Gartner Sales Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated Dec 3, 2019

3.9
Gartner CEO Gene Hall
Gene Hall
  1. "Pay for performance."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Mumbai

I have been working at Gartner full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the best in-house academy's your entire sales career will witness, so network and make best use of it. Gartner is very verbose about it being a pure pay for performance brand. Perform or perish simple, which is with most organizations too and at least they are honest about it. Truth is; NO ONE will ever leave Gartner if they make winner circle and I have seen peers wanting to be reps for 3-4 years straight... in a row because of the propensity to earn and build your dreams. It's phenomenal the money this org throws on rewarding its performers. As a sales rep, you need to just be smart about your business and find 2 such deals to take you forward. Their events are top notch and there is otherwise a lot of support coming in from partners and execs to ensure you succeed. The company invests and gives you a free hand to run your business like a CEO; a car for meetings, a credit card, mobile bills, healthcare etc. It is also a good brand name to be associated with. On the job you will realize how much you have to read and keep updated with new tech and industries and this will make you so much more smarter and informed. The amount of information you have access to in order to build your own business acumen is foolish to let go of. You have a mentor who is aligned and lots more such stuff to ensure you succeed at sales.

Cons

Some people; field reps - totally demotivated and perpetually cribbing about their territories and their managers : why wouldnt they just leave instead? These are the people who clearly dont make money at Gartner. They even crib before some of our new hires making it worrisome. Stay away from those elements and keep razor focus on your delivery and prospecting. You are easily looking at spending 4-5 years here with... so much money that will be nearly unemployable.

Advice to Management

Address the elephant in the room. Strive hard to hire for cultural fitment for sometime so the negativity on the shopfloor eliminates.

Gartner2018-06-05
  2. "Excellent opportunities for learning"

Current Employee - Sales Account Executive in Mumbai

I have been working at Gartner full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Client market is phenomenal. They value Gartner and we make a difference

Cons

Sales leaders need to get out on field more often

Advice to Management

None

Gartner2018-02-23

"Sales operations"

Sales Support Specialist

I worked at Gartner for more than 5 years

Pros

It's one of the best company that I have worked with. Balanced work life, amazing culture.

Cons

Opportunity to grow is very limited. If you looking for growth within the organisation it's very difficult unless you have your managers support. There were no trainings to enhance your skills.

Advice to Management

Please be fair enough & treat everyone equally.

Gartner2017-04-20

"My Transformation into a Professional"

India Sales in Mumbai

I have been working at Gartner for more than a year

Pros

I have been working in this organization for more than 4 years now. I joined this organization as a Sales Executive and genuinely transformed into a Sales Professional working towards my personal goals and professional aspirations. The reason I love this organization is because of the PEOPLE around which is probably one of the best mix of personally driven and professionally ambitious individuals. The culture of... sales and the incentives offered go hand in hand where you perform and you earn as there is literally no limit to your earning potential. I have personally grown in my career w.r.t financial strength multiple folds in 4 years and I know people around me who earn 2-3 times of their CTC every year because of their performance. The work life balance and the freedom that you get here in terms of managing your territory is probably one of the reasons why people work here for a long term. An organization with clear development plan for every single employee in terms of their professional growth to ensure they continue to retain their best assets and resources which become the brand of the organization in the long term.

Cons

Gartner should definitely start branding themselves better in the social media w.r.t their world class hiring process, one of the world's best performance based earning potential, their Winners Circle and Club300 events.

Advice to Management

There can definitely be more communication trickling down directly to the Sales Executives as that probably would be the best way to recognize people and also keeping them continuously motivated.

Gartner2016-08-23
  5. "Great brand"

Current Employee - Director Sales in New Delhi

I have been working at Gartner full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good brand, Work life balance, good value for clients

Cons

competitive, poltiics, large sales cycle,

Advice to Management

all perfect

Gartner2014-11-30

"Excellent organisation and colleagues in Gartner"

Former Employee - Sales Operations Analyst in Bangalore

I worked at Gartner full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good learning experience in Gartner

Cons

Unprofessional and lack of planning by higher management

Gartner2013-11-05
  7. "Love the culture. Love working for Gartner"

Current Employee - Field Sales in Mumbai

I have been working at Gartner full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very result-recognition oriented. Awards high performance Super brand Invests on the employees Great culture - low on politics

Cons

Not the easiest environment for average/low performers and therefore ends up having "bitter leavers"

Advice to Management

Continue to keep an eye on the ground reality

Gartner2013-07-02

"Sales group needs self reflection"

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Gartner full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great culture and people overall.

Cons

Double digit growth should not compromise core values especially how employees are treated.

Advice to Management

Sales cannot be done with science alone. Need to regain balance with art.

Gartner2019-12-03
  9. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Vice President, Regional Sales Management in Boston, MA

I have been working at Gartner full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Culture - Sales Focused Company - Great people to work with - Job flexibility

Cons

- No Profit Sharing at initial leadership levels - Internal Systems

Advice to Management

Keep leading in the same manner, our recipe for consistent success has worked. Ideally leadership could have more incentives for compensation as others companies have.

Gartner2019-11-06

"Great experience for the young only"

Current Employee - Sales AE

I have been working at Gartner full-time

Pros

Interesting space to be in, lots to learn, love the tech and great analyst you get exposure to.

Cons

Team has real lack of experience on real life, 1st time managers with no training. Turn and burn culture, not best interest for clients. metrics driven, NOT people driven

Advice to Management

Invest in the culture, don't be so cheap, don't just let people be mangers because they had 2 good years. Does not mean they know how to manage. Create culture, sales meetings, POA's. People don't feel valued.

Gartner2019-11-02