GreyOrange Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

GreyOrange Reviews

Updated Dec 12, 2019

3.9
GreyOrange Co-Founder and CEO Samay Kohli (no image)
Samay Kohli
Pros
  • "Working environment is very pretty and leadership is too Good(in 19 reviews)

• "Work culture is great and the kind of global exposure one gets is beyond words(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  1. "4 yrs in GreyOrange : A great place to learn and explore new things"

Current Employee - Technical Architect in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at GreyOrange full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

In the last 4 years in R&D, Mechanical Engineering, I have seen the company growing from a little over 150 employees to a current strength of more than 650 employees. And I have loved my journey so far in GreyOrange, and am still loving it! 1. We have a cross functional team structure in GreyOrange, that means that a person belonging to any domain, be it Mechanical or EEE or Embedded gets an exposure to all... the domains rather than just the domain that he/she belongs to. He/she will have frequent interaction with people of multiple domains, because ours is an electro-mechanical system and governed by software developed in-house. 2. There is not much hierarchy in GreyOrange, which makes everyone easily approachable, be it someone from the HR (we call them People Ops here), or Finance or any other team 3. Flexi-timing makes life easier. One can follow one's own time schedule. 4. Transparency in feedback system, through 360 degree feedback policy (i.e. feedback from subordinates, peers, seniors and other stakeholders who work with the employee on a daily basis), frequent 1-on-1 sessions with managers etc prevent last minute surprises during the annual appraisal process. 5. Even for the awards and recognition, there is a good debate on the names so that only deserving people get the awards. 6. The company is spreading its wings in all developing and developed nations, and has recently opened an R&D in Boston and a production unit in Atlanta also. So, one can expect to get a chance to interact with people from multiple geographies while working in GreyOrange. 7. We have frequent team outings which help us maintain a good work-life balance and relieve stress despite a tight work schedule.

Cons

GreyOrange is definitely not a place for you if... 1. you want a work life without any challenges. We are solving real life warehouse problems in GreyOrange. And at times, we have to be on our toes if there is any issue with our system at customer's site. Customers problem is our problem. 2. you want a 9 to 5 job. You can come at 10 am and leave by 4pm, or you can work from home sometimes or you may have to spend... 12 hours on a few days when something needs to be resolved urgently. 3. you don't like Gurgaon, the Millennium city. I personally don't like Gurgaon that much ;)

GreyOrange2019-12-11
  2. "Head"

I worked at GreyOrange full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice offices, glamour, young minds, travel frees to US

Cons

No long term goals Poor product performance 99% fire fighting highly operation centric and blur vision of Management

Advice to Management

Sit back relax and do right things

GreyOrange2019-12-12
  3. "Dont join if you are experienced"

I worked at GreyOrange

Pros

Flexible time and Better salary. If you are a fresher, you can learn a lot.

Cons

Day and Night site support. Zero job security. No respect of person or work. If you are experienced, you would live in tension. Even good performers are fired in probation period. Join only if you can afford the same.

Advice to Management

Respect person and work. Give assurance of job security.

GreyOrange2019-11-29

"Focusing on Technology & Team, best Company to work for"

Current Employee - Supplier Quality Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at GreyOrange full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong Technical product & grip on market Learning opportunity Strong focus on people's development

Cons

Very Fast paced & new challenges everyday

Advice to Management

Continue doing the best, you always let us feel like a family.

GreyOrange2019-10-19
  5. "One of the Great Places to work for!"

I have been working at GreyOrange full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Culture, passionate colleagues with varied experiences and backgrounds, inspiring leaders, work life balance, flexi working hours, a good mix of benefits. All in all, GreyOrange is for those who challenge and push themselves to do better each day, live by 8 culture codes day in and day out, seek feedback and work on it to be better next day.

Cons

Like any other startup, we as an organization should move from ambiguity to bit of structured processes. Rest all is great

GreyOrange2019-10-22
  6. "Bad culture, worst leadership"

I worked at GreyOrange

Pros

Few passionate people motivates you to work harder

Cons

No direction , no vision Leadership support is missing Unnecessary hierarchy slowing down the company Product management team has no clarity what they want to build No respect for each other

Advice to Management

Take a pause

GreyOrange2019-11-23

"A Vibrant place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Senior Mechanical Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at GreyOrange full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1) For a mechanical design engineer there is a gamut of projects with focus on: electromechanical design, plastics-injection molding-vacuum forming, mechanisms, structural components-casting-machining and the rest can be summed with sheet metal designing. 2) There is a well stocked prototyping workshop at our disposal with a 3 axis VMC, TIG & MIG welding setup, NC drilling, electric band saw and... FDM to name a few machines. They have also acquired decent metrology equipment. 3) There is an active effort by the engineering manager and team leads to foster a sense of belongingness amongst all in the mechanical function. We have our outings and weekly meetings which can be fun. 4 ) The company is actively ramping up its patent portfolio so there is a conducive environment towards innovation. 5) The office space is second to none! It can spoil you actually :P 6) I have been lucky to be rewarded with a few awards . We don't see just the seniors getting all the recognition. It shows that the company is appreciative of genuine effort at whichever level it manifests. 7) Supplementing my 6th point, the same goes with promotions. If you do good work, it reflects in your review. Doesn't depend on anything else. 8) Ive had a very pleasant experience with HR. The business partner of R&D engineers- Harleen is very approachable and receptive. When there is a genuine cause for some assistance she makes sure that the employee is afforded with all the possible help.

Cons

1) Effort towards technical capability building of engineers and teams needs improvement.

GreyOrange2019-10-07

"Best Company"

I worked at GreyOrange full-time for less than a year

Pros

Best Company in all manner.

Cons

No cons as of now.

GreyOrange2019-09-18

"Financial Controller team"

Current Employee - Assistant Finance Controller in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at GreyOrange full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

In few words the pros of working with Grey Orange is Empowerment to take the right decisions, Flexibility in terms of proposing and making changes in polices, if justified and rationalized, Leaders are approachable and open for discussion on policy issues without any reservations. Another big thing is that Company's culture is not allowed any kind of politics which actually help people in learning and growing... within the Organisation. There is right set of people with good experience and mindset who are transparent in giving and taking the feedback.

Cons

Associated with Company for more than 5 years but did not find any issue so far.

Advice to Management

Remain approachable with positive thinking and transparent in giving and taking the feedback on regular intervals.

GreyOrange2019-09-18

""Great place to work and learn""

Current Employee - Senior Engineer - SCM in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at GreyOrange full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been working at GreyOrange more than three years and feel that this is good platform to gain knowledge & experience. Good atmosphere with great work culture. Analytical way of working, work on latest software's, good salary,increment policies & other benefits. Overall an amazing platform for talented peoples.

Cons

Work life balance is not so good, long working hours.

Advice to Management

Happy with management decisions, Keep up the good work!

GreyOrange2019-09-17