Glassdoor Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated Oct 8, 2019

4.1
Glassdoor CEO Robert Hohman
Robert Hohman
Pros
  • "There is so much flexibility with work/life balance that it makes it easy to come into work in the morning(in 65 reviews)

• "flexibility with working from home when needed, and a culture of great people who love your children and embrace them as part of the Glassdoor family(in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are growing pains as the company continues to evolve(in 41 reviews)

• "The company has expanded into two buildings in Mill Valley(in 23 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"4 years in and going strong"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Glassdoor is the favorite company I've worked for so far in my career. First and foremost, the company has an amazing company culture. People are really good to one another here. While people are smart and driven, they also care about making sure that everyone works together well. Glassdoor is also having a lot of success as a company. Like any early stage company there are ups and downs, but over the 4 years... I've been here I've seen revenue triple and the employee base grow by a similar amount. And I love Glassdoor's mission and that we are creating transparency for job seekers all around the world.

Cons

None really. It's worth saying that we have some big competitors (LinkedIn, Indeed) in our industry so you have to bring your A-game. But I believe in what we're doing and our results show we are having success.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on company culture even as we grow.

Glassdoor2019-04-29

"Crazy amazing people."

Current Employee - Research Associate

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time

Pros

Now for an organisation running the show ,it is inevitable to have a backend and a frontend. This organisation's backend is sound proof and knows how to manage their downtime.

Cons

You don't wanna learn , not for you.

Advice to Management

Stay amazing!

Glassdoor2018-01-15

"Wonderful Internship experience"

I worked at Glassdoor

Pros

Open organization flexible timings. Company takes your contributions seriously

Cons

None as such everyone enjoys here

Glassdoor2017-03-26

"A critical inflection point"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Glassdoor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing benefits program, casual office, free snacks, tons of events and happy hours. Great existing product that works really well, and some of the best people you'll ever work with.

Cons

Glassdoor is in the critical stages of post-startup mode. The acquisition by Recruit Holdings was supposed to provide the financial backing and fuel needed to accelerate the already high growth the company was experiencing. Instead it's left the organization in a sea of turnover (particularly in leadership) and left boots on the ground employees with far more questions than answers. For a company who's entire... existence is centered around employer transparency, internal communications are impressively opaque. Changes continue to be communicated last minute and fundamental business issues go months without any updates from leadership. As someone on the sales team, the 4 departments that support sales efforts (being Marketing, Product, Sales Operations, and Sales Enablement) are all woefully incompetent and mismanaged. Marketing has no idea how to string together grammatically correct sentences, let alone educate employers on our unique value proposition. Product has finally pushed forward 1 meaningful update to the solution that we can sell, the first in the nearly 19 months I worked here. I legitimately have no idea what they do all day. Sales Operations is constantly understaffed and stuck under inefficient manual processes that keep them constantly behind on their caseload while basic pieces of our Salesforce instance fail to work properly. Sales Enablement is either spending their time running trainings that are either totally redundant or of little value, or they are doing seemingly nothing at all. We went more than 9 months as a team without a single training run by Enablement until they were finally able to scrape together enough budget to bring in an outside sales trainer for 1 day. Meanwhile, the company is struggling to maintain sales volume and seems to have no answer to this problem. Most managers are still running 1 on 1 meetings with their direct reports that have little substance. Very little is going on in terms of coaching and development, just a lot of people relying on the same old strategies that no longer work. As a result, a lot of their best employees have left the company for greener pastures.

Advice to Management

Glassdoor has an awesome mission, a great product, and a great culture. But if you don't start investing more in your employees and leadership and find ways to stop regrettable turnover, you'll lose your opportunity to become just as essential as your major competitors (and sister company) are to employers and job seekers.

Glassdoor2019-09-18

"Great place to grow your career, interested to see what's next..."

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Glassdoor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I spent a large chunk of years growing my career at Glassdoor. From the start my colleagues became fast friends, mentors, and long lasting relationships. It was (and still is) super easy to find a manager who will invest in you, or a dedicated mentor, or a leader from another department that will help you grow your career. Some of the best people leaders are at Glassdoor: intuitive, kind, understanding people, and... most who are leading responsibly, gently guiding reps to be consistent and dedicated to success. Career growth, especially in the beginning of my time was accessible in every way. There are more processes in place now, but if you have a strong reputation and work hard, it will get recognized. Leaders have always put my best interests and asks first, building trust and loyalty. If you have been burned by managers in the past, come here and gain a more positive experience.

