Havkins Rosenfeld Ritzert & Varriale Reviews

Updated 27 Dec 2020

2.2
Havkins Rosenfeld Ritzert & Varriale Managing Partner Steven H. Rosenfeld
Steven H. Rosenfeld
  1. "A decent work environment"

4.0
    Former Employee - Litigation Paralegal in New York, NY

I worked at Havkins Rosenfeld Ritzert & Varriale full-time for more than a year

Pros

It helped paid the bills

Cons

The pay was decent but for a defense firm their benefits for staff isn't that good. There's allot of office gossip.

2. "Beware"

Current Employee - Clerical in Mineola, NY

I have been working at Havkins Rosenfeld Ritzert & Varriale full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are none stay away

Cons

Everything about this place is a disaster

3. "Terrible place to work"

Former Employee - Litigation Paralegal in Mineola, NY

I worked at Havkins Rosenfeld Ritzert & Varriale full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dress code was very lax- maybe too lax for some

Cons

If you want high blood pressure work here. LI management needs psychiatric help.

"Save yourself"

Former Employee - Associate
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Havkins Rosenfeld Ritzert & Varriale full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unfortunately can't think of not one pro.

Cons

Low pay, horrible leadership, the law firm is a constance revolving door of people quitting

"RUN!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mineola, NY

I worked at Havkins Rosenfeld Ritzert & Varriale full-time

Pros

Casual dress is totally permissible.

Cons

The LI office is completely toxic. From the head partner who on day 1 tells you to start plugging away at your billables and threatens staff to her underling partner who manages you from her cell phone as she ducts out to go home and play with her kids.

Continue reading

"A wonderful place to grow as a young attorney"

5.0
    Former Employee - Attorney in White Plains, NY

I worked at Havkins Rosenfeld Ritzert & Varriale full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Wonderful mentors. The partners are willing to teach the associates, and give the associates the guidance but also freedom to hone their skillset. - Fair compensation - Respect for work-life balance. It seems that every law firm talks about work-life balance, but HRRV actually practices it. - Open communications. I have never once felt uncomfortable communicating any issues with the partners.

Cons

I do not have any complaints about my tenure at HRRV.

"Paralegal NY office"

4.0
    Former Employee - Paralegal in New York, NY

I worked at Havkins Rosenfeld Ritzert & Varriale full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work at HR RV for over a year and loved it there. The female partner in the New York office what is the most amazing person I’ve ever worked with.She is the most kindest, intelligent,Hard-working attorney I have ever worked with in my entire career. I learned so much from her and she was amazing with questions. She is willing to help anyone who wants to be helped. She was always happy to answer my questions anytime. The three associates I worked with my entire time there were amazing and extremely intelligent and hard-working. The counsel in Long Island that worked with the New York partners was a pleasure to work with, hard-working and extremely intelligent as well. She was always on top of her work

Cons

Office management, managing partner and some of the legal staff Were the most unprofessional people I ever encountered in my career. They were bullies, not intelligent at all, didn’t care about anyone but their favorites. Anytime I had an issue I didn’t even bother going to them because they would never never listen to me and side with the person who is the bully and who is unprofessional because they were scared to confront those people

Continue reading

"Constructive Critisism That Will Undoubtedly Be Ignored"

2.0
    Former Employee - Legal Assistant

I worked at Havkins Rosenfeld Ritzert & Varriale full-time

Pros

The best reasons for working there is that the dress code is relaxed, the overall atmosphere is relaxed and, for the most part, and there is an ability to get along with, or avoid, your co-workers, as the case may be.

Cons

Achievements by support staff are rarely recognized, but make a mistake and the entire company will be whispering about it. The screening process of new hires really needs work; the people who are in charge of interviewing and hiring decisions are ill-equipped. When I worked there, the office managers had little to no experience in a legal office, which meant that people were hired for positions that they were ill-equipped to handle not only in actual work experience, but also in terms of people skills and the legal and ethical responsibilities of their positions, which makes the job of the more knowledgeable, experienced workers more stressful. I also noticed that those ill-equipped "managers" have a hard time with self-reflection; they hate to admit that particular hiring decisions may have been a mistake and cut their losses, so they continue to employ people who are only there to collect a paycheck, but have no real desire to learn, nor did they demonstrate a desire or ability to "fake it till they make it, which makes the more eager and experienced workers jump ship, out of resentment, at the first opportunity.

Continue reading

"Great place to work and learn"

5.0
    Former Employee - Associate Attorney in White Plains, NY

I worked at Havkins Rosenfeld Ritzert & Varriale full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I started at Havkins as a summer associate. After law school, I returned as a full time attorney. During my two years as an attorney, I was given access to mentors (Partners and Counsel) that taught me how to practice law in New York. Truly. The Partners are always available to discuss the cases, factual patterns, legal theories, etc. I've never been turned away--even to discuss a minor issue. This is necessary, as once you've proven you're able to handle your own case load, you will work the files as if they are your own. This firm is excellent with respect to allowing you to "supervise" yourself, so long as all is well. I found that once I was able to "work" a file, I wouldn't need to speak to the Partners as frequently about handling basic discovery issues, dealing with plaintiff's counsel, and even settlement negotiations. You become part of the team and you are trusted to complete your duties. I also note that the Partners are truly invested in your growth and success. They actually care about you and your family, and frequently ask about the well-being of both! The work-life balance is also quite good. As an attorney, so long as you are on top of your workload (and billing your hours--which isn't that hard to do once you have a normal case load) you are free to work from home after court appearances. I never had a vacation/time-off request denied. The dress code, assuming you're not in court or meeting a client, is business casual--but closer to casual that business. While this is a minor consideration for some, I very much appreciated it. The Firm also sponsors team lunches, outings, sports events, and holiday parties. It's fair to say that at least once a month in the White Plains office, the firm provided lunch for the entire office. What's more--the office would stay together to share the meal rather than taking their food back to their desks. Furthermore, the supporting staff are friendly and pleasant to work with. I've made friends with many of them and still stay in touch despite no longer working at HRRV. All in all, HRRV is the place to work if you are willing to invest in yourself. I would comment on salary, but it's based on experience. I was happy with my salary given I was fresh out of law school.

Cons

For an associate with two years experience, I have no cons to mention. However, make sure you are honest with your Partners about your workload and your ability to manage it. If you say nothing, you may be stuck with too much or too little to do. Just be honest with them. They are not looking to crush you with work, but they don't want you twiddling your thumbs either.

"Office services"

Former Employee - Office Services in Mineola, NY

I worked at Havkins Rosenfeld Ritzert & Varriale full-time

Pros

Absolutely no pros to this place

Cons

Stay away from this company they do not know how to run a law firm. High turnover; Rude LI partner who not only talks to you like you’re 5 years old but will also belittle you in front of others. They hire people who do not have a shred of experience.. When you hand your resignation they will increase your workload ten fold LI partner then completely cuts you off and ignores you unless it’s to blame you for HER mistakes. Since I’ve been there we have only ever had 3 company meetings and two of those were for them to tell us how bad we were doing at our jobs. They often post fake reviews to try to counterbalance the negative reviews.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 English Reviews