Imgur Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated 23 Oct 2016

4.2
Imgur Founder/CEO Alan Schaaf (no image)
Alan Schaaf
Pros
  • "Start-ups get a bad rap for being known as places with crapy work/life balance(in 8 reviews)

• "the office space is very spacious with lots of places to grab your laptop and work(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some growing pains as teams expand and new processes are put in place to accommodate managing the project pipelines(in 5 reviews)

• "The company is growing fast, so things are happening at a very fast pace(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews

"Incredible place to work"

Current Employee - Platform Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Imgur full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture and core values are no joke, Imgur practices what it preaches. Incredibly smart, talented, passionate people across the board. Great location, great perks, great work/life balance. The CEO is incredibly humble and wise. People are given lots of trust and autonomy. Reason and logic prevail here.

Cons

Some growing pains as teams expand and new processes are put in place to accommodate managing the project pipelines. I think this is a common denominator for any company at this stage.

Imgur Response

January 5, 2017Operations Manager

We value your feedback and love that you feel so strongly about our culture and core values! Thank you for your review!

2. "I am so happy I joined Imgur"

Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Imgur full-time

Pros

great office space; excellent work/life balance; my coworkers are the bomb; super positive company that is so thankful for all of our hard work. I also like how everyone truly has a voice here so we are all helping to shape the future of this company. I have worked at many startups and larger corporations and this is by far the best environment I have worked

Cons

Every startup has it's growing pains so it's important those issues are addressed. We are in that phase right now but luckily our culture is about owning the outcome.

Continue reading

3. "Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Imgur full-time for less than a year

Pros

Small teams, everyone's nice, and you are working on something that a lot of people use daily. Plus now I get paid to surf imgur at work.

Cons

Its a growing company so there are growing pains as the team grows. Otherwise no other cons.

"Great place to build something awesome!"

I have been working at Imgur full-time

Pros

I've never worked in such a functional AND nurturing environment as Imgur. Everyone here is so brilliant while being down-to-earth, accessible, and helpful. It's a real team - everyone working together toward the common goal of making cool things for an online community and spreading the fun and best parts of the internet. Adding to the amazing team, there is also the best benefits package I've encountered so far. This package includes 5 weeks of vacation + a passion fund while also having a company culture that really gives people the freedom and work/life balance necessary to explore and enjoy the world. They also help you grow: Have a question? Someone will have an answer and is down to teach. There's a mini library of useful books and you can always request more. Also - there are so many people who are so accomplished that you can just take a coffee break and learn something new just from chatting with a co-worker.

Cons

No real cons to speak of. I do foresee us going through a few minor physical growing pains until the new office is ready for the current team + all the new hires, but that's only for a month or two.

"Smart & fun people, passionate users, big potential"

I have been working at Imgur full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company is a blast and now is the time to join; lots of momentum and lots of opportunity to make a really big impact. Great balance between working hard and fast while still having a ton of fun and time to enjoy life. The people here are incredibly passionate about what they're building and users absolutely love the product.

Cons

Parking is a little tricky in the financial district. The company is growing rapidly, and while they're putting the right pieces in place, there will be some growing pains. But nothing that any fast-growing company wouldn't encounter.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.