Illumina Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Found 703 reviews

4.1
Illumina CEO Francis deSouza
Francis deSouza
Pros
  • "Work life balance, compensation, smart teammates(in 45 reviews)

• "Friendly environment which is fast paced and challenging enough to keep you constantly motivated(in 73 reviews)

Cons
  • "So much going on - you need to be very good at setting boundaries or it will be easy to get sucked into poor work-life balance(in 61 reviews)

• "Can be very busy and fast paced(in 47 reviews)

"31% Growth in EMEA"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

I have been working at Illumina full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast paced. Flexible working environment. Career mobility. Culture of care. Amazing Granta Park offices. Great benefits. Friendly people. Nice place to spend your working day.

Cons

Depends on who you are, if you don't like change, you'll hate it. Fast growth can mean some teams are very lean while jobs are filled.

Advice to Management

Carry on the way you are going.

Illumina2019-04-15

"Best company I have ever worked for."

Current Employee - Human Resources in Cambridge, South West England, England

I have been working at Illumina full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great place to work, flexible working and an amazing new building - Very generous benefits including pension, gym, lifestyle allowance and bonus to name just a few - Great work life balance - Career development and progression

Cons

- Head count planning is non existent, the needs is always changing.

Advice to Management

Better headcount planning

Illumina2019-04-16
  3. "Great company to be at!"

I have been working at Illumina full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It is an exciting, fast paced company where things are always evolving. Being more junior in my career it has been a great place to grow and gain experience as my manager and team are always supportive. Love that this company is mission oriented and finds new ways to remind employees about their impact on human health.

Cons

While it is exciting that we are pushing the needle the pace is fast and might not be for everyone and processes are still developing across the company as we grow and develop as a company.

Illumina2019-04-17
  4. "Progressive, high growth organization with a commitment to innovation and its people."

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Illumina full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Illumina offers an agile and challenging environment as a fast-growing leader in the market. The organization is mission-driven and also embraces a progressive approach to company culture with pillars of openness, collaboration and accountability. In addition, Illumina promotes a culture of fun and care with happy hours, family picnics, sports teams and lots of flexibility that allows for work-life balance. ...

Cons

The pace of the organization, while exciting can be incredibly challenging. To be successful, you need to be agile, flexible and comfortable with change.

Illumina2019-04-16
  5. "If you love to learn and grow - this is the place for you."

I have been working at Illumina full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've worked at Illumina for a few years now and I'm still learning about the technology and it's capabilities. There's no shortage of opportunities to grow yourself in your work and learn new things.

Cons

It can seem to be overwhelming initially but you learn quickly how to prioritize what's most important and there are plenty of people willing to help out.

Illumina2019-04-17
  6. "Exciting and meaningful career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Illumina full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Endless opportunity for my career. Aside from on the job learning, great instructor led classes (can be a bit tough to get into though), LinkedIn Learning account, and tuition reimbursement. 2. Kind, hard working colleagues. 3. Never a dull day. 4. Great perks from FTO, shut down, FMLA pay support, Volunteer Time Off, great campus, always something going on. 5. I genuinely feel supported both professionally...

Cons

1. Illumina runs lean. There is so much to get done and contribute that it can feel stressful at times when the buck stops with you.

Advice to Management

1. Consider beefing up instructor-led training opportunities. 2. Hire more in support functions to align with the increasing headcount in the business. 3. Mostly keep doing what you are doing! Connecting the organization with true stories, monthly all hands, communications via newsletter, and the perks are great.

Illumina2019-04-15
  7. "Truly a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Illumina full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart, passionate & supportive people Great culture with many ways to get involved and grow professionally and personally Fantastic benefits, flexibility and time off policy Overall great place to work!

Cons

No real cons but it is a fast paced, changing environment which might not be for everyone.

Illumina2019-04-15
  8. "Illumina treats employees right"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Illumina full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Overall, Illumina does things the right way. Not only do we develop and manufacture amazing technology, but we hire and develop strong leaders whose influence is spread across individual teams. With that comes a company filled with people that do things the right way. everyone I interact with shows you respect and trust. It's a pleasure working here and I hope to continue this journey for years to come.

Cons

As Illumina grows, there is continually more steps added to get things done. It happens with any company this size and Illumina is not an exception. Speed is still extremely fast but more steps in process.

Advice to Management

Keep being open with employees and drive to do better. I think if management continues to do this, Illumina is unstoppable.

9. "Finally!"

Current Employee - Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Illumina full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've known about Illumina since 2009 and said someday, I'll work there and change lives. I can confidently say, I work for an Organization that talks the talk and truly walks the walk when it comes to changing lives (trust me I live it daily!) An absolute honor and pleasure to be a part of this company and team.

Cons

Like any Organization who is growing, we are identifying areas of improvement.... and are acting on them. Something many companies will say but not act on. I am proud to say we do both and see our organization working on them daily. It's refreshing and motivating.

Advice to Management

Please continue to listen and partner with us and together we will continue to make history!

Illumina2019-04-16

"A Company That Lives Its Mission and Values"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Illumina full-time for more than a year

Pros

When you first start at Illumina, one of the first things you learn are the company values, there are 5 of them - and you also learn very quickly that every employee knows these values and every employee is expected to work by these values. The values coupled with our mission being centered around the betterment of human health makes for a really great and inspiring place to work. No matter what department you are in,...

Cons

You are always very busy - which is not so much a con as you would not want to work anywhere with nothing to do - but if you are looking for a role here, expect to be busy!!

Illumina2019-04-09