HairClub Employee Reviews about "great company"

Updated 22 Jan 2019

4.0
HairClub President and CEO Mike Nassar
Mike Nassar
Pros
  • "We get to help people feel more confident with themselves(in 29 reviews)

• "Long term employees show that it’s a great company(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "You have to not mind working Saturdays(in 28 reviews)

• "Man agent speaking another language in with other stylist making you feel like there talking about you(in 24 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great company"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company to be a part of"

Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at HairClub full-time for less than a year

Pros

Long term employees show that it’s a great company

Cons

No cons as of yet

January 26, 2019President & COO

Welcome to the Company! I hope that things get even better for you! I'd love to hear from you as your career with Hair Club progresses.

2. "Anonymous Employee"

I have been working at HairClub full-time

Pros

Very rewarding Good compensation Closed all holidays Helpful, positive and encouraging leadership Regular training Great company culture Hair Club For Kids charity to be proud of

Cons

8 am starts on Saturdays are a bit tough

September 28, 2018President & COO

Thank you for the feedback! We'll look into later Saturday starts as long as it doesn't compromise our Client Experience.

3. "Great company, keep listening to us!"

I have been working at HairClub full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company, benefits, upper management and culture. Upper management is down to earth and approachable. I love helping people! We change lives.

Cons

Turnover. We are losing great people because of direct management. People are afraid to speak up because of repercussions. It makes for a stressful environment, even though I love the company!

January 8, 2019President & COO

We'll keep listening. Thank you for the feedback!

"Overall a great company, but some kinks to work out!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at HairClub full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been with the company for multiple years and it truly feels like family to me. This is not something you hear a lot, but the people and the culture are the main reason why most people stay with Hair Club. This company truly cares about changing people's lives. The company is very supportive of having a fun, safe and healthy environment and the work/life balance is great. Corporate employees get free hair services. Upper management doesn't feel like upper management, as they treat everyone equally. Additionally, they have a great open door policy, so it never feels like someone is unapproachable. There's a lot of opportunities to volunteer within the community, a lot of fun events and celebrations. Healthy snacks and coffee are always available. Overall, its a great company to work for, but there are some kinks to be worked out.

Cons

- Corporate employee salaries are not competitive for the industry, hence the high turnover. - Holidays and sick days are deducted from accrued PTO - Not a lot of room for growth - Annual raises are only 3%

August 18, 2018President & COO

Thank you for all the feedback! I'd love to hear directly from you to discuss things. You know where to find me! Let's keep growing, together!

5. "Center Manager"

Current Employee - Center Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at HairClub full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company, always growing and keeping up with the trends. This Company has given me so many opportunities in the 4 years I have been here and my coworkers are like my family. Cares about employees thoughts/opinions. Amazing president Mike Nassar who continues to make Hairclub a great place to work.

Cons

No cons-some say working Saturdays but I have to say I love having Mondays to do my adulting.

August 18, 2018President & COO

Thank you for the kind comments! We appreciate you and everything you've done for the Company! Keep up the great work!

"A+ company to work for!"

I have been working at HairClub full-time

Pros

Excellent pay plus great benefits! A fun company that cares about their employees! Always off on Sundays and Mondays! Bonuses and fun competitions between centers! Paid training and vacations! Free products and services plus discounts for friends & family! Always opportunities for advancement! Salon business atmosphere! Overall a great company to work for!

Cons

Saturdays, but you are off by 4pm!

February 3, 2018President & COO

Awesome, glad you like it!

"National Salon Support"

Current Intern - National Salon Support in Ontario, CA

I have been working at HairClub for more than 5 years

Pros

Hair Club is a great company! I started out as a part time stylist and have grown into my current position. During my career at Hair Club I have been given quality guidance and ample opportunity as I held different roles. My creativity is valued at Hair Club and you can't beat that.

Cons

When you love what you do and you take part in changing people's lives, it never feels like work. I haven't experienced a con.

8. "Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

I have been working at HairClub full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Company to work for!

Cons

None to report at this time.

June 19, 2017MARKETING MANAGER

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! We greatly appreciate the feedback!.

"Other companies do not compare..."

Center Manager in Oxnard, CA

I have been working at HairClub

Pros

When I first started I was skeptical (too good to be true) type scenario. Once I started training everybody I was meeting would introduce themselves and tell me how long they have been with the company (which says a lot) I knew I had chosen a great company when everybody I met worked a minimum of 5 years. Everybody was here for 10+ years!! That being said I have never worked for a company that has been so giving, thoughtful, considerate and respectful. Everyone treats each other like family and close friends. Their is a tremendous amount of loyalty, training and personal growth that takes place within in our company. I could not have asked for a better establishment to grow in. Just like any company if you want to grow and promote yourself you need to put in the work, but you will have a whole team behind you helping you if that is truly what you want. If you want to further your career their is opportunity here, if you want to help others - we do that too! You don't ever want to work Holidays? Great, neither do we and we DONT, Do you want great benefits? 401 k? Short/long term benefits? Good because that's what we get! Great training, staff, incentives, great way to give back and cherry on top --great pay.

Cons

I have no come across a single con

January 26, 2017CEO

Thank you for your feedback.

10. "Center Administrator"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tulsa, OK

I worked at HairClub full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Company to work for

Cons

Communication is always very good

April 11, 2016MARKETING MANAGER

Thank you for your suggestion. You are absolutely correct - communication is essential to the growth and success of any company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 English Reviews