Heritage Education Funds Reviews

Updated 18 Jul 2019

3.5
Heritage Education Funds President & CEO Jason R.B. Maguire (no image)
Jason R.B. Maguire

"Great company to grow with!"

Former Employee - Operations Associate in North York, ON

I worked at Heritage Education Funds full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity to grow with time, effort and commitment. Throughout my experience I worked in Customer service, Agency Service and was also promoted within Agency Services. Although I decided to pursue my career in Marketing elsewhere, I had lots of support from my management and senior leader.

Cons

Lack of HR support. Because the business is ran by the 3 owners, I find that sometimes it hard for them to make decisions which takes longer to get things done.

Continue reading
  2. "Boring Company that pays alright"

Former Employee - Operations Associate in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Heritage Education Funds part-time for less than a year

Pros

team is good work life balance is good as well the pay is decent

Cons

work is very routine not much opportunity for improvement

"Great company, thought mentoring leadership with an excellent overall office ambiance - very little politics!"

Current Employee - Dealing Representative in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time for more than a year

Pros

Grass roots oriented. Very entrepreneurial/start-up like business setting as first glance.

Cons

Could have better support for sales field. Growing too fast - short staffed.

"It is a good choice."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds part-time for less than a year

Pros

You have flexible time , you can help your clients' children to achieve their university dreams. They can get better return compare to other RESP plans.

Cons

Sometimes they make mistakes when they sent email to us, I prefer to say noting bad to my company. I am satisfied about the company.

5. "Heritage Education Funds offers a solid product however takes time to get going."

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The best part of the job is that you can have the freedom to work the job when you want. It can be rewarded once you have a clientel base underneath you. Great as a part time position, but difficult if pursuing full time employment. Can pay very well if you work hard at it.

Cons

Heritage is a commision based position in which what you put into it is what you get out of it. The first years are difficult because you must prospect your own leads, market your own product, and follow up with clients. It is the all in one sales position. Diffucult to develop in the first 3 years, smooths out out once you have a clientel.

Continue reading
  6. "Great for young professionals or retiring professionals but not in between professionals"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Heritage Education Funds full-time

Pros

-good starting company -very relaxed environment -super friendly people -pretty easy going

Cons

-pay is quite low due to being a non-profit organization -contract based initial employment

Continue reading

"There is great income potential for those who have money to invest into their business."

Sales Representative in Saskatoon, SK

I worked at Heritage Education Funds

Pros

- Great income potential for successful candidates - Offering an outstanding product - Flexible hours and time off when needed

Cons

- VERY expensive to get started -VERY regulated.. can not advertise without sending all materials through compliance, can not have business cards made unless they are made through head office and they charge too much. -No help to gain leads for new reps -Rewards and recognition only kick in when you are at the very top of the company, so you have very little motivation from the team when its needed most - in the beginning.

Continue reading
  8. "A great part-time income source!"

4.0
    Sales Representative in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds

Pros

You have the ability to set your own hours,. There is an unlimited commission pay structure. There are really great promotions to encourage you to work hard and be productive. You get to work from home and set your own hours. Once you build a customer base you will have "bonus" babies to existing clients as well as referrals.

Cons

Flipside of commission - you are strictly on commission, you must pay for all of your own marketing materials. It's tough to get started without a doubt.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 28 reviews