Industrial Light & Magic Creature Technical Director Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Found 4 reviews

4.0
Industrial Light & Magic CEO Lynwen Brennan
Lynwen Brennan
  1. "Good people, good projects, good culture"

Former Employee - Senior Creature Technical Director in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Industrial Light & Magic full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work at ILM 1year and a half. I loved it. I was in the creature department. I come more from a rigging background but I love Zeno, the soft for doing simulation. The first 3 months were really confusing, but the community around Zeno at ILM in all the different facilities is huge and made my life easier. You have a good perspective career if you stay and if you prove you are good and willing to not have a good pay.

Cons

Average pay, they play with the fact a lot of people wants to come. Lot of overtime but it's common in the VFX

Advice to Management

give a better raise to your artists if you value them. Try harder to keep them or people like me who love the company will leave again and again.

Industrial Light & Magic2018-03-08
  2. "Acknowledge who they are"

Former Employee - Creature Technical Director in Singapore

I worked at Industrial Light & Magic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Top projects in the industry, decent pay depending on location. Fantastic people that all want to accomplish the best work around. Each location has varying benefit packages. Upper management communicates well with all levels throughout company. There is a reason so many employees have stayed with them so long. I would absolutely work for them again, likely in a different location.

Cons

As my title states, know what the company is and what you want to get out of them. More often than not you are seen to provide one thing and that's it. Acknowledge that fact and get out of them what you need and move on. If you are a lucky one to have a path then fantastic. If not, find another company and know that you worked on hopefully one of the great shows. Often gets themselves into too many shows, reduced schedules,...

Advice to Management

Update production tracking process to not rely solely on email Accept that your proprietary software works and stop trying to rewrite it Develop a functional and communicated advancement structure to those whom show they want to invest with the company

Industrial Light & Magic2016-11-25

"People and work is great but pay is too low."

Current Employee - Creature Technical Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Industrial Light & Magic full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great projects, people are the best and helpful, proprietary software is fantastic.

Cons

Projects get pushed and tight resulting in too much overtime. Pay is lower than most companies. Company seems to prefer working model of mostly contract employees. Little training for contractors leaving the burden of question answering to other people.

Advice to Management

Better pay all around especially staff employees who are making less than fellow contractors. More training for contractors. The burden of help is too great on other employees.

Industrial Light & Magic2014-07-10
  4. "Top notch projects. Professional work environments"

Former Employee - Creature Technical Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Industrial Light & Magic for more than a year

Pros

You will always usually get the top films and projects to work on. Depending on the department, you can get your hands wet using many different software packages. Pay and benefits are decent. Paid overtime and good health care.

Cons

It can be hard to move up, ILM is more ideal if you are senior or intermediate level. You can get easily stuck doing one thing over and over again. Cost of living in San Francisco and Bay Area.

Industrial Light & Magic2013-02-20