Imgur Employee Reviews about "office space"

Updated 1 Jan 2018

4.2
Imgur Founder/CEO Alan Schaaf (no image)
Alan Schaaf
Pros
  • "Start-ups get a bad rap for being known as places with crapy work/life balance(in 8 reviews)

• "the office space is very spacious with lots of places to grab your laptop and work(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some growing pains as teams expand and new processes are put in place to accommodate managing the project pipelines(in 5 reviews)

• "The company is growing fast, so things are happening at a very fast pace(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "office space"

Return to all Reviews

"It honestly is the best place I have worked thus far!"

I have been working at Imgur full-time

Pros

-the people - kind, generous, smart and real. No games here and no one department thinks they are better then the others. -the office space is very spacious with lots of places to grab your laptop and work -the unlimited vacation- -work from home Wednesdays -the product is a lot of fun to work on. We exchange hilarious stories from Imgur daily.

Cons

-we stay lean so it would be nice to have a few more employees per department.

"Best job I've ever had"

I have been working at Imgur full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Super transparent about the company's goals, roadmap, and executive decisions - Generous PTO and remote work days - You get to browse Imgur all day! - People are extremely passionate and it's inspiring to come into an office where everyone is excited to be there. The group is very welcoming. - The office space is incredible - big, open, with lots of flexible work spaces. And it's decorated with cool user artwork!

Cons

Nothing major, it's really the best company around. If you're extremely sensitive, you probably won't like the user content that you may be exposed to as part of you job.

September 6, 2017VP, Talent

Hi there and thanks so much for the review. We love that you love working here and your advice is definitely heard. With the recent hire of our Technical Program Manager, we hope to beef up the communication around features. Thanks again!

3. "Exciting time to be at Imgur"

Current Employee - Android Engineer

I have been working at Imgur full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Awesome office space (and dog friendly!) - Down to earth and friendly people in every department - Honest communication about company's fundamentals from leadership - Positive place to grow and pursue passions in your career - Working on a product that reaches millions and the ability to see users' reactions directly on Imgur! - Excellent benefits and perks!

Cons

When things get hectic, there can be miscommunication among departments.

January 5, 2017

Thanks for providing an honest insight into what it’s like to work at Imgur. We appreciate the open feedback in your response and truly value your advice to management. Building out features that touch the lives of millions is no small feat. Even with being small and nimble we operate under the belief that we can never over-communicate enough. We are always trying to improve our communication amongst teams, across departments and in one to one settings, and we will continue that effort! - Director of People Ops

4. "A place like no other"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Imgur full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've had the opportunity to see Imgur grow as a company for the past few years. It's not the same as when I started... and I'm still here. Working at scale with a small team makes the job all the more exciting. We work hard to make this an amazing place to be. There are dogs in the office to help you during moments of stress, we have catered lunches, great benefits, a sweet office space, etc. etc. and of course, amazing people. I wouldn't be at Imgur if it wasn't for the amount of great talent we've hired. They're not only some of smartest, most passionate, people I've known, but also a pleasure to be around. I say Imgur is like no other place because I feel it's hard to come across a company where people want to give their best, are passionate about their work, and are excited to come in the next day. I'm thrilled to see how Imgur will evolve, what challenges we will face, and the engineering problems we'll be tackling.

Cons

Fast pace environment, sometimes results in burning-out and stressful times, but can be managed.

January 3, 2017Operations Manager

Great review, thank you!

"Run of the mill startup. Cool perks, lacking vision."

Former Employee - Insights in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Imgur full-time for more than a year

Pros

Your usual startup perks: a ton of snacks, catering, rooftop deck, offsites, lots of cool, down to earth people. Great office space.

Cons

Lack of vision, culture is murky. Too many values means nothing is really important. Too much structure for size of company. Doesn't move fast enough even though one of the company values is to ship often.

January 5, 2017

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for your honesty. We appreciate all of the feedback we receive so we can continue to iterate and perfect our company. And we get it, it may feel at times that we are not moving fast enough, and that’s really a product of the hyper growth we’re going through right now. In order for us to make sure we’re communicating and moving like a well oiled machine company wide, we make decisions insightfully and thoughtfully in order for us to move quickly in the long term, and for all of us to be aligned on what it is we are shooting for. This is a big priority for us in our growth process. We also believe that structure, and the initial “slow down” of putting structure in place allows us to move even more quickly now, and in the future, that’s true for any company no matter the size. Our values, our culture, and our north star vision are of the utmost importance to us. We’re sorry that didn’t resonate with you while you were with us. Our values were created organically, they’re definitely our shared ideal of how we can work best together to win, and they come up in our daily life. And we agree, we took some time to really figure out what it is we are shooting for, we wanted to be thoughtful about how we add the most value for our users and determine exactly who we want to be. We believe in taking the time to lay the groundwork and get it right, then we all know exactly what it is we need to do to get on the rocket ship. - Director of People Ops

"Friendly, relaxed, work hard, party hard"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Imgur full-time

Pros

- amazing office space, comfy, open, lots of room - working on a product that is actually improving lives every day - almost everyone is really nice, easy to get long with, social, and friendly - no weird cliques, every eats lunch with everyone - great $500 yearly passion fund and gym money - work from home x3 a month - passionate and open leadership, no room for egos - extremely transparent with company goals and monthly revenue - company values are followed closely and seem to work - get to be on Imgur all day! - dog friendly office - best work/life balance job I've had in Bay Area - Imgur has amazing potential in the future Ultimately the best job I've ever had.

Cons

- slow to shipping new features and products - still need to work on communication between PMs and depts. - corporateness is starting to creep in - could do more to encourage career growth within the company

January 5, 2017

Thanks for the great feedback! We love that you are enjoying the benefits and perks and your contribution to the team is invaluable. We hear you on being able to move faster and ship often, we agree! We take the time to be thoughtful about how we move forward in order to make sure we are communicating, but we are constantly improving the way we do things to move quicker and improve and expand the experience for our employees. We absolutely love your passion for growth and skill development. It was the focus of our People Operations team in the second half of this year, and we’ve rolled out a plan to help our awesome talent expand their expertise and learn about the growth opportunities available for them within our company. Our plan is to continue to build upon on that, and continue skill development with our employees in the future, as well as continue to roll out programs to make Imgur the best place to work. - Director of People Ops

7. "I am so happy I joined Imgur"

Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Imgur full-time

Pros

great office space; excellent work/life balance; my coworkers are the bomb; super positive company that is so thankful for all of our hard work. I also like how everyone truly has a voice here so we are all helping to shape the future of this company. I have worked at many startups and larger corporations and this is by far the best environment I have worked

Cons

Every startup has it's growing pains so it's important those issues are addressed. We are in that phase right now but luckily our culture is about owning the outcome.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.