Global Experience Specialists Reviews

3.5
Global Experience Specialists President Steve W. Moster
Steve W. Moster
Pros
Cons
  • "long periods of traveling can be tiresome, some days of long hours(in 25 reviews)

• "work/life balance during trade shows is pretty bad(in 13 reviews)

1. "Design & exhibit Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thiruvananthapuram

I worked at Global Experience Specialists full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great employees, my direct manager was great.

Cons

No room to grow in the company, low pay, long hours.

Global Experience Specialists2018-12-01

January 28, 2019Director Global Talent Management

GES encourages career development by providing training to employees. Continuous Learning – We provide tuition reimbursement for professional development. Recognition Programs – Our recognition programs reward those who excel in a variety of ways, including raffles and cash awards for those nominated by their peers for outstanding performances. Thank you for taking the time to write this all out, and I'm sorry that you are feeling this way. I'm really excited about the culture we have in the Design & Exhibit Sales team at GES as a whole, and we have a deep commitment to continue its tradition as a place everyone feels welcome, valued, and enthusiastic about their job. That said, your concerns are absolutely heard, and we will take them to heart as we move forward. We remain confident that we are a mission-driven company with amazing people doing great work, and we are proud of our folks every day

2. "experience with GES"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Bangalore

I have been working at Global Experience Specialists full-time for more than a year

Pros

flexible work and less loaded

Cons

less pay, not transparent, no raodmap

Global Experience Specialists2014-04-13
  3. "Great company to get started in the event industry"

Former Employee - Sales in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Global Experience Specialists full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

GES does great quality work and runs like a well oiled machine

Cons

Very tedious procedures and metrics.

Global Experience Specialists2020-04-28
  4. "Big Ship GES"

Current Employee - Operations Director in Velbert

I have been working at Global Experience Specialists full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

very conservartive, safe company. It is better to go the safe way and therefore risk no extrem highs and lows.

Cons

Since GES is very large, the administrative effort is very high and a lot of time passes before the large ship starts to move.

Global Experience Specialists2020-04-01

April 9, 2020Director Global Talent Management

It's awesome to hear such positive feedback! We truly value our employees and really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review about your experience during your time with us. We have a lot of work to do, but it's full speed ahead! A genuine thank you for the long days you put in and everything else you bring to the table while you are here. We wish you the absolute best and keep on doing great things!

5. "GES"

I have been working at Global Experience Specialists

Pros

Good Atmosphere, Helpful employees, Team Spirit

Cons

Long hours, can be very stressful

Global Experience Specialists2020-03-06

March 18, 2020Director Global Talent Management

Hello - It’s great that it seems like you've found a great home here at GES. We're always working to make things better based on feedback from the team. Appreciate that you called out our team spirit and great atmosphere! Those along with our values and culture are a big part of making GES a great place to grow your career. We'll keep working on making our company a place where everyone can feel comfortable and be successful. If you have anything else you like to share, please reach out. Thanks again for the feedback

6. "Great Culture."

Current Employee - Commercial Director in Coventry, England

Pros

A company that truly recognises hard work, that rewards for going above and beyond, management understanding of single parenting, global travel, supportive culture, and believes in fair pay. Management have a true open door policy, allowing you to talk through any issues you may be facing and need help on. Employee's that work hard are never ignored, and always have their voice listened to. I cannot recommend GES enough.

Cons

Nobody ever wants to go to Coventry, ever.

Global Experience Specialists2020-03-03

March 18, 2020Director Global Talent Management

Thanks for this excellent review and for your continued work here at GES. We foster an innovative, fast-paced and creative environment for those who like to think, create and work. We believe that hard work pays off and I'm glad you feel the same. Keep up the good work and thanks again for the review!

"Lovely people company not very organised"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Coventry, England
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Great atmosphere in the office and surrounded by some fantastic people!

Cons

Too many directors not knowing which director does what!

Global Experience Specialists2020-03-03

"You can do better, don’t settle for GES!"

1.0
     in Hodgkins, IL

I worked at Global Experience Specialists

Pros

Learn the trade show business. Co-workers are good people.

Cons

Drawing plays in the sand still. The most toxic and unhealthy company have ever seen. IT leadership at best is unholy and at worst is evil.

Global Experience Specialists2020-03-21

April 9, 2020Director Global Talent Management

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It sounds like we let you down by not properly setting your expectations, and that’s something we will definitely work on. Our goal is to create an environment where people effectively collaborate to achieve goals through open communication, mutual respect and constructive debate. The manager focuses on maximizing the value of all individuals, and contributes to a culture that inspires team spirit by working globally as one. Our managers take their roles in developing and supporting our employees very seriously and try, every day, to provide that high level quality of support.

9. "My position at GES has kept me interested and excited to come to work for over 20 years"

Current Employee - Director, Group Operations in Sheffield, England

Pros

Exposure to international business and international travel on a regular basis. Every day is different and I work with some amazing people who all have a common aim - to create the best solutions for our clients

Cons

Working in a large organisation may be seen to create some frustrations, but in reality this is better translated as a very robust and strong support network.

Global Experience Specialists2020-02-06
  10. "GOOD PLACE TO WORK"

Current Employee - Site Operations Support in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Global Experience Specialists full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice people all around the company, good managers overall. Company parties, paid expenses when travelling..

Cons

Is such a big company that you don't get to know everyone, sometimes you are emailing people you don't know.

Global Experience Specialists2020-02-04