Glanbia Performance Nutrition Reviews

Updated 11 Jul 2020

3.1
Glanbia Performance Nutrition CEO Hugh McGuire (no image)
Hugh McGuire
  1. "Great place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Discovery Technologist II in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Glanbia Performance Nutrition full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and supportive!

Cons

Cannot think of any at the moment.

2. "Great Working Environment"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middlesbrough, England

I have been working at Glanbia Performance Nutrition full-time

Pros

Great team, sense of fun, nights out

Cons

Few development opportunities, promotions offered on a more favourable basis to the Irish team

"Compliance"

I worked at Glanbia Performance Nutrition full-time

Pros

Friendly colleagues, dynamic fast moving company, growing in Europe

Cons

Chaotic, over worked, management care only about quarterly results and not about pressure on staff, high turnover, no diversity,

Continue reading
  4. "Great place to build a career"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Glanbia Performance Nutrition full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work environment, good people! Supportive culture and good growth opportunities for the taking, for those willing to work hard

Cons

Fast changing environment can seem chaotic at times-this could be a positive for those who thrive in a constant state of evolution

5. "Great Company and People; healthy business that is growing"

5.0
    Current Employee - Vice President Engineering in Aurora, IL

I have been working at Glanbia Performance Nutrition full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

GPN manufactures most of its products itself, and invests accordingly to make the best products and hire the best people.

Cons

Sometimes growth is painful, and requires extra work and commitment, but it beats working for a company/brand/market that is downsizing and cost cutting.

"Employee beware"

1.0
    Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at Glanbia Performance Nutrition full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedule. Good immediate management

Cons

First off this review is almost irrelevant as the speciality sales division of GPN is going to be obsolete very soon. They already let go about 30% of the outside sales team and if the people working in that division think they are safe they are being foolish. - When I left Glanbia and my new employer called for verification that I was in sales Glanbia told my new employer I was only an “associate”...a term I never heard used to describe my role nor was in the hand book. VERY UNDERHANDED and they lost all my respect for GPN after that. - leadership is clueless. They throw a bunch of new products at you at once with no direction on how to sell them and then they discontinued them without notice. - zero communication. Getting an email back from someone was close to winning the lotto. Then they would ask you a question that you already answered in the body of your first email. And this didn’t happen once or twice, it was constant. - they would discontinue items without telling the sales people. You’d have to find out from distribution. - Wasted ton of money on promotional item we didn’t ask for or need. And not only that they sent waaayyyy too much of it. If there was some communication instead of inferring what we need GPN wouldn’t have spent so much on promotional items stores didn’ want or use. - Slow to market. They talked about sending us branded barrel coolers for a new drink we launched. By the time they sent them to the reps the drink was discontinued. Genius. - No sales training or development. This is where your career goes to die. They won’t advance you and won’t give you the training to advance. If you want collect a paycheck then Glanbia is for you. If you want to advance yourself and your career look elsewhere. - Upper management started only hiring people form their old company coca-cola. - When I applied for other jobs within the organization I was told by HR “we are only entertaining external hires right now”

"GPN"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Glanbia Performance Nutrition full-time

Pros

Some creative and energetic people in sales and marketing teams. Strong brand portfolio.

Cons

Poor office location, blame culture, lack of career opportunities, internal silos, lack of a cohesive leadership team.

Continue reading
  8. "An OK place to gain experience."

Current Employee - Machine Operator

I have been working at Glanbia Performance Nutrition full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good benefits package. - Lots of overtime if you like that.

Cons

- 6 days a week basically mandatory for the entirety of the last 4 months of the year. - After the big year end push there's many days where there is nothing to do besides clean because there is no product. - Coworkers come and go, so if you end up being there for longer than everyone else you will have your responsibilities doubled without any extra recognition. Expect to train new people very often. - "Training" however, consists mostly of being told to do something by your bosses and having to ask your coworkers how everything works, often because the bosses themselves have no idea.

Glanbia Performance Nutrition Response

February 28, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We'd love to learn more about your experience and how we can improve. Please email us at gpntalentacquisition@glanbia.com

"Mixed Feelings, company with so much potential but sure doesn't show it"

I worked at Glanbia Performance Nutrition full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Friendly Environment, good base however lower base than other companies in the same industry considering the size of the company and what they can afford. There are good people in that company.

Cons

Got a raise then pay structure change, raise and pay structure change, raise then pay structure change. After each year I made as much as a new entry entering in the same job but they said I got a raise...ok... Classy....Micromanaged to the fullest extent. Personal experience no opportunity for growth. When successful was told not experienced enough, when not successful told need to meet and exceed expectation. I showed a lot of interest to grow when I was meeting and exceeding all expectations however was constantly overlooked and they would choose to hire from outside rather than give me the opportunity to grow when I earned it. Too many old school views, they need to start listening to the ones who are talking to consumers daily.

"N/A"

1.0

I have been working at Glanbia Performance Nutrition for more than a year

Pros

Can't think of any. Look somewhere else for a job

Cons

Too Many to mention. Poor mgmt, poor growth

Found 127 reviews