HomeAdvisor Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

3.2
HomeAdvisor CEO Brandon Ridenour
Brandon Ridenour
Pros
Cons
  • "we're talking <50K a year working a call center, this might be the place for you(in 24 reviews)

• "I let you know when I experienced a "Con" to working at Home Advisor(in 20 reviews)

1. "A Truly Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time for more than a year

Pros

At the end of the day, sales is sales, and 9-10 hour days are a given. With that said, HA has one of the most lucrative commission plans around, allowing young 20-something year olds to see huge checks every two weeks. The culture is extremely lax, understandable, willing to coach, and willing to hear feedback. Lunch and dinner were also provided everyday and it was delicious. Fridge is stocked with stacks and... drinks all day. Hard work but they really want you to to feel comfortable and succeed. Great place to grow and grow quickly. Title is irrelevant as many sales reps ends up making even more money than their managers.

Cons

Need to be working there for 2 full years before you can unlock 401k. They also train you to be very aggressive on the phones and it might conflict with your morals sometimes. Hours are also quite long, but 15 minute breaks are provided which are super relaxing.

Advice to Management

Slightly more one on one time with reps. Managers earn commission too and naturally favor the reps that are making them more money. Show a little more attention to struggling reps so everyone can see more success.

HomeAdvisor2019-09-04
  2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Can make great money if you put in the work

Cons

Nothing comes to mind for cons.

Advice to Management

You're doing great. Keep it up!

HomeAdvisor2019-09-04

"Future employee, be weary"

Former Employee - Sales Associaate in Denver, CO

I worked at HomeAdvisor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Trivia on Friday’s and the memes in the company emails.

Cons

This is a job MADE for fresh out of college kids or skilled sales people looking for a more fun environment and absolutely zero life/work experience. I say that because it’s such an aggravating sales position that the only people willing to put up with it are exceptionally good at immoral persuading or have no idea what else is out there and stick around for the team. The job is AWFUL. The company and product,... mediocre. The management teams, awesome. You are made to sell a flawed product to contractors, some who were previous members and had a terrible time with. It’s not made for everyone and yet they force you to communicate with everyone about it. Yes, you need thick skin, but you also might need an idea of how to sell someone something they really don’t need. I will say, the team they put you on strives for your success almost always. They encourage and celebrate your victories and are willing to lend a hand if you struggle. The worst part of the job: The pay. DO NOT BUY IN TO THE SCAM YOU CAN MAKE LOADS. Unless you have been in a straight cold calling role selling a crappy product before, THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN. It’s the worst paying entry level position I have ever been in and if you are in it for commission there are tons of jobs that pay the same level of commission with a higher base pay and a better product. They try to make it a fun atmosphere, but it’s FAR from the real world. If they don’t make it fun, you can guarantee you will stay absolutely miserable calling on folks who cannot run a business or are too aggravated that people like us keep calling them after they’ve said every kind of no in the book. If you are looking to grow and have a decent wage to have a nice work-life balance, do yourself a favor and look somewhere else. The pay and cold calling is NOT worth the aggravation. If you love cold calling and don’t mind lying/ overselling to get a dollar, this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Be upfront about the HIGH turnover because only about 15% of new hires make it past 3 months because they cannot make sales and cannot live on the base salary. To executive management. The product you are selling is incredibly flawed. We cannot expect contractors to be successful if 1. They do not know how to run a business and 2. If we push a sale you know they will lose more money than they receive. Over half of... my leads I called on were great contractors but abysmal businessmen that didn’t know how to invest in themselves. So they are already set up for failure. There should be a trial run or the ability to pay for leads they choose so that over time they can upgrade as they succeed. Super flawed product that needs to be fixed.

HomeAdvisor2019-09-09
  4. "It works if you work it"

Current Employee - Marketing Advisor

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time

Pros

You can definitely make good money here on the right team.

Cons

You have to bust your hindquarters to do well.

HomeAdvisor2019-08-29
  5. "Work Hard Play Hard"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

*THE COMMISSION STRUCTURE/OPPORTUNITY IS HIGHER THAN 99% OF WHAT YOU WILL FIND* If you're looking for a job with endless financial opportunities as well as growth, you'll find most of it here. First year did 50k while learning...grossed over 135k my second. They aren't lying when they say that a six figures is an obtainable goal, but you have to work for it. If you're expecting to take a seat in any sales... position and results to happen overnight, you're doing it wrong. The people that complain in this job expect to be paid by coming to work, doing the bare minimum, and being paid for it. If you want results you have to be ambitious and be willing to work for it. This job requires good time management, persistence, and drive. If you don't have that in the first place, SALES isn't for you. Location is amazing and easily accesible by multiple transportaion methods. Snow days in the winter (having Friday off by hitting weekly sales quota) is amazing so that you can hit the mountains or have a lazy day to yourself, whatever you choose. Flex scheduling (when earned) is wonderful and gives you the time you need to handle things outside the office if needed. The help is incredible, but you need to ask for it, nobody is going to hold your hand.

Cons

The only cons I would have with HomeAdvisor would be the direction in which your career can go and how those doors can be more readily accessed. Some people may find that the external activities (happy hours, beers on Fridays at the end of the day, etc) may not be for them, but you aren't required to participate in any of these things. You are a grown adult in a full time position and if you're having an issue with... what you feel is peer pressure that might be something to reflect on internally, you can make your own decisions here.

Advice to Management

Maybe offer other activities such as hiking days, office options like yoga, things of that nature.

HomeAdvisor2019-08-21
  6. "HomeAdvisor"

Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Olathe, KS

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great energy and a great environment

Cons

It is very compartmentalized

HomeAdvisor2019-08-21

"Ok"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time

Pros

Cool coworkers and young enviornment

Cons

Must be ambitious and lack morals

HomeAdvisor2019-08-13
  8. "Incredible work environment"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to be around Fun and cultivating work environment, great upward leadership

Cons

Requires a focused attitude every single day ready to work hard, part of the reward of succeeding in this position

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing and continuing to grow and develop new representatives into leadership roles the way you already are

HomeAdvisor2019-08-16

"Typical sales job"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in New York, NY

I worked at HomeAdvisor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun atmosphere, very team oriented, a lot of support during training, free food and drinks.

Cons

The way they leave people on their call lists that ask to not be contacted is shady as well as not focusing on the customer relationship after the sale has been made.

HomeAdvisor2019-08-28
  10. "Monotonous job, great co-workers and management!"

Current Employee - Project Advisor in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people that work here are all amazing, friendly, helpful people, and the management is some of the best I've experienced in a job so far. The job is sometimes tedious, but the benefits of helping the customers that are appreciative of the service we offer is a great feeling!

Cons

It's a call center, so it gets a little tiresome listening to a phone ring all day, but if you can get past that, and you're a friendly person, this job will be rewarding to you!

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing!

HomeAdvisor2019-08-13