InZone Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

2.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Marketing"

Pros

For people who have no job and ready to beg

Cons

They are a scam. They don't reveal the exact work till u reach 2nd interview and escape paying u calling u a trainee. Then escape promoting you by putting very stringent rules. Scammers!! Beware!!!!!

Advice to Management

Shut the shop and deceiving people is wrong! Didn't ur mama teach u that?

2. "Inzone marketing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA (US)

I worked at InZone Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly and great work environment

Cons

A distance away and does not get compensiated for travel

3. "It is what it is"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Berkeley, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Berkeley, CA (US)

I worked at InZone Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

You talk to a lot of people and that's what the job is you try to promote Home Depots services .

Cons

A lot of rude people plus you have to meet a certain number of leads a day basically if you work hard you get paid.

Advice to Management

Try to understand the situation of your employees

"BRUTAL and MEDIOCRE"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Berkeley, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Berkeley, CA (US)

I worked at InZone Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Generally nice people to work with. Work day starts at 11am. You can set your own work schedule while in store. Work as much or as little as you want in pursuit of leads. Take lunch when you please.

If you need a job for the short term they will hire ANYONE.

"Team nights" after work playing laser tag, if you're in to that kind of thing.

You could walk up to 10 miles a day in the stores if you are interested in exercise.

Not much more than that.

Cons

I am writing this to help those that do not know better or those who are tricked by management's promises of "the sun and the moon and everything in between".

Don't get your hopes up. Let me say that again: DON'T GET YOUR HOPES UP!! The job is designed so that you will fail regularly and remain toiling for them on a low level for as long as possible.

They move you around to different sites everyday. No consistency and no reason in who is assigned to which store. I was there when a guy that lived in Colma was sent to El Cerrito and a guy that lived Richmond was sent to Colma. I can't even begin to understand this reasoning.

You're a grizzled veteran of InZone if you last four weeks. They WILL take advantage of your time and resources (car, soul and money) to get their job done. They WILL take advantage of your hopes and dreams. You WILL be rejected by annoyed and disinterested customers up to 150 times a day. Customers WILL ask you for advice on products and to lift heavy items. This is not your job. If you say no to helping them they WILL react disagreeably.

They want you to get 3 leads a day. I can't even communicate in writing how difficult this is to do. You need to get two CONSECUTIVE weeks of 18 leads to get "promoted" to Leadership. You don't get any extra pay for being "promoted" to Leadership.

Work is Monday - Saturday. Weekdays are 11am - 7pm. Saturday is 9am to 3pm. They not so quietly encourage you to stay past those hours and to work your butt off for leads. For a 5-1/2 day work week you will get roughly $350. No overtime pay whatsoever just your own personal struggle with what they will tell you is your "own desire to succeed".

They give you an extra $10 a day IF you drive your own car. ZERO mileage reimbursement even though some sites are up to 30 miles away from the main office. Remember that you still have to get home. ZERO toll reimbursement even though the Bay Bridge and Carquinez Bridge cost $5. ZERO reimbursement for wear and tear on your car. If that wasn't enough, they TAX the supposed $10 "reimbursement" cost before you even get your check. Pretty sure that all of this is in violation of IRS regulations about using your own vehicle for work purposes so they can claim higher numbers on InZone's own taxes. This elicits thoughts of a five-letter word beginning with "F" and ending with "D".

I worked out my numbers for a day's work in Vallejo using IRS 2015 mileage rates of $0.59/ mile. The Vallejo Home Depot is 26 miles from the InZone office and a $5 toll for the Carquinez bridge. The conservative reimbursement amount should have been at LEAST $20.34 for that day of work ALONE. You will see nothing close to amount that except a TAXED ten extra dollars on your check.

You could walk up to 10 miles a day in the stores if you are not interested in exercise.

Advice to Management

STOP promising EVERY employee that they could one day be a manager/ owner. We all KNOW that this is not true. STOP capitalizing on people's hopes and dreams. STOP making people come in to the office every morning to feed them drummed up promises from the Kool-Aid pitcher before sending them out into the field each day - it's a waste of time.

Be honest about the job and what it is - a cold face-to-face marketing job for Home Depot services where you will be rejected and spurned by customers 99.99% of the time all in the name of securing "leads".

