Hike QA Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated May 3, 2015

4.3
Hike CEO Kavin Bharti Mittal
Kavin Bharti Mittal
  1. "Best place to work and learn practically"

Current Intern - QA Engineer Intern in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Hike for less than a year

Pros

-> Automicity to work independent. -> best place to learn. -> very Supportive Team. -> Flexible work timing and full support to new innovation and ideas.

Cons

sometimes a bit stressful but overall its a best place in India to learn and explore new things.

Hike2015-04-20

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Hike full-time for less than a year

Pros

> Immense scope for growth. You get to learn about the latest trends in the industry. > Flexible work hours > Breakfast, lunch and evening snacks provided free of cost > Flexibility in availing leaves > You get a Mac and a mobile of your choosing (upto a certain price limit)!

Cons

> Lack of guidance; so you might have to do little more research yourself for tasks > No cabs

Advice to Management

Please look into providing cabs, at least to and from the metro stations!

Hike2015-05-03

"Hike- a place where you learn, grow and turn out being best."

Current Employee - Software QA Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Hike full-time for less than a year

Pros

-->You get to know what all is happening and how company is operating. Great opportunities and experience. -->Learning atmosphere. Dedicated and happening colleagues. -->You get to work with latest technologies. -->Flexible work timings and transparent policies. -->No hierarchical structure. -->Work hard and party harder.

Cons

-->Sometime environment turn out to be noisy to concentrate upon work. -->If you fall back with your work, you will miss the train.

Advice to Management

1) Market release plans should be properly followed. 2)Proper implementation of designed plans should be taken care of.

Hike2015-04-18

"As good as it gets!!"

QA Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Hike for more than a year

Pros

--> Ample challenges and opportunities which pushes you to your limits and makes you thrive not only as an professional but also as an individual --> Work is not assigned at hike, instead responsibilities are assigned to you which makes you more responsible and mature as the impact your work has on the real world is humongous --> You get to work on latest technologies --> You could see how a company... and a brand is build from scratch, be it engineering and its challenges, product strategy, growth, marketing, PR etc etc. You get to participate and kept in loop about everything company has done and company is going to do. --> No hierarchy. You can even walk upto the CEO directly with any concern or ideas without any prior appointment. No Senior Software Engineer, No Junior Software engineer -nothing..just flat hierarchy. --> Free food, beverages, fruits, snacks and what not !! --> "User Experience is of utmost priority" is what everybody has in mind @hike while building a feature. Because of this approach you get to learn a lot about users. --> Great colleagues who are passionate and full of enthu. This creates a great working environment. --> Flexible work timings and No fixed leaves policy. --> Plenty of parties and outings.

Cons

--> The pace with which we move, makes it difficult to plan things very well in advance. Because of the same, we have to shuffle priorities and at times it makes things a little bit frustrating. --> Work-life balance could take a toll. But this comes naturally with a start-up. If your are good at handling work pressure, then only think about joining this organisation.

Advice to Management

--> Better product planning --> Implementation of processes to make the communication and work more efficient. I do understand that having plenty of processes becomes an overhead and makes the work-pace slow, but not having any or only few of them could make the work chaotic. --> You can't make each and every user happy. At times, we get so obsessed with making one or two users happy that we start... building their feature requests and miss on the other high priority , small and basic things.

Hike2015-03-29

"Good place to learn with the best and flexible working atmosphere"

I have been working at Hike full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work Environment is really good. You are solely judged only on your performance and not on other factors. Learning Experience (personal and professional) has been wonderful. People are really cooperative Engineers here are a part of the process where they are free to provide inputs to the PM Team. Flexible working hours.

Cons

Because the industry is changing so rapidly, it usually so happens that there is a sudden change in strategy, so last minute changes sometimes leads to communication gap between the squads.

Hike2015-02-22
  6. "A Happy place to work at with wonderful team..!!"

