What people are saying about Indian Army
Off topic- Indian Army officer or a 40-50 LPA job in companies like FAANG. Which one would you choose and why? p.s. - I understand that everyone has their own perspective, and I am not looking for any advice. Just curious about the perspective of my fellow fishes.
Is there any company in India which allows employees to join Territorial Army(TA) 🪖 without any objection? I heard in few YT videos that TCS normally allows as it honors Govt notification. This is India's 2nd line of defence under Indian Army n r required to attend mandatory training for a month or 2 each year to be ready in case country needs them.... FYI, There r many from corp sector who r serving as an Lieutenant officer in TA for 2 months and go back to corp life for rest of the year....
Got a burning question about Indian Army? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Indian Army employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "ACR fixation, sycophancy, narrow organisational outlook, disastrous policy formulation by non organisational persons having no experience in the organisation matters, unstable family life, poor work life balance, low salary, diminishing prestige, corruption at higher levels." (in 10 reviews)
- "The downside is the early retirement." (in 7 reviews)
Found 5 of over 653 reviews
Updated 20 Sept 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "quality of life"Return to all Reviews
- 5.029 Jul 2012Priciple Staff AdvisorFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsĀgra, Uttar Pradesh
Unbeatable exposure to quality of life and varied experiences at work.
Hard living conditions but gives fulfillment by looking after the men you command by respect.1
- 5.021 Mar 2017BrigadierFormer EmployeeChennai
Honour, prestige, respect and love in the eyes of countrymen, great quality of life, excellent opportunities to flourish as an individual and a leader of men and a fabulous working environment infused with tremendous camaraderie and espirit-de-corps
A little separation from family now and then, a bit of rough weather (climatically and otherwise too) to brave through when posted in certain forward areas and a little risk to life and limb which you can't eliminate entirely
- 5.026 Jul 2012Army OfficerFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsNew Delhi
Quality of life, Adventure, Love and affection of comrades, Chance to serve nation in best possible way, Good health, post retirement benefits, Glamour of uniform .
Tough life , separation from family, early retirement , Loss of link from native place due to prolonged absence from home town, no perceptible recognition of sacrifice by civil society or administration.1
- 3.013 Jan 2018Middle ManagerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearJammu, Jammu and Kashmir
secured life, good pensionary benefits, good quality of life, feeling of a sense of pride
little freedom to do the job one likes, stagnation at middle and top level, frequent trasfers
- 5.03 Jun 2020ColonelCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsNew Delhi
Quality of Life, Cross functional exposure,Higher Education and training opportunities, Job Stability
Frequent transfers, children's schooling, physical hardships