Genomic Health Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Genomic Health Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2019

Found 147 reviews

4.0
Genomic Health CEO Kim Popovits (no image)
Kim Popovits

"Great culture"

I worked at Genomic Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Genomic Health has a great culture that values making decisions that will help patients. The people are dedicated, hard working and fun to be around.

Cons

Very few internal promotions. They like to bring in people from the outside for management positions. Have a habit of taking their employees for granted and not recognizing accomplishments.

Advice to Management

Focus on making OncoType relevant in the future of liquid biopsy.

Genomic Health2017-11-28

"Horrible leaders and bad decisions. Watch Out!"

I worked at Genomic Health full-time

Pros

Mission and product helping cancer patients Engaging company events Recognition program is rewarding

Cons

Leaders across functions are not experts but get involved and delays decisions There isn’t ownership and accountability as it was before Leaders micromanage and jump to conclusions without hearing all perspectives Favoritism for promotions and discrimination towards employees. Management and HR doesn’t take action. The compliant was ignored so you don’t feel supported or heard. Negative culture depending on... which teams you work for Slow innovation and scientific technology

Advice to Management

Reevaluate your managers and how to handle employee issues Be fair with your recruiting and hiring decisions. Give equal chances to all people Invest in employees and improve the culture

Genomic Health2017-11-29

"Great Culture with One Common Goal"

I have been working at Genomic Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunities at Genomic Health are endless, as long as you have the right support from the right people. The leaders here invest a lot of time into their employees and help foster growth and development. The environment is not that of a typical corporate business, which is what attracted me the most. The culture is definitely the company's trademark, and is what keeps people around. I truly believe that everyone... who works at Genomic Health cares about what they do, the people they work alongside with, and the patients they help.

Cons

Constant changes that aren't communicated efficiently and in a timely manner; not allowing for enough preparation or support.

Genomic Health2017-10-13

December 18, 2017Sr. Director Talent Acquisition

Thanks for recognizing our culture and the sense of community that makes this place so special.

"Human Resources"

Current Employee - Senior Benefits Analyst in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Genomic Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employees are connected and invigorated by mission that is changing lives of many cancer patients and their families. Impressive CEO.

Cons

Not large enough yet to have best in class systems throughout company.

Genomic Health2017-09-20

"okay"

I worked at Genomic Health

Pros

benefits, paid time off, 401k retirement, stock options

Cons

promotion (hard to move up) repetitive

Genomic Health2017-09-21

"Corporate Function"

I have been working at Genomic Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been at this place for close to 7 years and it is one of the best places to work for. The culture here has a community feel where everyone is friendly and respectful. Growth and development are encouraged and opportunities are given if you want to stretch your self. Also commute wise this is not too bad both from the peninsula or East Bay.

Cons

It would be beneficial to add benefits like education reimbursement, reimbursement of medical benefits if you don't sign up for them.

Genomic Health2017-06-20

August 29, 2017Sr. Director Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to do a review.

"Not the same company it once was"

I have been working at Genomic Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Salary and most benefits are competitive to industry standards, ability to work on exciting projects, breast test clear market leader

Cons

Any semblance of company structure, processes, procedures has gone out the window. Senior leadership is either too involved (not delegating) or completely absent. Questionable pipeline. Lots of good people left or are leaving after last bonus pay out.

Advice to Management

Listen to feedback from the culture surveys. Trust good employees to do their jobs, and support them.

Genomic Health2017-06-18

September 5, 2017Sr. Director Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to complete a review. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if there is anything I can do to help you here at GHI. We also take the culture surveys very seriously and are working on some new ways for employees stay engaged and feel valued.

"45 Day Review"

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Geneva

I have been working at Genomic Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

A good working atmosphere overall. The company takes care of the employee allowing to make a difference in peoples´s lives everyday.

Cons

Some decisions taken by the U.S not considering the impact they may have in the organization abroad. This could be mitigated by better/more communication with the International entities.

Genomic Health2017-05-29

"Falling behind the curve!"

I worked at Genomic Health for more than 3 years

Pros

Great International team struggling to commercialize half-backed products for non US markets.

Cons

Falling behind the curve with no new products in the pipe line. 80 % of revenue still coming from 1 product launched 10 years ago. R&D focus on US markets only.

Advice to Management

Try to think at what went wrong since the launch of ODX Breast and why the great perspectives at that time have faded since then. Time for change?

Genomic Health2017-06-08

June 13, 2017Sr. Director Talent Acquisition

There is actually a tremendous amount of innovation happening here, including the launch of several new products. Oncotype SEQ is a great example! While most companies are talking about liquid biopsy, we 're actually doing it. I would encourage anyone wanting to know more to check ...

"Working at GHI"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Genomic Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company culture, impactful products, and lots of perks and benefits like ESPP!

Cons

Commute to Redwood City and Traffic .

Genomic Health2017-05-18

June 13, 2017Sr. Director Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review. We do provide some nice incentives to make it easier to commute including a free shuttle that runs to and from Caltrain throughout the day.

Found 147 reviews