86% would recommend to a friend
(33735 total reviews)
81% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Google
Microsoft India Confessions
a month ago
Hi I am currently working in Google in Ad Sales. I am interested in applying to Digital Solution Area Specialist at Microsoft (Job number:1591353). Can someone refer me? Also what total comp can I expect? I am currently making (Base: 36L, Variable: 6L, Stocks for current year: 24L) Will microsoft match or provide a hike on this?
Referral and Opportunities
2 months ago
Hi Fishes, Recently got laid off (Google via Third Party) and looking for an immediate opportunity. Kindly help this fellow jobseeker! Designation : Data Management Analyst YOE: 4.7 Tech stack : SQL, PrestoDB, Salesforce, Data Governance TIA Uber @postman Deloitte HashiCorp @tide Boomi Airbnb
Referral and Opportunities
4 months ago
Hi Fishes, Getting laid off as Google is terminating the current project. LwD is 31st August. Sole earner here with ailing parents.Any kind of help, referrals, advice would be highly appreciated. Yoe : 4.7 Tech stack : SQL, Salesforce, Data Governance Location: Bengaluru JPMorgan Chase Uber CSG Goldman Sachs KPMG Airbnb Nagarro
4 months ago
Hi Fishes, Losing my current job by august as Google has taken away the project, please be generous enough to help out this poor soul. In dire need of an immediate opportunity. I have two roles which align directly to my expertise at: CSG and Uber Please comment/dm for further details. TIA.
Got a burning question about Google? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Google employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people are great and almost always assume the best of you; I never had bad interactions or felt the need to 'prove myself'." (in 3135 reviews)
- "great benefits and I do believe they build some of the best products out there." (in 2345 reviews)
- "It was a great environment and culture that I looked forward to going to every day." (in 1807 reviews)
- "In those positions you can have a good work/life balance and just use all the benefits" (in 1593 reviews)
- "Would recommend Software Engineering/Development/PM at Google if you want a nice comfy job with perks and good pay." (in 1293 reviews)
- "Long hours and your time put into a position where you may not even advance." (in 574 reviews)
- "bad management and rude to customers" (in 499 reviews)
- "People are forced out by bad managers via bad annual reviews and PIP program to get there friends in there." (in 416 reviews)
- "Much work to do and stress" (in 196 reviews)
- "Recent layoffs heavily affected morale" (in 194 reviews)
Found 33,735 of over 48T reviews
Updated 30 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.028 Nov 2023Full Stack Web DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsGurgaon, Haryana
It is prestigious company. I firstly heard about it is in my college campus
Google collects a vast amount of user data through its various services, which has led to privacy concerns. Critics argue that the company has too much access to personal information and raises issues about how this data is used.
- 3.01 Nov 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBengaluru
* Great food * Great colleagues * Some teams have wonderful opportunities * Incredible amenities within the office
* Google has lost its culture * Google India has zero resemblance to the OG Google everybody talks about. * Incredibly political * Too much cronyism in leadership where chain migration from leaders to their reports from previous companies and hampering opportunities for others. * Most managers are extremely pushy with complete disregard for WLB of reports.2
- 5.021 Sept 2023Software Development Engineer (SDE)Current Employee, more than 1 yearBangalore Rural
Cutting-Edge Technology: Google is at the forefront of technology, and as an SDE, you'll have the chance to work on some of the most advanced and innovative projects in the industry. Challenging Projects: Google tackles some of the most complex and ambitious projects in the world. As an SDE, you'll be exposed to challenging problems that will push your skills to the limit. Learning Opportunities: Google values continuous learning and provides various resources and opportunities for employees to enhance their skills. You'll have access to training, workshops, and conferences.
While Google is known for its many perks and positive aspects, there are also some potential downsides to working in a Google office. It's important to note that these cons may vary depending on your personal preferences and the specific office location, but here are some common disadvantages: Intense Competition: Google is highly selective in its hiring process, which can create a competitive and high-pressure work environment. High Expectations: Google sets very high standards for its employees, which can lead to stress and the need to consistently perform at a high level. Long Hours: Some employees may find themselves working long hours to meet project deadlines or handle the demands of their roles. Hierarchical Structure: Google is a large organization, and navigating its hierarchy can sometimes be challenging for employees who prefer a flatter organizational structure.1
- 5.030 Nov 2023Junior Quant AnalystCurrent Employee
WORK LIFE BALANCE, CHALLENGING WORK
management trend to overlook the prequisites
- 5.023 Oct 2023Software Development Engineer (SDE)Current Employee, less than 1 yearHyderābād
Prestigious Work Environment: Google is known for its innovative and cutting-edge projects, which can provide significant opportunities to work on exciting and impactful initiatives. Competitive Compensation and Benefits: Google typically offers competitive salaries, attractive benefits packages, and various perks, including stock options, health benefits, and more. Professional Growth and Learning Opportunities: Google encourages professional development through various programs, including mentorship, training sessions, and access to internal resources. Employees can learn from some of the best minds in the industry.
Intense Competition and High Expectations: Working at Google can be demanding, with a high-pressure work environment that expects employees to consistently deliver high-quality results. Fast-Paced Work Environment: The pace at Google can be rapid, with tight deadlines and continuous changes, which might not be suitable for everyone. Hierarchy and Bureaucracy: Google is a large organization, which can sometimes result in a bureaucratic structure that might slow down decision-making processes and hinder innovation.
Google Reviews FAQs
Google has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 48,455 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Google to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
86% of Google employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Google 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.