Glassdoor Reviews

Updated 1 Mar 2021

3.7
Glassdoor CEO Christian Sutherland-Wong
Christian Sutherland-Wong
Pros
  • "There is a lot of respect for your personal time and I think in general Glassdoor offers a good work life balance(in 91 reviews)

• "Great people - i know cliche - but love the tech pool and challenges we solve everyday(in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • "I think Glassdoor is still experiencing growing pains in where we want to establish ourselves in the market(in 47 reviews)

• "Commute can be lengthy since the Mill Valley office is in North Bay(in 23 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

"Crazy amazing people."

Current Employee - Research Associate

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time

Pros

Now for an organisation running the show ,it is inevitable to have a backend and a frontend. This organisation's backend is sound proof and knows how to manage their downtime.

Cons

You don't wanna learn , not for you.

"Wonderful Internship experience"

I worked at Glassdoor

Pros

Open organization flexible timings. Company takes your contributions seriously

Cons

None as such everyone enjoys here

3. "Loved my time there"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros

really friendly place to work with a great team, great perks like snacks, pension and healthcare

Cons

Some management can be quick micro mangement style

4. "Great Place to Work"

• Diversity & Inclusion

I have been working at Glassdoor part-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent Team Members Transparent Leadership Work Life Balance

Cons

Growth Opportunities Cannot think of anything else

5. "Awesome place to work!"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Glassdoor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great leadership. Everybody is very helpful

Cons

Not sure if I can find anything.

6. "Great company culture"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Mill Valley, CA

I worked at Glassdoor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart, hard working employees passionate about the mission and grateful to be part of a great company culture

Cons

Challenges around product development and advancement caused frustration amongst various departments

"4 years in and going strong"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Glassdoor is the favorite company I've worked for so far in my career. First and foremost, the company has an amazing company culture. People are really good to one another here. While people are smart and driven, they also care about making sure that everyone works together well. Glassdoor is also having a lot of success as a company. Like any early stage company there are ups and downs, but over the 4 years I've been here I've seen revenue triple and the employee base grow by a similar amount. And I love Glassdoor's mission and that we are creating transparency for job seekers all around the world.

Cons

None really. It's worth saying that we have some big competitors (LinkedIn, Indeed) in our industry so you have to bring your A-game. But I believe in what we're doing and our results show we are having success.

8. COVID-19

"Incredible company to work for!"

Current Employee - Front End Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Glassdoor might not be the sexiest tech company out there, but they do so many things right. What's better than sexy? * Solid leadership at pretty much every level * Truly transparent company in every way - state of the business, product roadmap, employee salaries and benefits, & many more. * "Walk the walk" efforts to improve diversity & inclusion * Supportive work environment during the pandemic

Cons

Maybe my only real critique of the company is their Maternity/Paternity leave is sub-par and they could do more to be supportive of parents (especially new parents).

9. COVID-19

"Great mentorship and work/life balance with more than fair pay"

Current Employee - Senior Search Quality Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Long-term career growth opportunities within the org. - A+ work/life balance initiatives and perspectives (you are encouraged to take time off when needed) - Very transparent principles held by upper management that flows down to each team - Equitable pay and great benefits

Cons

- No major cons that readily come to mind. Sometimes I wish there were some more team-building events but I understand the lack of activities due to covid. - More company-hosted events such as going hiking together or go-karting (in a post-pandemic future) would help facilitate a more team-oriented culture.

10. "Sitting in Limbo"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, always. From the top down, every truly cares for one another and the success of the group. It’s evolved quite a bit since the layoffs of 2020 but you can still rely on enjoying your coworkers. The pay has also been pretty solid this fiscal year as well. Since we were projecting very low performance initially (due to changes in books, partnerships, and products), it’s been great for people to overachieve. There’s a true effort on leaderships side to keep the good ones around.

Cons

The limbo we sit in is caused by all the changes referenced above. We get quarterly quotas 45 days into each quarter (scary for sales people). We have to learn a new ‘process’ for something about once a week which typically breaks and has to be rebuilt. And not all of the individual contributors (below management level) are bought in on the future potential of our company— so they leave. There’s a lot of promises that we’re moving in the right direction and the future is bright, but optimism will only take us so far.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 723 English Reviews