Great Clips Reviews

Found 2,523 of over 3K reviews

3.8
Great Clips CEO Steve Hockett
Steve Hockett
Pros
  • "Stylist can ask for coverage from other great clips salons if needed (bigger team)(in 201 reviews)

• "I love the fast paced environment getting to do what I love each day(in 161 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Stylists don’t always play nice when I’m not at the shop(in 254 reviews)

• "Haircuts have to be done Within 8-11minutes and the pay is low(in 160 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Staff

28 May 2021 - Cleaner in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good behaviour good staff good place

Cons

There are no cons to write here for me

Great Clips Response

Thank you for being a part of our GREAT community of stylists and managers!

2. 5.0

Caution

25 Nov 2020 - Ultrasound Tech
      Business Outlook

Pros

They provide lunch break of 1 hour

Cons

they don't provide lunch to eat

3. 4.0

Im a catalyst

7 Nov 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good news 5 words im happy

Cons

Bad performance work,workload pressure 5 words im not happy

4. 3.0

Good company to work

15 Apr 2020 - Manager in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good management with good supervisor to work with. Growth Helpful Potential Encourage

Cons

Have to. Travel a lot during work

Great Clips Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Great Clips salons are located in the United States and Canada.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee

Experience was great

19 Jul 2019 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people here are very nice and the atmosphere here is very good, it is good to stay here

Cons

Yeah I'm ready to challenges

6. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great to work

30 Nov 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great job for fresher, good experience

Cons

Really no problem at all

1 person found this review helpful

Great Clips Response

Thank you for having been a valued member of a GREAT team!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Family- feel Work Environment

20 May 2021 - Hairstylist/Manager in Chesapeake, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mirus LLC Franchise group with Great Clips for hair Create rewarding Career path for each individual employee based on personal willingness to commit and grow and thrive!!! I appreciate personalised incentives that give me a reason to continue to be great every day . I also appreciate being able to raise a family with flexibility. I really appreciate being able to raise a family and have fulfilling purpose with a professional career! A huge selling point For me is the ability to have the support structure I need to accumulate a great amount of Savings that Mike Owen (owner)pays into as a contribution towards my retirement and all full time employees!

Cons

Working for a Company like Great Clips, Forces you to be very in tune with your health and body!! We are incredibly busy salon group!! Our customer volume is unmatched... The work is very Constant and repetitive. It can take a toll on your body, you have to be very Conscientious about how you eat, wear great shoes, take at least 20min of allotted break time get plenty of rest drinking water, exercise stretch, and using vacation time that the company allows! These simple strategies prevent burnout and poor moral!

Great Clips Response

Thank you for being a part of our GREAT community of stylists and managers!

8. 4.0

Honest

6 Jun 2021 - Manager in Tulsa, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Our franchise is llopisusa, Easy to advance, not lazy people, about their money, in a 3 year span I've made 5 bonuses over $200 each and received a $4.75 raise from what I started at. Management are upfront and realistic on expectations and money/pay. No favoritism, education advancement. They have a salon system that works for everyone. Sometimes takes the management out to do something fun together. Can travel to other locations.

Cons

Understaffed, gm is very busy and forgets to do things, when understaffed you are expected to work 6 days a week and sometimes 10 hour shifts/open to close, doesn't do events to support the salon outside of work i.e no staff team building outside the salons. No family time.

Great Clips Response

We appreciate your feedback. Since each salon is independently owned and operated, the franchisee would be the best person to address your feedback. If you would like to share more, please email customerservice@greatclips.com and we will forward it to your franchisee. Thank you.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

If you have a family or health issues this is not the place for you

16 May 2021 - Management
      Business Outlook

Pros

The tips are great. It's fast pasted work. Guaranteed paycheck even if there are no customers because of the hourly wage.

Cons

If you have a family do not plan on being able to attend any of their events in order to get hours you have to have open availability was full-time Flex. You also get a review every 90 days on your numbers and if you do not make your numbers you get a pay decrease and lose whatever raised you got a 90 days before so you never have a regular pay set hourly wage. You are expected to maintain a certain level and percentage of numbers in order to retain your raise and if you do not retain those numbers you do not get to keep your raise a causes hardship in a home when you are budgeted. I worked for the company for nine years I have currently had health issues and unable to work because my symptoms were also covid symptoms. After nine years of employment I was called over the phone and terminated. It's great money but it is a franchise they say they are family-based but it's all about the dollar bills to them. You will start feeling like a robot and feel like you work for a haircut mill.

1 person found this review helpful

Great Clips Response

Because each salon is independently owned and operated, the franchisee would be the best person to address your feedback. If you would like to share more, please email customerservice@greatclips.com and we will forward it to your franchisee. Thank you.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

It's all about your owners

2 May 2021 - Manager in Fort Walton Beach, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

No chemical services are offered and after being in full service for years it is a great break. Our owners care about their employees more than the bottom line. For example, during our layoff for Covid19 our owner called once a week to check on us. Unfortunately I came down with a severe case of Covid19 and have missed a ton of work my owners never missed a beat. They text and even though I am anxious to get back to my team and clients, my owners are not taking chances and giving me ample time to get better.

Cons

The hiring pool is dried up and although I have no. Complaints about the pay, I feel we loose alot of potential hires because we are hourly and explaining the extra pay can be quite cumbersome.

Great Clips Response

Thank you for being a part of our great community of stylists and managers!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,523 Reviews