Genesis Healthcare Employee Reviews about "therapists"

Updated Apr 23, 2020

Found 23 of over 1,701 reviews

2.9
Genesis Healthcare CEO Harry Wilson
Harry Wilson
Pros
  • "Good Pay and Benefits, Time Off(in 48 reviews)

• "Flexible, great technology, exciting work environment(in 39 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There was also no recognition for CNA or Nurses week by the upper management(in 92 reviews)

• "My immediate manager was great, but beyond that I felt they were out of touch with their therapists(in 78 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "therapists"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Would not recommend

Apr 23, 2020 - Speech Language Pathologist
      Business Outlook

Pros

The staff and people I met in the therapy department were awesome.

Cons

The constant need to meet so many minutes. I felt pressured to provide therapy to patients based on meeting high RUG levels rather than use my clinical judgement. My immediate manager was great, but beyond that I felt they were out of touch with their therapists. Productivity was difficult to meet. I had to share a computer and complete notes on an iPod! They pushed for completing notes with the patient present. Hours would fluctuate horribly one way and the other. I also had to travel to two different facilities 45 minutes apart without a choice in the matter. I didn't go to grad school to sit in my car half the day.

2 people found this review helpful

Genesis Healthcare Response

Marketing Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Your input is critical for Genesis to improve our operations. To report a concern, please contact our Compliance Department at Reachout@genesishcc.com so we can further investigate.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not a fan

Feb 7, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free CEUs, competitive pay, hard working therapists

Cons

This company does not seem to support therapists. They are completely profit driven at the expense of their therapist's physical and mental well-being.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Hope Genesis goes bankrupt

Nov 28, 2017 - Occupational Therapist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great residents, flexible schedule, personal iPad

Cons

terrible healthcare benefits, vacation time not granted even when requested months in advance, productivity more important than good therapy and honesty. Company promotes working off the clock and medicare fraud through pushing ultra high therapy levels and ignoring concerns about some therapists billing 75 to 80 minutes of therapy but only providing 50 to 60 minutes to reach unrealistic productivity standards. writing up therapists that are ethical and honest but less than 90% productive.

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

There are better options out there

Oct 12, 2017 - Physical Therapist
      Business Outlook

Pros

The biggest pro was the rehab staff. The other therapists in the gym were very friendly and well-qualified

Cons

The SNF setting presents challenges to therapists regardless of the company. There is nothing about Genesis that makes it stand out. Unrealistic productivity standards, unimpressive benefits, and limited PTO. If SNF is what you love, you may be able to overlook some of these major flaws.

4 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Former Employee

Occupational therapy positions in SNF

Oct 21, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Market value salary, overtime available, take new grads

Cons

No clinical support, excessive time demands on therapists, poor corporate culture

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Felt like a mouse in the machine

Sep 17, 2017 - OTR in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

coworkers but has nothing to do with company policies.

Cons

This company professes to care but that is just meaningless talk. I was there for 4 years with out a raise of even a penny for cost of living. My manager said that her hands were tied she apoligised. The benefits are like tissue they are just for show. The cost went up the coverage was poor. They make it hard to use your benefits. They came up with this meaningless formula to make it hard for multiple people to take off time during the same month- just makes it easier to screw you out of your earned vacatikn. They put pressure to make up sick time on the weekends Better call your doctor and get a doctors excuse like your a 5 year old. By the time i took my maternity leave i had over 120 hours of sick time and an additional 70 hours of vacation. That us the only way to actually use the time is with a written excuse. Stupid. Its also difficult to get coverage for you if you are an evaluating therapist. Definatly you get more grief abot taking vacations you have to work ahead and do all upcoming documentation then they cover you with an assistant. I left due to switch of contract. I was not given any of my saved vacation - not 1 hour! It wasn't that i quit; this was out of my control and not my choice. This was THEIR fault. This was a slap in the face of an employee that did everything they asked. Always would help in other building even if it meant driving a distance. Resulted me not being able to take a planned vacation after the date of contract switch.

5 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

High turnover rate, high stress, outrageous productivity standards worked in VA and NC

Aug 2, 2017 - Speech Language Pathologist in Roanoke, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have some good therapist working for them but they tend to burn out pretty quickly. Strong focus on documentation.

Cons

I've worked for other healthcare companies and will never work for Genesis again. They're Compass Memory Care Program lack substance, productivity standards vary the longer you're employed the higher your productivity expectation can be up to 93%. Corporate is extremely aggressive and their marketing. Patients don't always know the difference between part A and Part B providers which leads to Genesis pushing Part B services with patients not knowing that they have an option and often stuck with a co-pay once they meet their Medicare cap. With such a high turnover rate, there is very little focus on employee satisfaction. Employees are easily replaced. That's also why they're so willing to take recent grads. Also traveling therapist with a third-party company contracted to work for Genesis often make considerably more than regular employees

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee

physical therapist assistant

Aug 8, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

reliable, helpful, moving help, finding work

Cons

changing patients, changing therapists, not enough computers

Be the first to find this review helpful
    9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Decent for new grads

Aug 9, 2016 - Occupational Therapist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay and enthusiastic mentors and clinical leaders. Good insurance.

Cons

Therapists work holidays, including Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's difficult to take PTO. Inconsistent hours and not guaranteed hours - I haven't received a full paycheck in a year. There are no bonuses, raises, or matching of 401k. Upper management puts stress on lower management, which gets passed on to clinical staff. Too much emphasis on productivity and financials instead of providing quality patient care.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee

Quantity more important than quality of care.

Jul 23, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Owns or contracts in a lot of LTC facilities allowing for easy transfers within driving distance from your home.

Cons

Too much focus on QUANTITY of care versus QUALITY of care. Upper management consumed by numbers on paper versus reality in the work field. If a facility loses a contract and don't have a replacement facility for you, they will ask you to work prn but will cancel your scheduled hours as last minute as they can in effort to rearrange therapist schedules and spread them out as thin as possible and save money. This creates much stress on therapists and the overall quality of care in near impossible to achieve.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Reviews