Cons

Glassdoor has become an interesting place in the last year. In Chicago, there is plenty of growth, excitement and proactive dedication to culture and unity. As employees move up in the organization, there is more and more flexibility to your schedule and process, especially in sales. This can be good/bad at the same time. At the Enterprise level, it was difficult to feel motivated to hold yourself to a higher... standard, to continue growing in your sales skills or trial out new processes, which may just be the stage the company is at. From an organizational perspective, in terms of trajectory, Glassdoor’s future seems fuzzy. I often found myself feeling like we are plateauing. Product hasn’t developed in years (truly), and senior leaders come and go, which can be difficult news to hear in the Bay Area specifically. Tenured employees, including leaders, seem checked out. Yet, I believe leadership recognizes this and are looking to step up their game, but need insight and outside resources to understand as to how to make a large culture shift like this.

Advice to Management

Create a clear vision of the company's trajectory for employees with the move to SF. Keep retaining your great people, but grow in accountability, focused vision, and a cohesive culture.

Glassdoor2019-10-09
  6. "Incredible Company"

Current Employee - Sales Operations in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is an incredible place to work. Everybody is helpful, welcoming and makes you feel like you're part of a family. Huge room to grow your career. The products themselves are brilliant, and help people find jobs and companies that they love so you feel like your work has a great impact on everyone who uses Glassdoor. The company is relatively small compared to competitors. This allows for agile improvements to... respond to the market without having the bureaucracy of a large company.

Cons

There is nothing I can call out as being a negative!

Advice to Management

Continue on the path you've laid out, things are working so well!

Glassdoor2019-09-23

"good company"

Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at Glassdoor full-time

Pros

- great benefits (hours, PTO, insurance, parental leave policy) - amazing people, unlike any other. it's like working with all your close friends - fun office events - good sales tools to help you be successful

Cons

- pay is super below market - accounts are all ripped through, blasting the same people over and over - little to no training - distant from HQ, no interactions with senior leadership - cross functional teams all disconnected (sdr --> ae --> am)

Advice to Management

keep the culture the same as it was from beginning. be super open with communication and whats coming from top down. keep helping your workforce get better by hiring seasoned talent that can bring something new to the table

Glassdoor2019-10-03

"Great people, tough job."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Glassdoor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Virtually everyone in that office has a great sense of humor and makes it much easier to spend 40+ hours a week there. The sales floor is the most collaborative I have worked on - reps really go above and beyond to help their peers. That's largely due to excellent Sales Managers and Directors. However, when it's all said and done, Monday Moves is the lifeblood of this organization.

Cons

Most of the downsides to the role aren't exclusive to Glassdoor, Sales is just a hard job. That being said, reps can feel like they're on an island due to poor communication across departments. Customer Support/on-boarding is lacking for smaller clients, Sales Operations seems to be a department with two full time employees, and I was genuinely shocked to learn we even have a Marketing Department. To Glassdoor's... credit, the interdepartmental struggles have been a priority and I'm confident they'll continue to improve.

Advice to Management

N/A

Glassdoor2019-10-02

"My Experience at Glassdoor so far"

Current Employee - Software Engineer(Internship) in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros

- free food, dogs on campus, serene location, reasonably understanding management

Cons

- work environment can be a little stressful at times - pms could come up with more creative problems to solve

Advice to Management

- need to whet people more in their hiring process - please provide housing for interns especially at Mill Valley

Glassdoor2019-09-26

"Great Company, Uncertain Direction"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Mill Valley, CA

I worked at Glassdoor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Outstanding Senior Leadership, particularly in the Enterprise space. There are wonderful people in every part of the organization - the entire workforce is committed to the company's wonderful mission of connecting everyone with a job that they love. There is also incredible work/life balance.

Cons

Rapidly deteriorating internal processes - particularly Sales Ops along with some functions such as legal and finance - that ultimately inhibit sales rather than enable them. Some of these orgs are understaffed, too many of these processes exist in slack channels that aren't responsive. Strategically, there is too much of an emphasis on the Customer Success and Self Serve functions and not nearly enough focus on... further product development and innovation that will help sales land new logos and help account management grow existing business. Lastly, the LTIPS are not the least bit meaningful.

Advice to Management

Less focus on Self Serve - MUCH more on how to best enable Enterprise New Business & Account Management.

Glassdoor2019-09-18