Indian Army Lieutenant Col Reviews

1 Rating
  1. "Lt Col"

Former Employee - Lieutenant Col in New Delhi

I worked at Indian Army full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The very best in all respects

Cons

all good and nothing bad

Indian Army2019-06-18

"Lt Col"

2.0
    Lieutenant Col in Tawang

I worked at Indian Army

Pros

A wonderful way of life due to comeradeship, trust and nature of sacrifices made for each whether officer or Jawan, they both will not leave their dead, leave aside injured behind. Am retired, but given another life, I will go back again to Army, Infantry, my parent Arm at that. It is not the pay & perks, which in any case are not commensurate with the adversity and risk, are just frugal, but it is for a life well spent as a human being. Once a soldier, is always a soldier. You can take a soldier out of Army but you cannot take out Army out of a guy who was once a soldier! The family develops a national character. Children are confident, versatile and can relate to all and do well within & out the country. They are not typical Punjabi, Tamils or Malyalees but just Indians.

Cons

The life expectancy is less due to hazards, danger, degree of difficulty, physical & mental stress, uncertainty of what lies ahead and conditions inside the country too are not favorable. The politicians & bureaucrats have no clue about the living conditions of Armed Forces and they do not listen to the Army Top Brass, unlike other countries say America where half of their presidents were veterans. Similarly the Civil Administration and police just work on bribe which the soldier cannot afford to give, they therfore do not get justice from even courts as police turns investigation in favor of the bribe giver and against the soldier. The family suffers most. The separation, living away from the Head of family due to difficult and non family stations, they are thus denied the supervision, a family in particular the children need. My daughter has done 12 classes from 11 schools spread all over the country. Both children shifted three schools in three different states when they were in 10th and 12th. My daughter had Math And Biology, both. Rest you can imagine yourself. An Indian soldier is not looked after they he us other countries and left to fend for himself. Having retired in mid thirties (80%), mid forties ( 18% ) and mid fifties (2%), there are hardly any a vanes for him outside service to look after him. Just imagine you retired between 35 to 38 ( 80% ), children are studying in the range of 12 to 15 years and you are given a meager pension and retired, what will you do, how will you educate & bring up your children and a life of unemployment starks you in the eye. He gets 37% of his salary as pension. Your politician retires after 5 Years in thr Parlianent and gets full pension and all other perks. A short commissioned retires after 10-14 years and then sent home pension! Where is the justice for a soldier? He has been denigrated and Congress and BJP are equal partners in this crime against a soldier! May God bless Indian soldier as he has no one else to turn to!

Indian Army2016-05-07
  3. "excellent experience"

Current Employee - Lieutenant Col in New Delhi
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Indian Army full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

personal growth. adventurous life. get to see the entire country. immense respect

Cons

on duty 24x7. frequent moves.

Indian Army2014-12-21

"There will be no other organisation like this. One cannot even imagine!"

Former Employee - Lieutenant Col in Tawang
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Indian Army full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Best organisation, fair, teaches you best of unselfish values, Ensures you stay healthy, your children learn best of values, you and your family stops being a typical Indian the form of being a Punjabi or Madrasi or whatever and you having lived all over India, develop an Indian personality, rather a world class personality. Comeradeship is the best. In a nut shell, you stand a class apart. Having served in the Infantry, the Ultimate Arm of Indian Army, post retirement, I have worked in the in corporate for 12 years. Gain say, Army is the best, so are Navy & the Air Force!

Cons

It is challenging indeed, pay is average & your lives are frugal, postings are at such places, (half the time non family stations )you cannot as a civilian, even imagine. It is equally challengng for the family. Postings every two/three years takes a toll on children's studies. My daughter did her 12 classes from 11 schools and son two schools less as by that time I had sought premature retirement and settled down in civil life. However having said, given another chance to live, I will still choose Army and Infantry at that, as I despite difficulties, I loved that life of laying down lives for each other, rather than running after each other's lives which I see around.

Indian Army2014-12-02

"Great experience and learning opportunities"

4.0
    Former Employee - Lieutenant Col

I worked at Indian Army full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Leadership roles, challenging assignments and large diversity

Cons

Steep pyramidal structure, lethargic decision making by government on defence issues, both professional an personal

Indian Army2013-11-18

"Awesome organisation to work with, sets you up for a lifetime. One of the best organizations to work in this world."

Former Employee - Lieutenant Col in Rānchī

I worked at Indian Army full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The most disciplined organization in this world. Sets you on the right path to never ending success path all your life.

Cons

Hard task masters who can get the best out of you.

Indian Army2012-07-30

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews