Gap Seasonal Sales Associate Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Art Peck
  1. "Not the Best"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Gap part-time for less than a year

Pros

Really good discount (I think 40% off and an extra 10% off sale items). A lot of people working so it’s easy to trade shifts/ask off.

Cons

Not much training. Spent one shift learning the register then was expected to do it perfectly everytime. There’s a lot that goes into doing the register so it was stressful (online returns being the hardest aspect). Big lack of communication among managers. I would be told to do one thing, then another manager would have me stat something else, then I would get in trouble for not doing the first thing. We had earpieces...

Advice to Management

Better communication and more theotpugh training. It feels like you go in blind not knowing the procedures and policies of the store.

Gap2019-03-21

Gap Response

April 3, 2019Company Representative

We appreciate hearing your thorough and thoughtful feedback about your experience working on our team. We understand our leaders have a major impact on the experience of our employees. We utilize feedback like this as we continue to drive positive change across the company.

"Gap Review"

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Gap part-time for less than a year

Pros

People who work there are friendly. Corporate orientation is relaxed and easy-going. Working in store is easy as well. They work with your schedule.

Cons

Seasonal associate schedule is pretty random.

Advice to Management

First day training could be more organized.

Gap2018-11-14

Gap Response

November 19, 2018Company Representative

We are glad to hear you had a positive experience. We understand schedule is pain-point for some of our store employees, but we are committed to continuing to be flexible with our staffs' schedule and ensure that we are putting our time, talent and energy in the right place at the ...

"Sale associate"

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate

I have been working at Gap part-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy going, everyone is friendly, not so much pressure.

Cons

They don't give alot of hours or full 8 hour shift unless you cover for someone.

Gap2018-10-31
  4. "Seasonal Review"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate

I worked at Gap for less than a year

Pros

Very friendly and understanding management staff. They definitely value their employees.

Cons

Only con was how often I would be called in last minute but it was during the holiday season so that's likely not an all year occurrence.

Gap2018-09-12
  5. "Seasonal worker at Baby Gap"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Skokie, IL

I worked at Gap for more than a year

Pros

Nice coworkers, helpful training, eager to help me thrive

Cons

It was very difficult for me to schedule shifts. They only gave me sometimes 4 hours a week when I was promised 20

Advice to Management

Don't hire so many seasonal workers if you won't give them hours

Gap2017-09-25
  6. "Seasonal Sales Associate - Good part time job"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Gap

Pros

Great employee discount and great team environment

Cons

it's retail, comes with the territory that it can be tedious and exhausting

Gap2017-05-30

"Good job for part time work"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Silverdale, WA

I worked at Gap

Pros

Provides entry-level work for teenagers, college students, or adults looking to re-enter the work force.

Cons

No set schedule, not enough training on cash registers and computers. Managers don't seem to care for lower staff.

Advice to Management

More emphasis on taking care of employees. Good benefits. Take a cue from JetBlue.

Gap2016-11-11

"Friendly environment!"

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Peachtree City, GA

I have been working at Gap part-time for less than a year

Pros

The environment is great and the employees are so friendly! Its easy to get used to working there and getting to know your coworkers. The pay is great ($10 an hour) and you should consider working here!

Cons

Its a little disorganized at times and can get very busy.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to give the management is amazing and extremely friendly and open to new employees.

Gap2016-10-31

"previous employee perspective"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Brampton, ON

I worked at Gap part-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent customer service offered to customers on daily basis. Offers good training to new employees. Excellent environment to work in, if you have no attitude or do not develop one. Excellent team work. Watch and allows employee to adapt to work environment using your best skills (e.g I was hired as a floor seasonal associate but as soon as the manager discovers I have a cashiering skill, she welcomes and utilizes...

Cons

"MANAGERS" truthfully there are some exceptions but most managers should know your mistake doesn't define you. For example in the store i worked in, there are 3 managers; the store manager the hiring manager and the sales manager. the store manager does't listen to other managers when it's not going her way even when she is wrong.

Advice to Management

Human Resources to keep an eye on the store managers too. Because as u can see across the board, there's a lot of complain about store managers. I would advice that hiring for management position, HR should look Leadership, Honesty, Empathy/understanding, Customer Focus ability, Knowledge and ability to apply wisdom in dealing with each day under pressure.

Gap2016-10-26
  10. "Great people. Great brand."

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Gap part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The culture. Great brand to work for. Staff and management was always great to work with. Always try to stay true to their brand and customers.

Cons

Retail hours. However, if you are ok with working weekends or nights it's not a big deal. Not to mention holidays.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Gap2016-07-26