Holiday Extras Executivo Reviews

Found 10 of over 218 reviews

2.9
Holiday Extras CEO Matthew Pack
Matthew Pack

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Improvement Required

Apr 15, 2021 - Partner Delivery Executive in Ashford, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pre Covid times lots of pros including BBQ's and profit share Some management is fantastic depending on department The people

Cons

During the pandemic it was understandable that Holiday Extras needed to reduce people spends. However, the way this was handled could have been significantly improved. I for one was on maternity leave when this happened and unfortunately I wasn't kept in the loop and had to be the one chasing. Which as you can appreciate was an extra added stress on top of having a baby. When returning back from mat leave in November after being extremely lucky to have been kept on I was disappointed to find the team morale had gone from 100 to 0. Again understandable as working from home can be tough, but there are simple things that can be put in place to help keep team spirit alive. Due to this it made me feel so disconnected from my team who I used to be able to discuss anything with. It also knocked my confidence massively as I felt that nobody really wanted to engage with anyone. Salary is also a huge factor. I personally feel the longer you work for the company the more you won't be recognised for the work you do and you certainly will not be paid for it. Progression. Its simply not there unless a role is specifically created for you. No recognition. There has been times in the past where I have worked very hard on a peice of work and thats gone completely unnoticed by the management. Its really disheartening when you have done something positive for the business to not even have so much of a thank you. Unfortunately these factors are what resulted to me leaving the business after almost 9 years of service. My first 6 years I would say were amazing and was the best job I had ever had. But the last two years were really quite awful and hard to get through.

5 people found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Smoke and mirrors

Mar 16, 2021 - Marketing Executive in Wye, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

HX really do care about the employees. If you're into big events, picnics, ice creams and other social things then this is the place for you. There are a lot of perks.

Cons

Whilst everyone is really lovely, once you get over the free perks you soon realise that the career progression that you were hoping for just isn't there. Sadly, things are the way they are and any change is met with the resistance.

3 people found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Former Employee

Bright Future

Nov 18, 2020 - Partnership Executive in Smeeth, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Brilliant place to work with lovely people. Going through a difficult time but will no doubt come out the other side with exciting options.

Cons

Pay is lower than other companies but does make up for it with an enjoyable environment to work in.

Group People Director

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience, we really appreciate it. We’re delighted you enjoyed your time with us, absolutely agree our people are what make Holiday Extras what it is. Whilst we can’t guarantee you won’t find a higher baseline salary elsewhere, we continually review total reward packages (financial, as well as other tangible benefits) to ensure we remain competitive. Thank you for your belief and support, we do have an exciting plan and are ready for when people can travel again..we know people cannot wait for their next trip! Thank you for investing your time with Holiday Extras, we wish you all the best for the future.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Fantastic company to work for

Jan 7, 2020 - PPC Executive in Hythe, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great working together attitude, feels like a family with great initiatives. Well organised from the top down, and senior leadership team really care about every employee

Cons

Not really any downsides, maybe pay slightly less than average

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic Benefits & Culture

Oct 7, 2019 - Recruitment Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Holiday Extras benefits are fantastic and amongst them is our new Holiday Extras “Wanderlust Collection” which gives HX’ers paid and unpaid sabbaticals to reward long service, as well as the option to work from anywhere in the world for two weeks. I recently spent one week working remotely from the beautiful Italian city of Turin! My partner travels for work and often spends long stretches away from home, meaning we don’t get to see as much of each other as we’d like. This benefit allowed me to spend some important time with my partner as well as giving me some all important space to get creative and really push ahead with some project work. One of the side effects of my “work and travel” experience was that through booking our products I got to experience them as a customer would. I booked my travel extras using our new app and was amazed to see the updates made since my last booking; no longer having to print passes for security fast track is an organisational win! I booked an airport hotel, hire car and travelled to the airport by train…. And felt I was able to give some really useful developmental feedback whilst I was away and when I returned on the products and reported some technical gremlins that were immediately resolved! Although it was a great experience, one of the biggest challenges for me was my concern around not being in the office. As someone who thrives off interaction with others I thought working in a hotel room was going to really affect my energy levels; boy was I wrong! Holiday Extras is a fantastic place to work as a remote worker, my colleagues made sure that every meeting was remote friendly opting for shared docs to input into rather than whiteboards; it felt like I was in the office…. Just with more sunshine and a stunning view of the alps from my room. I also conducted several interviews over video conference alongside my colleagues based in the wave, which was great as it reinforced to the candidates that we really do take advantage of the benefits we offer. I was in constant contact with the team and it was great to experience all of our usual events like team stand ups and our company all hands (shout out) which are all accessible by video conference or streamed live on workplace (our intranet). During the weekend, my partner and I took a trip to the Italian Riviera (using our Holiday Extras hire car) where we rented an airbnb in a beautiful fishing village right on the beach. This was a perfect way to kick off the trip, after arriving at 9.am on Friday and doing a full days work we loaded the car and headed to the coast! When we returned on the Sunday evening it felt like we’d been on a week mini break, and I was ready to work the rest of the week from the hotel. The week flew by with lots of tasks being ticked off the to-do list at lightning speed. I felt rejuvenated by the break and energised by the new surroundings, developing creative solutions to tasks and blockers whilst taking a wander around the city during my evenings exploring the tourist spots. HX “work and travel” is a fantastic benefit and I’d encourage everyone to use it if they can, it gives HX’ers a real insight into our products and our customers. And most importantly it enables you to make the most of your time, manage your energy and boost creativity!

