The latest conversations about Tech India
Hello there, I observed one thing. Non Hindi speaking people find it very hard to work in Indian IT. There is this inherent culture to speak in Hindi all the time as many North Indians are in IT today. I work in a product based company in Bangalore and these folks often talk in Hindi in official meetings despite saying. Feels disrespectful. This is happening in Bangalore. Official mode of communication should be English but they are discriminatory.. Has anyone else been facing this?
Hi Fishes I dropped the resignation today.￼ I will need to serve for 90 days of notice period however my manager wants me to stay back. I am handling multiple projects in this company and I am bored and exhausted. Need to step out and look for better opportunities. Not sure what to say to the manager? I don't have offers in my hand. I am confident that I can get a better one. Any piece of quality advice would be very helpful. Thanks
I'm planning to switch my career to Azure data engineering. In process I did a course on ADF and did hands-on in dataflows, pipelines etc. As a next step should I learn Azure Synapse analytics, Pyspark or Azure data bricks and Pyspark? I'm bit clueless as to choose which one? I have 13years experience in Oracle data integrator, etl, data warehousing and sql. Please guide.EY Tata Consultancy Deloitte Accenture Infosys Wells Fargo Capgemini KPMG India PwC Nagarro American Express
09 years of Experience, I am drawing 12 Lakhs per Annum at my current organization. What should i do ? How can i ask for a raise ? I feel like they are not giving enough compensation to existing employees. It is very frustrating to see new talent with way lesser work experience get hired at 20 lakhs p.a for the same position. Especially when they dont have any domain experience about the product domain and only have Software testing experience. Irony is I train them on the products.
Got a burning question about Hortonworks? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Hortonworks employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The share price has gone up 120% over the last year and some great people have joined the organization." (in 28 reviews)
- "Great benefits and company perks." (in 17 reviews)
- "Great culture and technology." (in 16 reviews)
- "Access to the engineering team is great." (in 13 reviews)
- "Everyone was friendly and open." (in 8 reviews)
- "Worst management." (in 17 reviews)
- "No work life balance and there will never be a day that you aren't stressed." (in 10 reviews)
- "Executive leadership absent" (in 8 reviews)
- "Some managers less great" (in 6 reviews)
- "Sometimes it's long hours, but if you're not afraid of hard work it's a lot of fun." (in 4 reviews)
Found 288 of over 302 reviews
Updated 31 Jan 2022
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.05 Apr 2016Member of Technical Staff - AmbariCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBengaluru
I work as a member technical staff for the core product of the company. 1. Team is awesome. They have handpicked great technical people from across all categories in development. 2. Flexible timing and open environment. 3. as your work directly goes into opensource its a great place to showcase your talent. 4. The company works on all opensource hadoop softwares so its a nice place to grow and groom yourself. 5. Great compensation and other facilities like, uber personal cab reimbursements, free lunch, broadband and telephone reimbursements 6. Although not a big deal but I thing I have noticed every new guy notices when entering the office is that, everyone has a Mac, even the support and HR guys have high end Mac laptops.
1. Its a relatively small team and no fancy office in India. but we do have TT table and foosball table and lots of beer bashes where HR organizes nice games and programs. 2. Less parking space but hey they reimburse all your cab fares so who wants to bring own car unnecessarily.1
Hortonworks Reviews FAQs
Hortonworks has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 302 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at Hortonworks to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
68% of Hortonworks employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Hortonworks 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.