Impaq International Reviews

Updated 10 Jul 2020

3.2
Impaq International CEO Avi Benus
Avi Benus
Pros
  • "Good work/life balance (as long as you know how to draw boundaries)(in 6 reviews)

• "Lots of room to grow your skills as a consultant(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management is toxic and benefits need to be improved(in 5 reviews)

• "Often treat employees like children; not realizing many of us do this PART TIME(in 3 reviews)

1. "Great place to kick off your career"

Current Employee - Former Employee
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Impaq International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Lots of room to grow your skills as a consultant - Good work/life balance (as long as you know how to draw boundaries) - Leadership cares about the well-being of their employees - Some of the smartest/most diligent people you'll ever work with - WFH flexibility (dependent on project)

Cons

- Researchers are expected to contribute to business development at all levels (can be challenging to juggle project work on top of it) - There's little investment in professional development unless it relates directly to corporate initiatives or if you find a project to sponsor the hours. The company is making an attempt to change this, but it can still feel like an uphill battle to get things approved outside of professional certificates and continuing education.

2. "Corrupt Organization! Management!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Research Analyst

I worked at Impaq International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I can not think of one outside of the regular staff!

Cons

Toxic Culture and Management. Politics run the organization inside out. The regular staff are kept in the dark while management is very non-transparent on all the major decisions (such as selling company behind closed doors). All decisions seem to be based off internal politics\conflicts among the management team. Everything seem to be just a show so the higher ups can stuff their deep pockets. Super limited room for growth! Terrible benefits and health insurance will cost you an arm and a leg!

"Great Team of People"

Current Employee - Business Development Analyst in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Impaq International full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Work from home flexibility -Good amount of vacation and sick time -Opportunities for professional development and growth if you push for it -Good job for learning in your field and growing quickly -Lots of food and beverage available in-office -ASU often holds brief special events to motivate staff during the day -I work with an excellent team of people

Cons

-Lack of stability within the company -Poor communication from upper management -Researchers are often expected to put in 110% in 100% of the time, sometimes asked to do essential tasks "on their own time" -Some people have burned out from working here -The healthcare benefits are a bit of a mess, but it suffices -Management has allowed or even endorsed several employees being incredibly overworked and under-supported in the name of getting certain very long-term projects done.

"Organized"

Former Employee - Interviewer

I worked at Impaq International part-time

Pros

Organized, Easy, laidback, Felt Fulfilled

Cons

Not much room for growth

5. "Didn't pass Certification."

2.0
    Interviewer
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Impaq International

Pros

I have worked at survey centers before and always knew what was expected of me after training until I experienced Impaq

Cons

Give much more thorough computer time that include scenarios to pass certification.

6. "Data Entry was easy"

2.0
    Former Employee - Data Entry

I worked at Impaq International full-time

Pros

Easy work and fun team to work with

Cons

Small office space and pesky micromanager

"Flexible"

Current Employee - Research Analyst

I have been working at Impaq International full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Flexible -Challenging at times -Opportunities for growth

Cons

-Time zone variation between offices -Work-life balance challenging at times

8. "Nice Place to Work"

Former Employee - Meeting Planner in Washington, DC

I worked at Impaq International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Headquarter office is friendly and have a lot of monthly activities and perks.

Cons

Satellite office can work harder at being more friendly like the main office

9. "Great Growing Company"

Former Employee - Senior Research Associate in Columbia, MD

I worked at Impaq International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Opportunity for advancement Concern for work/life balance

Cons

Focus on corporate office

"tipping point reached and fallen into hot mess"

1.0

I worked at Impaq International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Once upon a time there were good reasons to go to IMPAQ. It was a good place for research professionals of all sorts who wanted to be part of an up and coming firm or just to escape the competitive and nasty environments of bigger companies. Many things got off to a good start and there were great supports and honest attempts and successes at building the right type of infrastructure. Some of that remains. There are still some good people there who want to make a difference and who do good work.

Cons

Sadly, the promising environment of just a few short years ago has quickly dissipated and many of us left in the last few years or were forced out. There are people who are sincerely promoting integration and innovation though they haven't been around long and face constant uphill battle. Most of the company and especially the highest senior management continue to tip toe around an inexperienced, volatile and overly sensitive CEO who wishes he was doing something else - like going back to his old job on wall street. Nepotism is pretty deeply ingrained. Poor communication and gossip permeate research and support staff leaving senior managers feeling depleted. There's a lot of time and money spent on making the company look good on the outside when underneath it's falling apart. Lots of fighting between senior executives over "turf" and direction and how to manage. Between all of that and the bad advice they take from management consultants, executive coaching and advisory committees, there's very little room left for decent talent to get much done. I and others like me invested some years here hoping there would be a tipping point into something fresh and new. Instead it's just fallen into a big, hot mess. Also, there's a positive review on here that's clearly fake.

Impaq International Response

May 8, 2019CEO

Dear Anonymous, I am sorry it did not work out in the end for you and IMPAQ, though six years is a good run. We have worked hard to make IMPAQ a great place to work and believe we have built a team of smart, hard-working and nice people. We are proud of that. I am also proud of the family culture that my parents created, and I will continue to honor that and allow it to flourish. As for my own personal characteristics, thank you for the feedback. I can understand how you may misconstrue my enthusiasm for volatility and sensitivity. That is something I will take to heart. Furthermore, thank you for the good advice of making sure I listen to a broader set of staff. We have amazing people here who have a tremendous amount to offer, and need to be listened to, for all of their great ideas. My door is always open, and I can always listen more. Lastly, as for goals – we are trying to build IMPAQ to be a preeminent research and analytics company, tackling some of the nation’s most difficult problems as it relates to healthcare, job growth, education, and overall wellbeing. We believe we are well on our way to achieving exactly that goal. If you would like, feel free to reach out to me directly at abenus@impaqint.com to discuss your concerns and suggestions.

Found 63 reviews