Genomic Health Reviews

Updated 15 Jun 2020

3.8
Genomic Health President & CEO Kim Popovits (no image)
Kim Popovits

"Great company, good benefits."

Current Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Genomic Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture is very welcoming. Great staff.

Cons

Nothing at this moment. Will update if necessary

"Lots of possibilities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Genomic Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is only about 20 years old so there isn't a lot of legacy to weigh it down. Feels like it's growing, with some growing pains like when they cut a department. Leadership team is very accessible if you run into them, and people in general are very courteous and friendly and don't stand on ceremony. Redwood City offices are right on the water so very nice to take walks during good weather, and there are umbrellas for when it rains. Pay and benefits are decent. Onsite cafeteria is subsidized and decent, and the gym has basic cardio and weights. It feels GOOD to work for a company that helps cancer patients!

Cons

I worry that there may not be much of a career track for me but it's maybe another year before I need to worry about that. Still much gray area. I actually like how that gives me freedom, but if you need clear guidance then you may be really uncomfortable. Could be better at welcoming new employees. I don't think it's intentional and everyone's super nice so you get into it eventually, but when everyone's been around for so long and comfortable I think they forget what it's like to be new and not know everything. Oh, and someone stole all the bikes. I miss those.

November 9, 2018Sr. Director Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the detailed feedback. Just an FYI. We're totally revamping the first 6 months for new hires to help employee thrive faster! Most of this goes live in the next month or so. It includes giving managers some tools to create a better experience.

"Average company with average benefits"

2.0

I worked at Genomic Health full-time

Pros

Pay was ok. Benefits were average.

Cons

There may have been some Execs who didn't listen to the employees' concerns. There had been some history of employees with cancer being pushed out. It was the subject of an article in Forbes Magazine online and i heard about it from fellow employees.

"Great comp"

I have been working at Genomic Health full-time

Pros

Great people, great benefits and great culture.

Cons

Certain departments unfortunately have leads who are hardly on the floor to manage the chaos that occurs

5. "Former Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Genomic Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

401k and other benefit plans

"Interesting work, decent benefits, management is caring but not efficient"

Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Genomic Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are decent and management do seem to care about employees' well-being. The domain (genomic diagnostics) is very interesting (and difficult). Co-workers are generally pretty nice people.

Cons

Quality of employees vary significantly. Too many dead weights. Poor management of IT initiatives resulted in resources wasted. IT department is too large for a non-software company. IT managers seem to be more interested in building fiefdoms than delivering great services. Professional advancements often are not based on quality of work, competence and merit but on who's better politically. As mentioned above, management do seem to care about employees, but not very efficient (see dead weights above). R&D lack true scientific leadership and that resulted in failure in launching new products.

Continue reading
  7. "Very nice place to work at"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Genomic Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very considerate and empathetic of the employees Good pay Good managers

Cons

No specific cons I encountered

Continue reading
  8. "Lots of good people and some good products."

I worked at Genomic Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Lots of good people I enjoyed working with. Products help patients while saving insurance companies money!

Cons

Trying to sell the business, so it's about numbers. Laid off 10% of the staff, which is a moral killer. Made a bad bet which hurt the bottom line.

April 23, 2018Sr. Director Talent Acquisition

Thanks for being part of our journey over the last 8 years. It's always been about the patient and that will never change. Prioritizing growth in IVD is a strategic move helps the company to thrive long-term and help patients with cancer. While some employees were impacted by this change, HR is helping them to find new roles in the industry.

9. "Great place to work"

I worked at Genomic Health full-time

Pros

Excellent products provide opportunity to improve cancer patient treatment. Mature, well run organization.

Cons

Changes direction too often. Consensus-driven, top-down management.

10. "Customer Service"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Genomic Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great working environment, the culture has improved throughout the years. Decent pay with a good work / life balance. CEO shows confidence with strong belief behind employees/products

Cons

Decisions take a lot of time to develop. Would like to see some type of educational reimbursement to grow career

April 16, 2018Sr. Director Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to do a review and your interest in GHI providing education reimbursement!

Found 157 reviews