Guidepoint Employee Reviews about "guidepoint"

Updated Nov 25, 2021

Found 46 of over 510 reviews

3.7
Guidepoint CEO Albert Sebag
Albert Sebag
Pros
  • "Great work environment, Competitive salaries, Teamwork(in 27 reviews)

• "Highly recommend Guidepoint to anyone who wants to join the client service team in Hong Kong(in 26 reviews)

• Cons
  • "You will learn very little at Guidepoint(in 29 reviews)

• "Work/life balance can be difficult across the industry(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "guidepoint"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 3 years

Excellent Experience

Oct 16, 2019 - Senior Consultant in Hyderābād
      Business Outlook

Pros

Have consulted clients referred by Guidepoint in the arena of Defense & Aerospace. Good inputs. Got my payments well in time. Overall an excellent experience

Cons

No cons and I found all to be okay

2. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

How I got the worst experience

Nov 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Moscow, Moskva
      Business Outlook

Pros

It will be a rewarding experience. And I can help companies by consulting in my area. But I was wrong! This village company Guidepoint will humiliate you! The first humiliation during the consultation. Nobody prepares you for what will be there! None of the Guidepoint staff wants to create a proper meeting and prepare the participants (expectations and questions). Second humiliation after consultation. You will remind them to pay over and over again. And they will ask the same questions every time and not make a payment.

Cons

I totally don’t recommend contacting Guidepoint!

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing team, great work environment

Aug 29, 2021 - Research Associate in Hong Kong
      Business Outlook

Pros

The most amazing team I have ever worked with! Highly recommend Guidepoint to anyone who wants to join the client service team in Hong Kong.

Cons

Lack of clear career path

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Guidepoint has been making great strides and progress within the information technology field in recent years.

Aug 4, 2021 - Lead Engineer/Technologist in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employee who is passionate about ​technology, would gain valuable experience after working with latest tech stacks and gain real life experience after working in a modern day IT department. Guidepoint IT department has great upper and middle tier management as well as lots of talented developers specializing in a great spectrum of technology stacks. Opportunity to learn latest cutting edge technologies. Good place for advancement.

Cons

Can slightly improve in recruitment process by covering a wider ranger of possible candidates. From US and perhaps from other countries?

5. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Great organization

Jun 9, 2021 - Consultant in Charleston, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

At Guidepoint, I am able to choose my schedule and contracts.

Cons

I wish there were more contracts.

6. 5.0

Nice Plays, Colleagues, Amazing Working Environment

Jun 6, 2021 - Associate in Athens, Attica
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing working environment. VP of Athens is an amazing individual, he has made an excellent job making the working environment to be awesome. - Nice colleague. While I was in Guidepoint I must say that all my colleagues were amazing professionals: diligent, solitary, responsible. Also, most of them are below 30, this is not a good or bad feature, is just a fact.

Cons

- I would say that perhaps the only bad thing is that this is a job that can get very repetitive and a bit boring. But, some people may find it entertaining.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! Terrible job.

Jun 3, 2021 - Client Service Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Smart, young, competent employees - Interesting exposure to many industries -Great 401K match (10%) - Growing industry (doing well because of Covid)

Cons

-Overworked (told I am not allowed to take a lunch, told I am not allowed to log off on time at the end of the day, work 8:30-7:30 most days). Associates are constantly stretched thin and burnt out. Hard to work so much for only 55K. - Client Service Associate= LinkedIn recruiter. You spend all day surfing LinkedIn and messaging people. You send thousands of messages a week. - Everyone thinks Guidepoint is a scam. I spent a lot of time conviving people Guidepoint is legitimate. Also, Guidepoint is very secretive, we are told to keep project intentions secret. - No overtime compensation and there is a very minimal reward for completing projects/ recruiting leads. The bonus is a bracket system, it is very minimal and no incentive to go beyond. -Company seems to prey on recent graduates from XYZ schools that were involved in sports, greek life, etc., and convince them this company is great. A lot of times this company is sold as a "consulting" career, in reality, you are just a LinkedIn bot. -High turnover rate- there is a reason everyone leaves after 0-2 years... -No prospect of growth, being a Research Manager or Project Manager is barely an upgrade. There is little monetary gain for these positions and you essentially do the same job. -They rank all the associates every week in an email that gets sent to everyone, this seems to be a very questionable practice. -Very high stress, everyone is on edge and everything needs to be done instantaneously.

14 people found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ok First Job

Mar 19, 2021 - Research Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Reasonable salary for a recent grad

Cons

Doesn’t help you to develop many relevant skills. You will learn very little at Guidepoint

9. 4.0

Great company

Feb 16, 2021 - Vice President Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Guidepoint has very impressive SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) and a clean, organized proposal process. Company culture is very positive and it is a great place for recent college grads to learn a lot about business, sales, marketing

Cons

Not as well known as key competitors, especially on the west coast

10. 5.0