Gannett Fleming Reviews

Updated 7 Jun 2021

4.2
Gannett Fleming President and COO Robert Scaer
Robert Scaer
Pros
  • "Good experience and work environment(in 16 reviews)

• "Gannett Fleming offers a great work-life balance (job-dependent) while working with a great group of people(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Didn't seem to be much room for growth outside of the inspection field(in 4 reviews)

• "Unless you are a male engineer, there is absolutely no room for any type of advancement in this old school firm(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee
      Featured Review

Respected Design Firm

10 Mar 2021 - Structural Engineer in Fort Pierce, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

High quality colleagues, prestigious projects, large variety of work and opportunities, adapts to meet evolving client requirements

Cons

Medium size firm where branch office culture can differ from the headquarters

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company and opportunities

7 Jun 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefit, team work, good environment, challenges, interesting projects, networking, self improvement

Cons

Management, communication, pro activity, administration support, communication

3. 5.0

Excellent Company and Hiring experience

11 Feb 2021 - Project Manager in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Electronic hiring process with recruiter was simple. Company and Department staff welcomed me into the team. Now 6 months employed with GF I can say this company is great to work for and has the growth potential for all levels of staff and disciplines.

Cons

Starting a new job during a national pandemic and offices shutdown, there was some difficulty getting to know the company systems and processes. The learning process just took a bit longer than normal.

Manager, Talent Acquisition

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review and for choosing Gannett Fleming. As an AEC professional, I'm sure you had many career options. Making the switch during the pandemic likely intensified those first day butterflies we all encounter when joining a new company. Virtual hiring and onboarding certainly presented us with new challenges. We are grateful for the hard work and flexibility management, HR and IT as we made adjustments internally to address those challenges. It's encouraging to hear your feedback but we do recognize there is room for improvement and continue to evaluate our processes to make that happen.

4. 5.0

Found My Forever Home!

15 Feb 2021 - Regional Safety Manager in Camp Hill, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a place where you can enjoy your whole career! Treated like part of the family. Full of good people. There are many subject matter experts and the atmosphere is professional yet relaxed. The organization cares about the Safety and Health of its employees. You are supported in your efforts and goals. Salary is competitive. Benefits are good.

Cons

I am very pleased and can only say good things.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Supportive but without direction

27 Apr 2021 - Civil Engineer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive environment and pay for overtime and courses.

Cons

Not clear on how to grow you career and skill set other than education and PE

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good Company Bad Management

24 Feb 2021 - Marketing Proposal Manager in Old Bridge, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good compensation, excluding benefits Nice office locations strategically placed to benefit clients

Cons

No room for advancement particularly in Business Development; Hierarchal old boys club mentality all the way to the top; Dated and antiquated processes if any at all, particularly in marketing, business development and communications; Inept leadership in business development; Shut up and do attitude from management with no room for your input even with experience; Lack of leadership from BD management; Biased, one-sided and discriminatory employment practices sometimes bordering illegal employment practices throughout the entire organization; Several complaints with the Equal Employment Opportunity Board in the State of California Expensive Benefits

1 person found this review helpful

Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It's always our goal to make our employees feel valued and respected for the high quality of work they deliver every day for our clients. We are happy to hear that you appreciate Gannett Fleming's strategic office locations and our competitive compensation practices. Employee growth and development is a key focus for our firm, and we strive to provide an environment where each employee is treated fairly and given equal opportunity. Through our award-winning employee resource groups and required learning courses like unconscious bias training, Gannett Fleming is committed to building an inclusive culture. We strongly encourage any employee who feels they have been subjected to bias to reach out to their manager, Gannett Fleming's employee relations manager, and/or make an anonymous EthicsPoint report.

7. 5.0

Great Company

10 Mar 2021 - Intern in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

They were very invested in my education

Cons

It was virtual because of Covid

Manager, Talent Acquisition

At Gannett Fleming we do our very best to promote a culture of learning. As an intern or an early career professional, we recognize the value of delivering a meaningful work experience. This could come in the form of formal training and education, as well as providing hands on learning opportunities. Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your internship experience at Gannett Fleming.

8. 2.0

Get Organized

14 Apr 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

People friendly, pay is quite good.

Cons

Don't understand the process for Cdn proposals

9. 5.0

Engaging Team and Interesting Work

10 Feb 2021 - Construction Engineer in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work with a very knowledgeable team. The interview and onboarding process was very well structured, especially with the work from home situation.

Cons

Nothing really so far. The company has been great to me.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee

Old school company with outdated views

15 Mar 2021 - Business Development
      Business Outlook

Pros

You will learn a lot. Mentorship is great, but they haven’t really thought of better or new ways to make the job easier. Lots of trying to find things and doing multiple steps just to get one task done.

Cons

The work environment is def micromanaged. Not a lot of faith in their employees

Manager, Talent Acquisition

When asked, most successful people will say they had a mentor guide them through some aspect of their education or professional journey. Thank you for your positive feedback on the mentorship you experienced at Gannett Fleming. As a 100 plus year old firm, we have long relied of the commitment of managers to lead and guide the next generation. We recognize that as we grow in numbers the need to adapt our internal processes is essential to the future expansion and growth of Gannett Fleming. We are and will continue to evaluate our current structure to build efficiencies across the organization. No one enjoys being micromanaged for sure. Some managers may take a different approach than others by allowing their team members to work with some degree of autonomy, and arguably most employees would prefer this approach. With our "Freedom to Work From Home" policy, we have seen managers adapt their management style, focusing on the results instead of looking over the "virtual" shoulders of their team. Your feedback indicates we still have work to do but we are seeing incremental and what we hope will be lasting change in the mindset of those who may have had the tendency to micromanage.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 147 Reviews