"Terrible"

I worked at InZone Marketing part-time

Pros

They'll give anyone a job so if you're desperately searching, try your hand here. They make you feel as if you're surrounded by "like-minded" managers with a "student mentality".

Cons

They ought to be ashamed. It's terrible here. They sale people dreams and have a terrible turn over rates. They can't keep anyone for more than a month and Bryan has yet to make anyone an actual manager. They just use you for cheap labor and when I say cheap, I mean you'll work 40+ hours a week at $8.00 but they'll find ways to take that little big away from you.

Advice to Management

Stop selling dreams and be honest about the job from the beginning. They'll be working at Home Depot, begging people to sign up for home interior designs. Let's be real.

7. "The company & the Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA (US)

I worked at InZone Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First of all, i moved from my country two years ago and i came here to California to do my post-graduate studies and after a year of studying i started to pursue a career, i worked for three companies before In-zone and they were all either scam or have no career goal to there people. In-zone, It is the greatest opportunity anybody might be able to have in the Bay Area, from 6-12 months you can make it to management and when i say management i mean the entry level employees can become business owners with no cost or financial obligations at all; they just need to learn and once they learn right they will know how to earn. it is a career more than a job, i am not saying that it is very easy to achieve the requirements but i am saying that it is doable and i personally did it, i got promoted and traveled half way across the country to attend a leadership conference and stayed in a five stay hotel, trip was fully paid by the company as a reward to me, and it happens not only once a year but four times a year, every quarter. Employees get paid from the first working day and they motivated by the team on a regular daily basis. The owner, is a smart educated young gentleman who i personally appreciate on a very personal level and a brother to me and everybody else before a manager, he makes the company very diverse so, there is no racial discrimination nor a religious discrimination everyone is treated equally and have the equal opportunity and that is why people can get along with each other, which i personally believe that it is what the human beings need nowadays. Thanks for the management team on top of it Majola, who took a good care of me ever since the first day i started and thanks for the owner Brian hunter who makes this job a professional changing experience and made my stay in America much more beneficial than it would have been otherwise.

Cons

there is no cons in general but i would say for those who prefer to take two days off, it is only one and a half day off because Saturdays are half days and Sundays off. But no matter what it is worth to give it a shot.
    If you are international its hard to get a Visa to stay and work permanently but that applies on every company not only In-zone.

Advice to Management

focus on conveying the message correctly from the first day and the second round interviews regarding the long-term opportunity. Unfortunately many people come to the company they don't really understand the full picture of the job as a long-term opportunity. I knew the value of it because i was into it, but people need to get informed more than that.

Keep up the good work and be a good motivator and decent owner as you were always be. i wish you all the best.

8. "Company Review"

I have been working at InZone Marketing full-time

Pros

very friendly and easy interview.. direct marketing for home depot not for me

Cons

direct marketing in home depot

"The growth opportunities have been very rewarding"

I have been working at InZone Marketing full-time

Pros

I’ve been here at Inzone Marketing from almost the first month they were established in Berkeley. I have been given opportunities to expand my responsibilities and to take on leadership roles. My hard work and dedication has paid off during my time here. This has really given me positive boost in my confidence.

Cons

It’s a lot of responsibility taking on a leadership role but I was happy take the challenge and have been happy with the outcome.

Advice to Management

They do an excellent job making sure people are ready to take on new roles.

10. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Berkeley, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Berkeley, CA (US)

Pros

If this is your first job and no one else is hiring then go for it.

Cons

Promotion is the name of the game and this manager has not promoted anyone in 5 years. He spent most of his time being an errand boy at the regional office. This is a minimum wage job and they do not pay you for your over time. Meet the managers in the area, they are all new. Why the turn over at the top with managers who were running seemingly successful markets. Transparency is not the name of this game.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach.

11. "Team nights and amazing people"

Pros

I have meet great people here at Inzone Marketing. We all get along as a team and that is because of our weekly team nights. We do dinners, bowling, and many other fun events. This has helped us build our team morale and get to know each other better. This helps me stay motivated and excited to come to work. We support each other and it helps knowing that our success is a team effort.

Cons

Our team is together a lot and it is key that we get to know each other and are genuine as well. Investing a little more time to do so is important to our success.

Advice to Management

The team nights and support have been very helpful!