GlobalOrange Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

4.5
Yvo Gortemaker & Erik Seveke

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at GlobalOrange full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

GlobalOrange offers a great place to work. Spacious office, nice colleagues, challenging projects, and generous benefits.

Cons

Can't yet think of any. Keep you posted ;)

2. "GlobalOrange is a great, cozy and fun company to work for."

Current Employee - Software-architect in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Software-architect in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at GlobalOrange full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For me, the people whom i work with matter a lot. Great colleagues make most workdays very pleasant.
    Free lunch, beers, parties, boat trips are quite nice as well
    Open communication
    Owners sit together with all employees
    Mature development culture, good balance of people with different levels of experience

Cons

Communication can be ad-hoc sometimes (hallway conversations), like in most small companies. There is, however, a clear effort to improve this.

Advice to Management

Work on defining and improving processes.

27 Oct 2017 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. good to hear there are so many points you appreciate about GO. We're indeed continuously working on improving whilst also taking care not to become a... More

3. "Great employer"

I have been working at GlobalOrange full-time

Pros

I've been working for almost a year and a half now at Global Orange and I'm very happy with the company so far. As a non-Dutch speaker, it's very important for me that the company is really international, and we have all our meetings (and lunches!) in English. Also, in my first year, the company paid for a beginner Dutch course which was very helpful in making the whole accommodation easier.

The projects in the company are very diverse, ranging from small one-off projects of 1-3 months and all the way to big long-term projects, running for several years. Each project adapts to the product's and client's needs, so you can work in very diverse setups: small teams, bigger distributed teams, scrum or kanban processes etc. As a developer, you are given the choice on which type of project you prefer and this makes it really exciting since you can try different styles and learn from each in the real world.

I also really like that this is still a rather small company so the CEO is in the same office as us and we can just go and chat to him about anything. You can also feel this in the office atmosphere which is very friendly.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this company. It's a really fun and challenging environment to be in!

Cons

Well one of the pluses could also be seen as a minus - since the projects are so diverse, it's easy to have different processes for each, but I think a bit more standardization could help.

Advice to Management

Well, not much to say here really. I think management already really values their employees, so nothing to add here.

4. "Great company and great atmosphere"

Current Employee - Developer in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Developer in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at GlobalOrange full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great informal atmosphere, smart colleagues, fantastic office in the building of a former church, free lunches that go far beyond a basic tosti, borrels and other celebrations. Sometimes the line between colleagues and friends might be a bit blurry and somehow it creates a great feeling.

From a developer's perspective, one of the greatest things is that there are a lot of opportunities for trying new and exciting technologies while at the same time keeping the more mature options that still make us happy. Also, there is a lot of focus on quality code. Sometimes the projects are also very challenging, which is in itself very motivating.

Cons

Despite the growth, Globalorange remains a rather small company and sometimes things can be a bit ad hoc. Also some improvements are necessary regarding devops, but I know that this is already addressed. Finally, I think it would help if the project managers would be more technical.

Advice to Management

Keep going the same direction and help GO grow even more

5. "Healthy and relaxing atmosphere"

Current Employee - Junior Business Analyst in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Junior Business Analyst in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at GlobalOrange full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The combination of very nice colleagues, and a relaxing atmosphere makes GlobalOrange the perfect place to work. There is a healthy mix between talented young professionals and experienced seniors, which makes a perfect match and often results in successful projects. I really enjoy working at GlobalOrange and am still learning every day!

Cons

Sometimes there are some minor miss communications between the sales- and development department. This problem has been addressed and the departments are currently working on a solution to prevent this from happening in the future.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication lines between sales and development short and keep listening to each other. I am certain this will result in even more success stories and satisfied customers!

3 Jan 2017 – CEO

Thanks a lot for your review! We've indeed had some communication issues between "sales" and delivery mid last year. This has been solved by involving delivery much more in the initial discussions... More

6. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Pros

I've been working at GlobalOrange for more than one year now. GlobalOrange is a very nice company to work. Though most colleagues are Dutch, we work with people from all over Europe. so a lot of conversations are in English. GlobalOrange has a variety of customers, so no project is the same.
    The atmosphere is great. Everyone is very friendly.
    Of course the office is a beautiful place to work, lunch is great and the Friday drinks/parties are amazing :-)

Cons

I needed to much time to come up with something. If I have to mention one thing, it would probably be the temperature of the office in the summer :-)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

3 Jan 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your kind words. When the temperature reaches above 30 deg C in Amsterdam the church in which we're located does indeed turn a bit hot. Luckily (or unfortunately?) this only happens a... More

7. "Inspiring workplace"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at GlobalOrange (More than 8 years)

Pros

A true agile company that inspires employees to build great software. The atmosphere is positive and open. Input from any seniority level is considered relevant and responsibilities are delegated. High quality software that add real value to customers is what motivates the employees and what is also what management strives for. On top of that we have great lunches and celebrate often.

Cons

Being in a beautifull church as workplace is inspiring, downside is that in summertime it can get very warm. Large open office space could be distracting, however there are also quit workplaces for high concentration work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the open communication on strategy on both commercial and technical level. Continue to improve on the workspace quality

3 Feb 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your words; good to hear! Open communication and a great working environment will always remain one of our highest priorities. Luckily this is also being made possible by the great people... More

"Must be careful when accepting an GO offer"

Former Employee - Software-architect in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Former Employee - Software-architect in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I worked at GlobalOrange full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Diverse and very challenging projects. Nice and bright colleagues. One will have the opportunity to lead and do his own thing.

Cons

One should be very careful during the application process and when accepting an offer.
    Ad-hoc processes. Small politics. Lack of clear vision and strategy. Low salary and lack of benefits for a highly demanding job. Managements makes decisions secretively and often takes employees hard work and involvement for granted.

Advice to Management

CTO and Delivery Manager positions must be performed by qualified people. Follow up on promises and respect the hard work of all your employees.

3 Feb 2017 – CEO

I'm sorry to hear about this bad experience at our company and for my late response. Although I recognize that we could have communicated better on vision an strategy in the past (currently we do so... More

9. "Leuk en persoonlijk bedrijf"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at GlobalOrange full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Open cultuur
    - Medewerkers krijgen de vrijheid nieuwe dingen uit te proberen
    - Fexibel
    - Persoonlijke manier van omgaan met elkaar, ook door het MT. Je mag ze altijd aanspreken om advies te vragen. De grote ruimte waar we met zijn alle in werken helpt hier erg aan mee.
    - Persoonlijke ontwikkeling staat erg hoog
    - Prettige sfeer, er wordt veel gelachen, gevierd, geborreld en getafeltennist.
    - Goede locatie, de kerk zorgt voor extra belevenis.
    - Leuke organisatie van activiteteiten coor het team maar ook samen met de klant.

Cons

Ik heb nog geen minpunten ondekt.

Advice to Management

Ga zo door, blijf je werknemers uitdagen en je waardering uitspreken.

10. "Leuk en divers bedrijf"

I have been working at GlobalOrange (Less than a year)

Pros

Op een rij:

- diverse IT projecten: verschillende sectoren, verschillende soort bedrijven en toepassingen
    - collegiale en informele sfeer
    - kleine organisatie dus geen bureaucratische toestanden
    - mooie locatie in de haarlemmerstraat

Cons

Tot nu toe geen minpunten gevonden

Advice to Management

Geen zwaarwegend advies momenteel!