Holiday Extras Assistant Marketing Reviews

Found 3 of over 218 reviews

4.4
Holiday Extras CEO Matthew Pack
Matthew Pack

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Jun 28, 2021 - Marketing Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, good management and positive environment

Cons

Recent downsizing due to pandemic's affect on travel

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Wolf in sheep’s clothing.

Sep 21, 2020 - Marketing Assistant in Ashford, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get paid a ‘living wage’ Profit share

Cons

Work in the call centre and the entire business looks down on you. The way the call centre is run is a very negative environment, but speak out about ways to improve, and it’s like your forming a coup and they gang up on you. Staff favouritism. They claim to look after their staff and pride themselves on being a times top 100 company to work for, yet when it comes to putting their money where their mouth is, they’d rather keep it than pay you a respectable redundancy. They claim to have a ‘family vibe’ but in reality you have to be popular to get into the ‘family vibe’ to even consider being treated fairly.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful

Holiday Extras Response

Group People Director

Thank you for your feedback. I was very sad to read some of your comments and would like the opportunity to discuss these with you further so I can get a better understanding of your experience and what we can do differently in the future. I was particularly sad to hear your comments about working in the Contact Centre. The team is a highly valued part of our business and we strive to create an environment where everyone can feel empowered to express themselves openly and contribute ideas to how we work. To your point about some of the difficult decisions we’ve had to make recently, please be assured that these were in direct response to the fast and unexpected changes Covid brought to the travel industry. They are not something we would have done otherwise. We are however, extremely conscious of the enormous impact it has had on our people during this very difficult period of change. Like many businesses, we never saw this coming and have lost some amazingly talented people who offered huge contributions to our culture and business. As with any period of change, we tried our utmost to support everyone with compassion and dignity during this time. If you have specific ideas on what we could have done better, please reach out to me at kwakeman@holidayextras.com. If I don’t hear from you, I want to thank you for your contribution to Holiday Extras and I wish you all the best for the future.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company

Jun 19, 2020 - Marketing Assistant in Ashford, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Staff Benefits, colleagues, low staff turnover, great work environment

Cons

Pay in some departments lower compared to other roles in area

Be the first to find this review helpful