Cons

I cant think of any that aren't being addressed... Just some advice I guess that will follow below.

Group People Director

Thank you for your review. It was fantastic to read about your travels! Our belief is that time is precious and holidays are the most precious time we have. This is why we launched our Wanderlust benefits collection last year to help HXers live every experience to the full, whether it’s at work or in their personal lives. We’re hugely proud of these benefits and the difference they make to people. It’s great to hear how you embraced our Work and Travel benefit (especially in a beautiful country like Italy!). It’s wonderful to hear that it enabled you to spend more time with your partner and make new memories together - that’s what it’s all about! We know that travelling can help inspire and offer people new perspectives - in all sorts of ways as you experienced. We love how you used this time to step into the shoes of a customer; only by doing this can we truly understand their needs and transform the way that people travel. We’re privileged to have such a dedicated and passionate team to help make this happen. With our growing community of people working remotely and our approach to flexible working, it’s vital that we are set-up for success. We have invested in tech and communication tools as well as adopting different working practices so that people’s experiences are the same no matter where they are. It requires a different mindset and approach but we’re committed to this in order to create a new future for how we work. We are always learning, so get in touch if you’ve identified throughout your travels anything more we can do. Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback...and next time, send us a postcard! :)

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company perks and ethos

Sep 2, 2019 - Partnerships Marketing Executive in Ashford, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic benefits, good ethos. Good rewards such as parties, bbqs etc

Cons

Too nice, often have people working for them that aren’t good at their job and don’t do anything about it. Salaries are not competitive.

Group People Director

Thanks for your review. It’s great to read your feedback about our benefits and culture. Making sure we care and look after our team is integral to everything we do - this includes supporting people’s development to make sure they are able to thrive and perform. Where this is not happening, we support the person closely to help them reach the place they need to be so they can feel they are making a valued contribution to our business. It’s important to the individual and their team that we do this. In response to your comment about pay, we regularly review salaries to ensure they are competitive. If you feel that this isn’t the case for your role, please speak to your manager to discuss your concerns - they are there to listen and help their teams understand our pay processes.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Super place to work

Sep 6, 2016 - Executive in Ashford, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely team, great coffee, friendly environment, lovely open plan office, good career opportunities and opportunities to stretch yourself if you like to be challenged! Supportive management.

Cons

A small number of people who work here don't realise how good they have got it and the hard work people put in around the business.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic Place to work! Fantastic Culture and Beautiful Offices!

Jun 15, 2016 - Recruitment Executive in Hythe, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was made to feel really welcome on my first day and felt that I was able to start working on projects from the word go! This was in part thanks to the quality of the correspondence from the people team during my on-boarding, I knew what I would be working on weeks before my first day. The culture of the business is fantastic and their promotion of flexible working is a model to be admired as it allows everyone to achieve a perfect work life balance! From day 1 I felt fully part of the HX family!

Cons

None whatsoever! Lots of space to progress and fantastic benefits!

1 person found this review helpful

Associate People Director

Thanks for your feedback - your comment about your first day and the flexible working feels us with joy as this is what we strive for. But we also hope the rest of your experience has matched this as we're in it for the long game. We'd be interested to hear if that's the case so do let us know in the people team or via URHX (for those who don't know, this is our 6 monthly engagement survey).

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best place I have ever worked!

Sep 29, 2015 - Executive in Folkestone, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic atmosphere, environment and culture. I have the freedom to be creative in my role, try new things and am given the support and encouragement to develop and learn - something I've not had before and absolutely love! They have an amazing flexible working which means I can still be there for my family without having to worry!

Cons

i haven't got any cons I can think of.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

I have worked for Holiday Extras for 10yrs and really enjoy working here.

Nov 14, 2014 - Senior Commercial Executive in Hythe, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company are always striving to be the best, and really look after the people that work for them. Be it from supplying Laptops, or having one of many Bbq's to a fab fireworks display.

Cons

To be honest I really can't think of any con's

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews