Harbor Freight Tools Assistant Store Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Found 40 reviews

3.6
Harbor Freight Tools CEO Eric Smidt
Eric Smidt

"Great opportunities and great Benefits"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Sheboygan, WI

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time for more than a year

Pros

Harbor freight is a private company that cares about your development. They focus on employees work life balance Harbor freight is opening a new store every 3 days which transpired to a high amount of opportunity growth.

Cons

Not much for cons. If you show up with a great attitude you will be rewarded.

Advice to Management

Keep on improving processes and procedures.

Harbor Freight Tools2018-11-02

November 14, 2018Employment Branding Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We agree that there are so many opportunities for growth at Harbor Freight Tools. We look forward to watching you grow with our hardworking team!

"Private company opening a new store every 3 days"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager Sales in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time for more than a year

Pros

They are always looking for great talent and they’re willing to teach you everything to get you where you wanna be. They pay well for assistance drive manager. They have a good bone structure. It’s a private company so they make decisions Every year from Associates survey to help improve work life balance and recognition. Great health care and vacation benifits.

Cons

You need a wide open availability. Which is not a problem for me but something something people should be aware of.

Advice to Management

We should be closed on Easter and 4th of July.

Harbor Freight Tools2018-08-15

November 14, 2018Employment Branding Specialist

We greatly appreciate you sharing your detailed feedback and are happy that you're enjoying your time with Harbor Freight Tools! Thanks for being a part of the team in Oshkosh; we look forward to your growth here with us.

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I worked at Harbor Freight Tools full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay, Bonuses, Training, Benefits Pkg, PTO

Cons

Huge turnover, new hires are not scheduled enough time to do their online training, Once you hit the top of the pay scale...they push you out.

Advice to Management

They know...they're told about it all of the time

Harbor Freight Tools2018-08-09

November 14, 2018Employment Branding Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback for Harbor Freight Tools. One of our Core Values is continuous improvement, and we appreciate you helping us by mentioning our areas of improvement. We are looking closely at our training and strive to be a great place to work ...

"dishonest and cutthroat"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Harbor Freight Tools full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

discount, PTO and 401k is not bad

Cons

Leadership is dishonest and cutthroat and they will not stand behind you even if you are doing what your told by the leadership.

Advice to Management

Know the SOP by hart and keep a log of each leader that tell's you to step out side of the SOP and find away into the good old boy club.

Harbor Freight Tools2018-04-03

April 9, 2018Employment Branding Specialist

Sorry to hear you didn't have the experience you wanted at Harbor Freight Tools, but we wish you the best in your future career. We will share this feedback with the appropriate team members, to help us in our continuous improvement.

"Low pay for hard work"

Assistant Store Manager in Orem, UT

I worked at Harbor Freight Tools for more than 3 years

Pros

Harbor Freight give some people a chance when other employers might not. They do not discriminate by how someone looks or how they dress.

Cons

Low close to minimum wag and hard warehouse work, over night, and odd hours. They expect what is unachievable at times.

Advice to Management

Pay more to get better quality people. Promote from within, they are the ones that work hard to get into high paying positions. They are the ones vested in the company.

Harbor Freight Tools2017-11-30

December 27, 2017Employment Branding Specialist

Thank you so much for your feedback and we're sorry you did not have the experience that you desired at Harbor Freight Tools. We will be sharing this with the appropriate team members, and we wish you the best of luck in your career journey!

"A Difficult Place to Work For"

Former Employee - ASM- Assistant Store Manager in Visalia, CA

I worked at Harbor Freight Tools full-time for more than a year

Pros

great pay, i was able to hire people who were hard workers in an attempt to better the work atmosphere

Cons

lots of backstabbing, lots of relationships that made it difficult to come to work from outside the little cliques, upper management outside of store uninterested in truths or whats actually happening, just want to sweep problems under the rug and are unhelpful to store level management. could not believe that a group of people could continue to lie to hr and get multiple people fired because of their lies

Advice to Management

allow store management more control of firing problem employees. when their hands are tied, employees will continue to cause problems and then the good people leave and become unhappy because of the hostile working conditions

Harbor Freight Tools2017-09-05

"Great place to work to get your start in retail managment"

Former Employee - ASM- Assistant Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Harbor Freight Tools full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun hard work but worth it

Cons

unstable hours and can be physically hard

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the workers

Harbor Freight Tools2017-06-15

August 12, 2017Director of Talent Acquisition

We are all working so hard to make Harbor Freight a Great Place to work and shop. Over the past few years we have made some big changes to the way we operate and how we recognize our associates and we have more to do. As you know we are committed to constantly improving our processes ...

"Growing to fast."

Assistant Store Manager

I worked at Harbor Freight Tools for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay was relatively fair towards the end. Most of the customers were pretty friendly. Co workers were good as a rule.

Cons

Still not enough for the constant changes the company tried to implement. Several things rolled out with not enough testing. Management directly above store level seemed very narrow minded and not open to discussion. SOP is king unless they decide it's ok to break the rule per them. You, on the other hand would be written up.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes. You want feedback but only if it correlates to what you want to hear.

Harbor Freight Tools2017-02-10

March 13, 2017Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your time with Harbor Freight, we greatly appreciate all you and the store team did and are doing to make Harbor Freight a Great Place to Work. We will make sure to share your feedback with the appropriate team members and thank you for sharing. All the best on your ...

"Horrible environment"

Former Employee - Merchandising Assistant Store Manager in Homewood, AL

I worked at Harbor Freight Tools full-time for more than a year

Pros

Rate of pay is good. Benefits are good. Bonus is hard to achieve but when you can achieve it, it's good.

Cons

Upper management has created an atmosphere where more people are working out of fear of consequences than they are of desire to do a good job.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your direct reports as an inferior species. Be thankful for results and understand that sometimes your processes are broken. Understand that sometimes your people have to deviate to obtain results

Harbor Freight Tools2016-11-07

August 12, 2017Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your time with Harbor Freight Tools! We are working very hard to be a better place to work and shop and couldn't do it without our AWESOME associates around the country. We are committed to constant improvement and making sure that our associates are happy and learning ...

"Great company to work for"

Assistant Store Manager Operations

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools

Pros

great home/work life balance Competitive pay Strong focus on people development

Cons

I really don't have any cons I love working for harbor freight.

Advice to Management

Upper management is consistently changing and innovating processes to optimize the business. The changes they make are well planned and thought out and always seem so make tasks easier to execute at a high level.

Harbor Freight Tools2016-09-07

August 12, 2017Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for all you and the team do to make Harbor Freight Tools a great place to work and shop. As you know we are committed to constantly improving our processes and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we will make sure to share it with the appropriate team ...

Found 40 reviews