Industrial Light & Magic "shots" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Industrial Light & Magic Employee Reviews about "shots"

Updated 4 Jan 2020

3.4
Industrial Light & Magic President and General Manager Lynwen Brennan
Lynwen Brennan
Pros
Cons
  • "Broken pipeline, kept on life support by legacy ILMers who refuse to change(in 13 reviews)

• "I don't think they get the same standard of training as San Francisco(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "shots"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "WOW!"

Current Intern - Graduate Roto & Paint Artist in London, England

I have been working at Industrial Light & Magic for less than a year

Pros

Just Pros! Everyone is friendly, you get actual shots to work on and you will learn a lot.

Cons

There are no Cons, if you can start here at ILM than you are in good hands

Industrial Light & Magic2020-01-04
  2. "Great professional experience"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Industrial Light & Magic

Pros

Really professional team. Everybody works hard and pro-actively to help each other and improve the shots. Even though it's my first experience in the VFX industry, I can sense that the professionalism and quality standards are probably the highest in the industry.

Cons

Doesn't pay as much as expected. But, being a company where everyone wants to work in, I guess it's a trade off. Other than that, no complaints.

Industrial Light & Magic2016-04-23

"Great for a short period"

Former Employee - Generalist/Digital Matte Painter in Singapore

I worked at Industrial Light & Magic full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Great, challenging and fun projects. - Professional work attitude among the peers, leads and supervisors in general. - Enjoyed all the company events and special gifts for employees. - Generalists/Digital Matte Painters have more ownership of their shots which is really wonderful!

Cons

- In Singapore, OT is not paid during the week days except on weekends. So, they always expect or request that you work late to deliver targets on weekdays uncompensated. And there are always lots of crunch time. So there's no proper work life balance. If having more family/personal time is what you are seeking, then ILM may not be for you. - As in every company, there are always office politics. But here it can be a little in-your-face. - Work environment can be too open, so there's lack of privacy in your work.

Continue reading
    Industrial Light & Magic2015-08-10

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews