Huntington National Bank "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Huntington National Bank Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 13, 2019

Found 1113 reviews

3.4
Huntington National Bank CEO Steve Steinour
Steve Steinour
Pros
  • "Easily the best company that I have ever seen at work/life balance(in 56 reviews)

• "Great company to work for, good benefits, treat their employees and customer right(in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • "Turn over in the In-Store branches is often high due to hours of operation (work/life balance)(in 74 reviews)

• "Upper Management consistently demonstrates lack of trust(in 44 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good regional bank with a strong customer service orientation"

Former Employee - Senior Vice President

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Salary, bonus, equity, benefits, growth opportunities, work-life balance

Cons

Not invented here mindset, succession planning was not effective at senior levels

Huntington National Bank2019-09-03
  2. "Awful--Run for the Hills!"

Current Employee - Senior QA Test Analyst in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been at HNB for about 6 months now. Honestly there is practically nothing to recommend this place.

Cons

Dishonesty, lack of integrity, and nastiness runs rampant in this place. nobody has a clue about overall direction or strategy. totally disorganized (think: mega tornado). terrible benefits, long hours, work-life balance is a joke here

Advice to Management

Please treat your ppl better than farm animals

Huntington National Bank2019-09-27

"Call center MLO"

Current Employee - Mortgage Direct Loan Officer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work from home. Hours are flexible because manager has no idea what’s going on.

Cons

Everything else - no work life balance, terrible pay, no respect for sakes staff.

Advice to Management

Pay your staff better. Stop making people work OT so you don’t have to hire support staff. Stop making your employees train new employees because you have so much turnover. There is no work/life balance here. You cannot take a single day off. Upper management sees no value to the call center and doesn’t provide tools for its employees to succeed.

Huntington National Bank2019-07-27

"Management needs a change"

Former Employee - Senior Teller in Columbus, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is very competitive with other companies. They strive to make sure you are getting paid fairly. With the 3 years I was there I got a raise every year plus two other ones that weren't the yearly review. The pto to start was 12 days that I had received by the end of my time I had 16 plus two extra days I had received. There hsa program is really good they have total health thing that if you do the items you could... get up to 500 and they give you 250. They have great maturity leave. Some branches are great to work for and have a good work life balance but that really depends on were you are at. There was a lot of change in the 3 years I had been with Huntington some were really great changes and some not so much but that's with any company. Compared to other banking companies Huntington was a lot better from what I have heard from people that have worked with other companies.

Cons

Management is awful. No guidance what so ever if you want to advance you have to figure it out on your own. Depending if you know someone hire up or at other branches you may move up within to other branches. There’s no appreciation within Huntington. Most places are under staffed and you typically wouldn’t get a lunch. Customers would get upset for being under staff but we couldn’t do anything. Most times I ate out... of my drawer when customers weren’t in the branch because I wasn’t able to go to the break-room. You work hard for this company and nothing shows for it. I truly loved my job at first, but it went downhill quick. There is one manager who is an awful person to work with. He would Taunt you and tell you call HR on him. Everyone was afraid of him. He would make people cry and then laugh about it. He made you afraid to call HR and I’ve heard there’s a few managers like that and the district managers were buddies with the managers so plenty of time people would be afraid to say anything because they didn’t want to get fired. Also, some managers were too lazy or didn’t want to see you advance. There is a lot of unprofessional people within the branches/ Huntington all together. Also, there is no consistency from branch to branch. As a customer you go to one branch get told one thing and then go to another and get told the opposite thing. It was hard being a float teller because nothing was consistence you were taught one thing and then go work at another branch and its completely different because the people who have been with the company the longest think they know everything and may need a refresher course every now and then. You also were expected to do test about subjects and typically never had time to watch the videos or read the material so we all would copy each others answers or take the test and save the answers . Grass isn't greener on the other side left a great branch to move up within the company and got sent to an awful branch. Huntington is like high school. If you don't have your name out there in a good way your not moving up theirs a lot of clicks who knows who basically.

Advice to Management

Be more appreciative, Don't make your staff afraid of you. District managers and managers be more approachable make your staff know they can trust you and come to you about anything.

Huntington National Bank2019-06-05
  5. "Salary"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Network and career opportunities

Cons

work life balance is too difficult.

Advice to Management

Too many changes within the company

Huntington National Bank2019-05-29
  6. "Salary"

Current Employee - RB3

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay, benefits, hours, career, adavancement

Cons

Managers, work life balance, meetings

Huntington National Bank2019-05-04
  7. "A great place to work"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Loved working at Huntington (recently retired). Good salary/pay. Focused on doing the right thing for customers and colleagues. Phenomenal around inclusion. I highly recommend Huntington. Upper management always available when needed.

Cons

Turn over in the In-Store branches is often high due to hours of operation (work/life balance). Tech and system upgrades come at you pretty fast.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop good colleagues by listening to them.

Huntington National Bank2019-03-17
  8. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Instore Branch Manager

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Customer focus, allow branch management to run centers efficiently, all retail senior management align to values.

Cons

Work/life balance, pay and incentive could be better is average however, benefit costs, space in instore locations are very cramped.

Advice to Management

Secure larger spaces in the instore channel for colleagues to complete all daily required activities. Also compensate those in these channels ahead of tradition since they sacrifice evenings and weekends with their families.

Huntington National Bank2019-01-14

"Decent"

Current Employee - Teller in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay is quite good for this type of work, decent benefits, and vacation time.

Cons

Work/life balance is a joke. Being at an in-store means 10 hour days with no lunch break are the norm. Management only cares about the numbers. The tellers are required to be the sales colleagues and are often asked why they aren't pushing a product during every single transaction. This company is more concerned with getting credit card sales than they are maintaining customer relationships and loyalty. Very... little room for advancement unless you want to become a banker.

Advice to Management

Focus on your people and customers, not the numbers. Build loyalty and relationships and the numbers will fall into place.

Huntington National Bank2019-01-05
  10. "Instore retail banker"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

Pros

Great Customer Service. Best Credit Card.

Cons

Not enough staff to take care of Customers. Teller system slow. Work life balance bad. Managers don't punch in or out and say they are there for x amount of hours and aren't.

Advice to Management

Follow through. Share your office other people need to make calls and have a place for appointments to sit. ( should not have to open accounts at pods)

Huntington National Bank2019-01-11