Find jobs for Sales Analyst

Glanbia Performance Nutrition Sales Analyst Reviews

Updated 15 Jul 2019

5.0
Glanbia Performance Nutrition CEO Hugh McGuire (no image)
Hugh McGuire
1 Rating
  1. "A great place with great people"

5.0
    Current Employee - Sales Analyst

I have been working at Glanbia Performance Nutrition full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits package; PTO, 401k match, etc. A great place to learn and advance your career.

Cons

Can be tough to break into this company if you are coming from the outside.

"Total Dysfunction - I won't even put this on my resume and I would give 0 stars if possible"

1.0
    Sales Analyst in Downers Grove, IL
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Glanbia Performance Nutrition for less than a year

Pros

Discount on supplements In office, state of the art gym

Cons

Management is very driven by ego and as a result, productivity plummets due to constant fire drill reporting to serve individual egos (it felt like a frat house). All too often, the fire drill reporting was scrapped at the 11th hour, over and over on the same deliverable. Being realistic, projects can change at any time, but in my time at GPN, very few projects ever served a purpose other than to boost someone's ego and prove a point/be right to other members of management. Projects were less about driving the company forward and more about proving a point. "Exposure" was the name of the game at GPN. Multiple comments were made about not working late, despite working 11+ hour days on fire drills (see above). Leaving at 5, even after having a productive day, was frowned upon. There was little support or encouragement for working productively in a 40 hour week. There was little focus on career path or setting goals. It was all about execution and showing face, not about management helping or encouraging you to grow. Training was also non-existent. The team I was on, went from a team of 6 to a team of 2 in a matter of two months because of miserable leadership and being completely overworked. Two of the four who left were only there three months. One other had a 5 year tenure and the other only about 12 months of tenure. The team was overworked and overwhelmed, with little support and dreading every day in the office. This was the worst professional move I have made and I highly recommend doing thorough research before interviewing or accepting a job at this company. The interview process was great and swept me up, but be cautious.

Continue reading

Glanbia Performance Nutrition Response

Thanks for posting your feedback. We are always open to receiving feedback to gain a better understanding of how we can improve. We are glad that you enjoyed the employee discounts on our products and believe we do have a start-of-the-art gym. We are proud of our focus on health and fitness. It is unfortunate that you felt many times you were rushing to complete an assignment or report without it being finalized or coming to fruition. GPN is an extremely fast-paced organization where change is constant. We do appreciate your feedback regarding management and your view that you received little support or encouragement. This is an area that we will pursue to ensure we develop these skills within our managers. GPN is also beginning to develop career paths for all departments but it does take time especially in an organization with our growth history. We agree that it is an area we need to focus on and have now begun a process to implement. Many times with an extreme growth trajectory that GPN has experienced, it is difficult to define jobs as they change regularly. Particularly, in new start-up departments, we need to ensure roles are well defined and individuals coming in understand the responsibilities and flexibility they may require. Thanks again for your feedback as we are always interested in finding a better way and improving our performance.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 2 reviews