Global Experience Specialists Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 20 Nov 2019

3.9
Global Experience Specialists President Steve W. Moster
Steve W. Moster
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Manager in Coventry, England

I have been working at Global Experience Specialists full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits Career progression opportunities - GES love to promote from within Good work/life balance Great training opportunities Look after the wellbeing of staff

Cons

This question is not applicable

"great people"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Global Experience Specialists full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

people are great, amazing work-life balance,

Cons

organizational culture is essentially non-existant, smaller offices are forgotten about

December 11, 2019Director Global Talent Management

Thanks very much for the review and especially for the advice to management! We will continue to keep our focus on building our culture, as you suggest -- and will keep working to be sure every one no matter where they may "sit" feels included, at every opportunity!

"Exciting event management in toxic environment"

1.0
    Former Employee - Exhibitor Services Coordinator in Amsterdam

I worked at Global Experience Specialists full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can learn a lot about events industry

Cons

No work -life balance. With full-time 40 hours week contract, we ended up with 200-250h per month and expected to always work on 150%. This is due to hugh turnaround of people. My team changed three times during 1,5 year. They never have enough people or hire people who are not able to handle the job. So you always work for 2 people at least. Management is not nice at all and what you get for job well done and making milions of euros? Oh yes, sandwich as a reward.

4. "Career Potential"

5.0
    Current Employee - Exhibitor Services in Reno, NV

I have been working at Global Experience Specialists full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people to work with, fun job, not micro-managed, good work/life balance, trusted to do your job well, independence, overall great company. I feel I can make my career here.

Cons

Long hours during shows, working with multiple temps who don't always work well, but can't always fill temp quota needed, low yearly raises.

July 9, 2019Director Global Talent Management

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Our people make us who we are, and we aim to celebrate that whenever we can. We agree that communication is the way to do that. We're working hard to ensure that the doors are open for all of our team members to communicate clearly with each other.

5. "Okay"

Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Global Experience Specialists full-time

Pros

Work life balance is good

Cons

Some Very long hours and days

April 8, 2019Director Global Talent Management

It's awesome to hear such positive feedback! We truly value our employees and really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review about your experience during your time with us. We have a lot of work to do, but it's full speed ahead! A genuine thank you for the long days you put in and everything else you bring to the table while you are here. We wish you the absolute best and keep on doing great things!

"GES"

Former Employee - Operations Manager

I worked at Global Experience Specialists full-time for more than a year

Pros

Money and people were good.

Cons

Work life balance was awful.

August 6, 2018Director Global Talent Management

When it comes to work/life balance, we thank you for your feedback. As an organization, we are committed to helping employees face the demands of juggling work, family and life-related issues by offering a number of possible flexible work schedules. These arrangements provide employees with increased flexibility with their work schedule while allowing the organization to maintain a progressive and productive work environment. You honest and candid feedback is appreciated and should you decide to come back to GES, I hope that your next experience reflects, that we have taken your feedback to heart.

"Serious lack of vision and employees under valued"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Global Experience Specialists full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good people work here dynamic work environment (never boring!) good networking possibilities

Cons

difficult work-life balance lack of vision from upper management internal communication lacking sub par salary company doesn't show that they value their employees lack of organization and structure HR department not very present or proactive

"Operation Specialist"

Former Employee - Operations Specialist
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Global Experience Specialists part-time for more than a year

Pros

Work many hours to make alot of overtime

Cons

No work life balance and good ole boy club

March 12, 2018Director Global Talent Management

When it comes to work/life balance, we thank you for your feedback. As an organization, we are committed to helping employees face the demands of juggling work, family and life-related issues by offering a number of possible flexible work schedules. These arrangements provide employees with increased flexibility with their work schedule while allowing the organization to maintain a progressive and productive work environment. Thanks for this review. Our people team works tirelessly to make sure everyone has the best experience here , don’t be shy about providing feedback.

9. "pretty good"

4.0
    Former Employee - Designer

I worked at Global Experience Specialists full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work life balance is good.

Cons

As a publicly trading company, decision making process is long.

March 12, 2018Director Global Talent Management

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. We too agree we have lots of great people here throughout the organization that have a passion for what they do! We believe we have a lot to offer someone looking to work and grow in a challenging and fast paced environment. As sometimes may be the case, when companies grow there may be a few bumps in the road along the way. We appreciate you sharing your concerns regarding the environment in which you work, as our goal is to make this a great place to work for everyone.

10. "Clique"

4.0
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Global Experience Specialists full-time for less than a year

Pros

All right pay, good vacation time, good benefits

Cons

work/life balance during trade shows is pretty bad

February 9, 2018Director Global Talent Management

GES encourages career development for our current employees by providing training. Continuous Learning – We provide tuition reimbursement for professional development. We have a strong promote from within culture and provide many opportunities for our current employees to know of new job opportunities and the ability to take advantage of them.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 English Reviews