Holborn Assets Dubai Reviews

Updated 2 May 2021

4.9
Holborn Assets CEO Robert Parker (no image)
Robert Parker
  1. "Great team ethos"

4.0
    Current Employee - Wealth Manager in Dubai

I have been working at Holborn Assets full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay. Great tean ethos. Good training

Cons

Long hours, pressure sales environment

2. "What is the End game ?"

Current Employee - Financial Planner in Dubai

I have been working at Holborn Assets full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent all round. Great values and family at the helm.

Cons

We need more meeting rooms for advisors now. Bigger and better rooms to attend more meetings and write more business.

Continue reading

3. "My Internship at Holborn Assets"

Former Intern - Digital Marketing Assistant in Dubai

I worked at Holborn Assets for more than a year

Pros

Working at Holborn Assets was an exciting experience as not only did I get to work with lots of different people and learn lots of different things about Digital Marketing, but I also got to travel to Dubai & Sri Lanka and work among many different cultures. The work I was given was also very interesting and there was a lot of freedom to try your own ideas and think outside of the box. Although very much a corporate environment, the Digital Marketing department was very nice to work in as it follows more of a 21st century Google type approach to work, such as smart casual instead of that dreaded suited, booted and constrained to a desk all day approach. The managers I had were also very fun, friendly and would sure love to work with them all again and go for a few drinks down at the Crown & Lion in Dubai or Cheers Bar in Sri Lanka :)

Cons

The lifts in the Dubai office take sooo long.

Continue reading

"Holborn Assets, a great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Pension Transfer Expert in Dubai

I worked at Holborn Assets full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Holborn Assets Dubai was a great company to work at where I felt like I was doing people good. I previously worked for a not so reputable firm in the UAE whereby I was told to lie and deceive customers in-order to make a sale. Holborn Assets Dubai were totally different. Everyone is very friendly including management and admin. Work at Holborn Assets Dubai if: 1. You are willing to work hard and meet targets. 2. Looking to work with many other expats from mainly Europe and the UK. 3. Have a deep understanding in Finance. 4. Friendly and have a good track record that can be proven.

Cons

Not a lot of bad about Holborn Assets Dubai, which is unusual for me! 1. The lifts at the office are dreadful! But this is the owner of the buildings fault. 2. If your English skills are not good, you may find it hard working here.

January 18, 2016Digital Marketer

Hello, Thanks for leaving this feedback! You'll be glad to know lots of people have followed on from you and there is now many reviews from employees on here. As I see this was wrote in 2013, I can tell you we now have many advisers and staff from all 4 corners of the world, so communication is easy and flows well within the office environment. Thanks and hope things are well for you and your family 3 years on! - Holborn Assets

"Dynamic and supportive"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Dubai

I have been working at Holborn Assets full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Holborn Assets has revolutionised the way that i view the financial services industry. The way the company supports you and provides the structures to do things the right way the first time, has gone a long way towards restoring my faith in the financial services industry. The employees are friendly, and always ready and willing to help. They provide packages to employees which are unheard of in the industry and the transition into life in Dubai has been seamless and easy as a result.

Cons

If you are someone who likes to do your own thing and not report to a manager on your whereabouts then this company is not for you. The structures in place provide you all the opportunities to be successful, and as a result it is expected of you to follow the rules that are in place.

January 16, 2016Digital Marketer

Hello, Thank you for leaving a review about Holborn Assets and we are very pleased to hear you like working here. Thanks again! - Holborn Assets

6. "Ambitious and Driven"

Current Intern - Assistant Portfolio Manager in Dubai

I have been working at Holborn Assets for more than a year

Pros

Holborn Assets is an ambitious and driven organisation and they never stop looking for ways to enhance and expand the company, this consistent growth has created some great career development opportunities and the Senior Management is fully committed to helping everybody develop themselves and the business. There's a large team of experienced and very friendly employees who reflect Mr Parker's emphasis on Integrity and Respect. Personally I can't thank the organisation enough for giving me such a fantastic intern-ship opportunity, I feel valued and I am very optimistic about a future with the company. There are fantastic Facilities and infrastructure and a real sense of belonging to the business.

Cons

The only downside in my opinion is the length of the working day, with travelling time and traffic to contend with of an evening it can be late before returning home from work however this is entirely subjective to myself.

"I can actually say that I love going to work in the morning!"

Business Development in Dubai

I have been working at Holborn Assets

Pros

Over the past year working with Holborn, I have been given a great insight into the financial services industry. The company pays for you to sit your CISI exams and you can do as many or as little as you want. The structure of the company is so well thought out, there are great opportunities to exceed expectations and move up. Such a genuine company, all employees are a pleasure to work beside. Very good salary and benefits

Cons

I actually can't think of anything

January 18, 2016Digital Marketer

Hello there! We are very happy to hear that you love coming to work in the Holborn Assets Dubai office every morning! We are open Friday & Saturday aswell if you want to come in :-) - Holborn Assets

"Holborn Assets Employment Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dubai

I have been working at Holborn Assets full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at Holborn Assets in the Dubai office for a little over two years. Previously, I was working at another well known financial advisory company in the middle east, the difference between to the two is night and day. Holborn Assets holds values, family and expertise above anything else. I genuinely believe employees are looked after, and hard work is always rewarded.

Cons

Industry-wide problem of not enough female advisers.

January 17, 2016Digital Marketer

Glad to hear you are having a fabulous time at Holborn Assets and thanks for the positive feedback! - Holborn Assets

9. "Relatively new to Holborn"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Dubai

I have been working at Holborn Assets full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management support, back office support, training, ongoing support, family run business, feels like a family, further development through education and qualifications

Cons

pathetic competition trying to slander the name through jealousy

Continue reading

"Friendly company - Holborn Assets review"

Senior Associate in Dubai

I have been working at Holborn Assets

Pros

Holborn Assets is a good place to work, management respect the people and their ideas, everyone treated fairly they pay substantially above market rates for both salaries and commissions. Very transparent and open company.

Cons

Lifts in the building are a nightmare, make sure you get in before rush hour at 9am or be prepared to walk 15 flights to the Holborn Assets offices :(

January 18, 2016Digital Marketer

Hi there! Thanks for the great review and advice to any future employees at Holborn Assets. Much appreciated! - Holborn Assets

Viewing 11 - 20 of 33 Reviews