daily work.
GE business objectives are very "money driven". Even this is in principle right, sometimes you have the impression that only making money counts and is important in your company.
- 2.028 Feb 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Great people who are committed to their work and will deliver results in tough environments.
It's becoming so lean that people are starting to get stretched too thin. Not a lot of transparency from upper level management regarding what's happening with the future of the company.
- 5.021 Nov 2021Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
GE is a great place to work which has a global environment and diversity culture inside
Closed some of the business in Turkey so if you aim to have a career progress in the specific departments, you need to evaluate the positions outside of Turkey.
- 4.014 Oct 2009Program ManagerCurrent EmployeeAtlanta, GA
GE Energy goes out of its way to assure a fair and equitable work environment. Like most large organizations there is a big focus on fully complying with all laws and business best practices. The company is growing opening up many opportunites for career advancement and GE does appear to work hard to develop its own workforce and promote from within.
GE Energy is an organization chasing the "Smart Grid" brass ring and is growing too quickly to be truly effective. This is a very process-oriented organization and although some of the processes improve the overall success of the programs, there are many that don't. There is too much time required for inane training - a never ending cycle of "required" courses - most of which are not related to an individual's job function.
- 4.018 Mar 2021Database Administrator (Database Administrator)Former Contractor, more than 1 yearAtlanta, GA
A good environment to work in and also very comfortable
Most employees are contractors, few full time workers in the IT department
- 4.016 Jan 2012Anonymous EmployeeFormer EmployeeLahore
They have a very friendly work environment and there is a lot of possibility to grow in such a company.
The company is too big and so, it might overlook some of the needs of its employees and those needs that would be a part of their development.