InnerWorkings Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated 13 Jan 2020

2.9
InnerWorkings CEO Rich Stoddart
Rich Stoddart
Pros
Cons
  • "No bonuses meanwhile upper management travels worldwide for a lot of meetings(in 11 reviews)

• "While the work environment and tasks are enjoyable, very little to no compensation changes occur with gained responsibilities(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Excellent workplace environment and management."

Former Contractor - Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at InnerWorkings for less than a year

Pros

Excellent work/life balance. Positive work environment and culture. Work from home flexibility at required times. Good Pay for a contractor. Very supportive management. No micromanagement. No discrimination between contractor and full time employee.

Cons

No cons that i can think of.

InnerWorkings2020-01-14

"Good luck... you'll need it."

2.0
    Former Employee - Production Manager

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time

Pros

Casual work environment with Holiday-related perks such as early release.

Cons

Very sink or swim. Never have I experienced a corporate environment where people send emails merely to satisfy their own vanity. Upper management's style of doing things is to do what's best for them, not you. And there's a whole lot of communication that's pure word salad - empty rhetoric where people talk about what they should/could do, but no one ever does anything. No one takes responsibility for anything - it's always someone else's problem & since upper management is in it only for themselves, they won't hesitate to throw other people under the bus. They'll tell you they try to "retain talent" if an account is lost, but that only works if you either live in Chicago or are willing to relocate on your own dime.

InnerWorkings2019-02-06

"Modern Company With Poor Communication"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time for more than a year

Pros

Food perks like free coffee, tea, soda/seltzer, candy, and fruit. Beer fridge located in the Chicago Headquarters cafeteria (after 5pm only). Relatively frequent employee events like brief happy hours with wine/beer, pizza, and so on. Casual and relatively youthful work environment.

Cons

Cramped office space. Management's solution to an overcrowded office was to create more desks with the same square footage. Poor, dismissive, and infrequent communication from executives and upper management. Traditional upward mobility is difficult - you must move laterally and diagonally. Promotions and raises are difficult unless someone is leaving. Executives feel inaccessible despite "open door policy" and blue jeans. Most people don't know what's going on in other departments and adopt a "not my job, not my problem" attitude. Management does nothing to rectify this. INWK is spreading too thin too quickly and is not producing quality work as a result.

InnerWorkings2018-11-09
  4. "Excellent Team, Excellent Culture"

4.0
    Current Employee - ECommerce Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Casual work environment - Good benefits - Great work/ life balance - Competitive salary - AMAZING manager and team - Nice perks, like sparkling water, fruit, coffee, etc. - Opportunities for flexibility/ remote scheduling

Cons

- Cramped office environment - Unclear career path/ upward mobility - Inconsistent processes across departments

InnerWorkings2018-09-14

InnerWorkings Response

September 19, 2018Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you so much for your feedback! We're excited to say our Chicago office is growing and we're adding new and creative-minded employees to the team. Please come talk to the HR team if you have any additional feedback you'd like to share!

5. "Good experience for entry level initiation into corporate environment but little appreciation for hard work"

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time for more than a year

Pros

You learn a lot very quickly and earn new responsibilities daily if you can keep up. You get to work with big name clients and learn valuable skills to take with you.

Cons

While the work environment and tasks are enjoyable, very little to no compensation changes occur with gained responsibilities. There is a high turn over rate with this company because they will literally work you to death until you quit, using you for just as little compensation as they can. Even large promotions and title changes come with very minimal pay increases. For someone fresh out of college with little to no corporate experience, this place is great! I learned a lot that I am able to take with me now but it was disappointing that they don't want to spend the money to retain the talent that they developed. The culture is also not very friendly for families with children. You were looked at as more of a burden and less of an asset if you had children and were not offered as many opportunities to travel or take on other projects. Requesting time off for children's illnesses, appointments or school events definitely affected my progress with the company. Definitely not a family friendly company. For young, single, unmarried people, that do not care about a work/life balance this place is a good place to start. Career-wise and long-term, it wasn't somewhere I could plant roots.

InnerWorkings2018-08-01

"Inwk"

2.0

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time

Pros

Flexible work environment, lots of opportunities to explore new ideas, open door management, friendly employees.

Cons

Little to no upward mobility, completely focused on results and getting the job done by whatever means possible. Employees are like a revolving door, and the "culture" is that everyone's bonding over counting down the hours to leave.

InnerWorkings2018-05-22

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing growth opportunities! Wonderful work/life balance Casual work environment

Cons

Pay could be a bit higher

InnerWorkings2018-02-07

"Great place to work with advancement opportunities!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Senior management is accessible -Very career focused individuals who provide growth opportunities -Casual work environment -A lot of cross functional projects to take part in -Co-workers come from all over since we are global - you get to meet a lot of people -Most managers here are sharp and they take the time to educate you in their areas of expertise

Cons

-Pay could be a bit higher but it's still pretty comparable to other places

InnerWorkings2018-01-30
  9. "Warehouse employee"

I worked at InnerWorkings part-time

Pros

Great management, good communication, great work environment

Cons

Boring job, pay could be better

InnerWorkings2017-11-16

"Production Manager"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time

Pros

An upscale, brand new work environment definitely geared toward the "millennial" generation.

Cons

Lack of training and involvement from management.

InnerWorkings2017-11-15