I have been working at Hike full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Amazing work culture -Lots of motivation factors. -A very cooperative and understanding team. - Understanding and motivating management people. -Happy go lucky environment and people. -Lots of learning opportunities. -People here never fails to share there knowledge and experience be it the fellow employees or anybody from management, which is something rare to see in corporates but is a general practice here.... -Though its not been long enough since I am here but I am already in love with this place.

Cons

-This place makes me happy and motivates to work better so can't see any cons in it.

Advice to Management

-Keep up the good work

Hike2015-02-07
  7. "A challenging yet enjoyable work environment at our hike."

I have been working at Hike full-time for less than a year

Pros

1.Supporting, smart coworkers who routinely share their knowledge to help others be successful. 2.Flexible and diverse work environment that accommodates employees' needs along with simultaneous realisation of company's mission. 3.Amazing perks and facilities . 4.Get to learn something new each day. 5.Good growth opportunities. 6. Opportunity to imbibe Team spirit and develop leadership. 7. Innovative and out... of box ideas adopted during planning and execution of new tasks. 8. Mutually rewarding experience. I thank the top management for their kind and considerate stewardship and for providing me with great learning platform that has helped me immensely in honing my skills related to testing and automation in first few months of my association with the company.

Cons

The developmental growth is very fast, so one perpetually needs to take initiatives to stay updated with everything that's happening in the company.

Advice to Management

Keep it simple.

Hike2014-11-04

"For devs its a good place to learn but as a QA am the same person as I was while joining."

I have been working at Hike full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great couleages , Flexible timings. (Not for QA) Unlimited leaves. (Very limited leaves for QA) Accessibility to higher management. (Not for QA) Work value. (Not for QA)

Cons

"No new learnings." 'Always' overoaded with work. No weekend life. Different and weird rules for QA team only as am living in British India. Poor approach to resolve any issue. Sometimes forced to work on useless things which no body caress of. Time boundations for QA team only.(If you come late it will be pointed out but if u leave late then no body cares) 'Nothing' to learn from team lead. Poor... appraisals. No mental peace.

Advice to Management

Look after the QA team and get timely feedback. Manager should be experienced with some expertise in him/her. Here is nothing we can learn from the lead. We love hike.

Hike2014-11-03
  9. "I have been working for past 4 months at Hike Messenger as a Intern in QA team."

Current Intern - QA Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Hike for less than a year

Pros

- Learning and Knowledge graph has increased immensely. While having learnt in theory about testing and now doing it in practice, has raised the graph immensely. - Doing QA for hike involves each and every aspect of individual OS whether it is iOs, Android or Windows. -I have got involved in reading the app logs, see what activities are going on in the app and go beyond posting bugs which adds to another... aspect of my testing strategy. - Test planning, test scenarios, test cases, release cycle, etc are a part of the QA process. The work i do here directly effects and play a key part in each release cycle. - Access to various stakeholders like Team Lead, PM, etc is quite a healthy practice where you can openly discuss about your feedback for product - More than that you are working on features and testing the product, which is being used by 35 Million people. - I find great flexibility with way i have to work and get it completed. Flexible timings with core hours to discuss and work from home add to that. - Frequent interaction with Team Lead to discuss any issues and way you want to proceed yourself in the team. And yes, things do get addressed with prompt response!

Cons

Considering it to be a startup there are strict deadlines and workload can go accordingly. But above that all is the satisfaction of stable release.

Hike2014-11-04

"Not a good place to work if you are a QA Engineer."

I have been working at Hike full-time for more than a year

Pros

1.Nothing specific ..the work culture was nice earlier but that too is gone now.

Cons

1. No respect/value for QA Engineers. 2. Always overloaded with work. 3. Weekends are almost always working. 4. No leaves..if you take a leave you are immediately asked to compensate by working on a weekend. 5. Some weird rules just for the QA team.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees.Talk to them more often.

Hike2014-10-20