HairClub Employee Reviews about "working saturdays"

Updated 26 Nov 2018

3.9
HairClub President and CEO Mike Nassar
Mike Nassar
Pros
  • "We get to help people feel more confident with themselves(in 29 reviews)

• "Long term employees show that it’s a great company(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "You have to not mind working Saturdays(in 28 reviews)

• "Man agent speaking another language in with other stylist making you feel like there talking about you(in 24 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "working saturdays"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "I still love coming to work!"

Current Employee - Center Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at HairClub full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

-Hair Club really cares about its employees. -Competitive pay. -Leadership that makes sure you have all the tools needed to succeed. -Growing company that cares about being the best and delivering the best to our clients.

Cons

Only thing I can remotely think of is having to work Saturdays.

January 8, 2019President & COO

Thank you for all your efforts and this great review!

"Fall in Love with Working When You Work Here!"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at HairClub full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Innovative and creative environment, accountability for performance pushes me to constantly do better, work doesn't typically follow any of us home, awesome and generous PTO (after 13+ years of employment I have enough time to take 4-5 vacations a year!), helping clients look better is FUN, we can get our hair done at work by some of the best stylists in the world, our meetings and trainings are first-class, each location is a team environment, being off on Mondays is great for a football fan, there's plenty of opportunity for growth with supportive management to help along the way

Cons

Working on Saturdays can be a lifestyle adjustment

September 28, 2018President & COO

Glad you love it! We appreciate you!

"Amazing Career Opportunities"

I have been working at HairClub full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked for Hair Club for 23 years. People often tell me they have never met someone that loves their company as much as I do after so many years. I tell them to spend one day at Hair Club and they will see why. The compensation, hours and benefits are great but even more rewarding are the people I work with and our amazing clients. The countless heartwarming stories and watching our staff go above and beyond to make our clients' dreams come true is so gratifying. I have met some of my closest friends through Hair Club and I will forever be grateful for the opportunities they have given me.

Cons

Working on Saturdays is a part of this industry and can be a con at times; however, having Mondays off does have its benefits with making appointments, running errands, etc. Saturday start time is 8:00 AM which means getting to work at 7:30 AM. A start time of 9:00 AM on Saturdays would be awesome. Thank you to management for helping address this concern by recently sprinkling in some random Saturdays off throughout the year.

September 28, 2018President & COO

Thank you for your many years of service and your never-ending wisdom! We very much appreciate you!

4. "CSC"

Current Employee - CSC in Montreal, QC

I have been working at HairClub full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team, even in other centers, everyone comes together to help each other out! Great training opportunities, and movement in the company! Great and happy environment, and best of all, you get to help change peoples lives for the better! :)

Cons

My only complaint is working Saturdays. There are pros and cons to not working Mondays, but as I have a small child at home, sometimes its challenging. Overall, no other complaints :)

May 13, 2019President & COO

Awesome feedback! Thank you!

5. "Great Culture !"

Current Employee - Management in Toronto, ON

I have been working at HairClub full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Hair Club offers great support to their employees from day one. From ongoing training opportunities and available online courses, HC ensures you a set up for success. The culture is amazing! The work hard play hard motto is evident with fun trips and activities happening all year long. If you are looking for a challenging yet rewarding career where you can have fun and help others, look no further

Cons

The only downside I can think of is having to work Saturdays.

6. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Stylist Supervisor in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at HairClub full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Hair club spends a lot of time educating and growing their employees, because they truly care about them and want them to succeed and grow. They offer a good amount of vacation time and full benefits.

Cons

You have to not mind working Saturdays.

November 12, 2018President & COO

Glad you're here and thank you so much for the feedback!

7. "Hair club"

Current Employee - Licensed Cosmetologist

I have been working at HairClub full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Amazing company! Been with them for 25 yrs and still love it. They are consistently doing continuing education classes.

Cons

Downside?? We work Saturdays. Would prefer Monday through Friday. But that is the life of a cosmetologist

8. "Center Manager"

Current Employee - Center Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at HairClub full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company, always growing and keeping up with the trends. This Company has given me so many opportunities in the 4 years I have been here and my coworkers are like my family. Cares about employees thoughts/opinions. Amazing president Mike Nassar who continues to make Hairclub a great place to work.

Cons

No cons-some say working Saturdays but I have to say I love having Mondays to do my adulting.

August 18, 2018President & COO

Thank you for the kind comments! We appreciate you and everything you've done for the Company! Keep up the great work!

9. "Best career decision ever"

I have been working at HairClub full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Hair Club is my 2nd family. The people, culture and balance of work and home are just right. Not many people can say they get to help people look and feel good and make a nice income at the same time. Thank you HC for making my dreams come true.

Cons

Sometimes working on Saturdays, but you get Monday’s.

August 18, 2018President & COO

Thank you for the positive feedback! Hair Club expansion plans are exciting! Stay tuned..

10. "Blessed to work for HairClub"

Current Employee - Image Consultant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at HairClub full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I joined Hair Club 3 years ago and it truly has been such a huge blessing in my life personally and professionally. The company is extremely supportive and having the opportunities to change peoples lives daily is beyond rewarding! The company is so supportive of work /life balance and that is huge for me as a single mom. This career has afforded me a better quality of life and you cant put a price on that!!! I have made forever friendships and developed so much professionally from all the training I have received. I love that I can advance and have a long term career with HairClub.

Cons

The schedule was an adjustment to working on Saturdays but in reality I have enjoyed it more. It allows me to take care of personal matters on Mondays when I'm off instead of having to use a PTO day. Instead I can use my time for fun memories and time with my Daughter.

August 18, 2018President & COO

Thank you for opening up and providing this feedback! Your thoughts are welcomed and appreciated! Keep growing with us!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 English Reviews